New Gem Types

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Hellius, Sep 20, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Should DSO introduce new gems for Block Rate & Block Strength?

1. Yes, good idea :)

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. No, bad idea :(

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hellius

Hellius Forum Greenhorn

Maybe someone already came up with this idea, couldn't find any appropriate threads.
    I think after patch 155 game needs two additional types of gems:

1. Topaz (Orange) would give +12 to block rate
    2. Opal (Green) should give +0.05 to block strength

What do you think guys? Good idea or not?

2. Marmaduk

Marmaduk Forum Apprentice

As it's almost imposible to get shield with perfect stats for block rate and amount, I agree with the offer!

3. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

I don't mind the idea, but of note: the block strength is ridiculously low right now. I have a 90% increase on my shield and it takes it from 50% which is base reduction with no increase to 65%. A 15% improvement for a 90% increase is not a very good return on investment.

_Baragain_ and Darwarren like this.
  4. Shiladitya

Shiladitya Padavan

I would rather have them give 1 extra gem slot on all items if we are so eager to spend money on new gems anyways.

5. MeanMachine

MeanMachine Forum Apprentice

It would be nice to have block rate gems, however same logic should be applied here as with speed / damage gems. Those gems can be used only with weapons and weapon adornments, hence block rate gems should be used only with shields.

As for the block strength gems, I'm not sure

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  6. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Sounds like a probable new Jester prize.

7. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Perhaps for the Rate gems, a % would be better. That would keep them from being OP at low levels and useless at high levels.

What about on the Black Warlord pauldrons?

BigPapa likes this.
  8. MeanMachine

MeanMachine Forum Apprentice

Not sure if BP will go for that :)

I also think that after patch 155 legendary items are outdated and just aren't sufficient enough for level 50 players. BP should introduce entirely new class of items (Mythical Items?) with 5 possible enchantments and up to 5 gem slots, as Shiladitya suggested above

Also, a special PvP set would be nice too - to bring people back to Arena. Players would buy each piece of the set for badges of honor and/or/also would have to reach certain PvP rank before they could put it on.

Shiladitya likes this.
  9. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

BP is currently running out our resources with low drop rates and weak drop items. Some items drop below player level or map level. The reintroduction of weak ghost gear in HOD is another example. There are so many unique sets now; BP can tease us with a unique drop, with no unique set bonus possible in reality. When will there be more Tayaz pieces dropping?
    More gems would just add more misdirection.

10. Zamvel7

Zamvel7 Active Author

the idea is not bad,

but i dislike having them as a normal drop from monsters, as bigpapa suggested they fit as a jester prize, these gems are more defensive according to their nature they should be used on shields mostly, so at the opposite of the current blue and red gems which can be used for both 1h and 2h players, these new gems would be only useful for 1h players while the others will waste space and a good drop too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.