New possible classes and different possible builds

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by ΣMiwel, Sep 2, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

I'd like to see a bard class instead.

Night-Elemental and sargon234 like this.
  2. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

I would like to see a summoner class instead

3. raider

raider Forum Pro

I'd like to see the current Classes balanced.

kuwabaraz and DBS-Flamelurker like this.
  4. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

We have that, it's called dwarf. And it's as OP as you said in the other thread a summoner class would be.

raider likes this.
  5. raider

raider Forum Pro

Yea, Machine guns/turrets, guided missiles etc all types of deadly summons :D

Oh, takes a second to replace 'em too!

6. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

true, however his position is turret thus it allows him to deal insane offensive damage, when I say summoner I more push in the direction of druid or necromancer, druid ofc can transform like in LE, and have up to 9 -10 active minions.
    Nice things about both necromancer and summoner they can be either ranged or melee.
    Mentioning an old game here and it has lots of issues with windows 10 therefore believing I would be allowed to get away with it
    but in for example sacred 2 :

Death Becomes Him
    New to Ancaria? Then the Shadow Warrior should be your first choice. He is robust, hard to kill and a skilled fighter, which makes him the perfect character for beginners. He is able to use the largest swords, heaviest war axes and maces. His strikes and blows are deadly. He keeps calm when battle rages around him and always tries to get close, so his opponents can get a taste of his close combat skills. The undead part of the Shadow Warrior adds something very special to his classic fighting skills as it enables him to call forth his dead comrades for support.

Naturally there is more summoner classes than this, however I loved this one to play with back in the day

Funny how this request for a kinda coolish effect aura lead to this unique class proposals xD

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  7. JohnWick

JohnWick Advanced

I called him the cowardly warrior, combined summoning skeletons with invisibility and laughed at me.

I think that something like this here would be very op and unbalance the game, I do not deny that I do not like the idea (which I like a lot) but I do not see it possible here :(

8. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

ofc not, its just balling ideas, making dk a summoner class would break the game, not proposing it either.
    bear in mind summoner ranger could be just as broken, necromancer summoneing 18 skeletons and shooting mm the % baee per second would be insne ofc.
    Just like in another game that summoner class has been severely nerfed due to the auto farm aspect of a summoner in that given game.

raider likes this.
  9. raider

raider Forum Pro

Dunno which of the 3 classes (no DKs, of course) make it faster but Rangers "auto-farm" already anyhow lol

DBS-Flamelurker likes this.
  10. Hiro73

Hiro73 Forum Expert

Phyrix reminded me of my old favorite game. We are talking about 10 years ago. It would be nice if in DSO the mount would allow you to attack, give you more HP and could be armored like in Sacred.

[content removed]

Last edited by moderator: Sep 4, 2020
  11. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Damn we are going waay off topic here
    But while we are at it, in the spirit of arpgs, sacred 2 was released in 2008 and was one of the first titles to sport nvidia physx technology
    Yes shadow warrior was melee summoner, but almost all classes in that game was hybrid except for shadow warrior
    the base stats was earned with level cap and the level cap was 200.
    This is much older arpgs sacred was at one stage the only [EDIT] alternative.
    Drakensang onlines' presence was unknown to me when [EDIT] was the arpg to play.
    I am sheerly and utterly disappointed in this fact because unlike most arpgs including [EDIT] drakensang has lasted me years and I believe with the CE will continue to last me many more years to come.
    To be honest drakensang is unique it should have pushed the client much earlier and should have marketed their game as an mmo arpg
    I believe the client base could have been as big as the [EDIT] client base and the level of loyalty they could have had just as much.
    had bp had that kind of money from client and revenue etc dso could have been a lot different from what it is now, when i say that I mean it could have possibly been the ARPG king.
    It is sad the turns the game has taken but every fate to its own I believe.
    When I was on the official discord a player said to me I must be a dopamine addict, for thinking the crafting system in dso is the best.
    I never said its the most efficient at all
    I meant the ability to have 4 of the same values in an item is my kind of sweet spot and then to top that off you get to craft that sweet spot into a unique.
    None of the new arpgs out there has that at all
    yes they have crafting but nothing as amazing as the opportunity to craft something with insane stat altering legendaries into uniques.
    Literally not a single one of them
    [EDIT] has not the slightest idea how amazing it is to be able to do that, last epoch meh
    yellow items with t4 enchants is meh
    tl3 is meh and the character class system is too weird.
    [EDIT] isnt even in the west
    And to me its saddening, do the devs of other games not understand how amazing it is to be able to do what one can do in DSO?
    If the crafting system that is in DSO was in any other arpg I would actually play them for longer than 6 weeks
    I would focus on my build and getting it maxed
    And this is what people don't understand, to me DSO unlike some of the overgrinding in it etc is a semi perfected jewel that should be treasured by arpg players.
    spawns on a map and lets his minions clear the whole map for him, and collect all the loot for him too?
    Thats what happened last year in [EDIT], and why summoners got nerfed hard

Last edited by moderator: Sep 4, 2020
    DBS-Flamelurker likes this.
  12. raider

raider Forum Pro

not that much.. yet..
    inb4 BP invents a P2W Pet..

13. cigarbennett

cigarbennett Old Hand

Do you guys ever stay on topic. This is about a new costume suggested by Silverseas. Start your own thread about a new class.

14. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

actually its effect aura and weve discussed that too

15. Anyki

Anyki User

While I'm happy to see other players so enthusiastic about the game, please remember to follow the forum rules so I don't have to go around editing all your posts. :p

Also, we don't usually harshly enforce the "stay on topic" rules in threads that aren't created for feedback, but if people want me to split this into a separate thread, that can be done.

Cheers,
    Anyki

16. Hiro73

Hiro73 Forum Expert

Without the freedom of expression I don't like this content anymore.

17. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Apologies @Anyki I do tend to talk about dso and other arpgs quite a bit, I propose you split it yes, then title "New possible classes and different possible builds"
    Then lets see if we can get some more replies from that thread xD

raider likes this.
  18. Night-Elemental

Night-Elemental Forum Apprentice

Bard seems nice... if you're going in the direction of buffing other group members