Feedback no bans for abusers? +some general feedback

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by RacoonBoyTrashPanda, Jul 30, 2023.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. RacoonBoyTrashPanda

RacoonBoyTrashPanda Forum Apprentice

TLDR: Mad about exploit, game is unhealthy at the moment, discord mods are snowflakes, major exploitation of regular players during group play.

Please mods who will read this thread, read it with an open mind, ive tried to limit my wording a bit, but overall i am loving the game, but hate the direction it is heading to. Please if possible pass it up to the people who can do somethign about it, instead of leaving it here to rot in the archives.

bug abuse section:

I kept my excess jewels (899) unmelted, they were righfully removed (no wrong on this part of course), but i see people who melted and maxxed their chars, got 10M cap, etc are not banned. Not any kind of punishment on them??? Are you guys going ot provide atleast some bit of information on the matter? are they eventually gonna be punished or what? because as i see it now, form my POV, i got punished by taking away my jewel that i didnt abuse to melt, but kept in my inventory. Also another thing to add, the whole stacks were taken, you could have left atleast 1 off of each stack and remove 49x that were excessively dropped. Im not trying to be nitty gritty here, but it seems unfair that people who melted and got advantages are untoched, this will set another precedent, where in the future, people like me who waited for it to be resolved, won't wait for your.... actions...

I've seen a lot of (insert abusive word here) from you guys lately, i am a very long time player, i play almsot since the introduction of the game to the global market. I've been a witness to many unfair stuff through the years, but something like this, something of that scale has always been resolved in a firm permanent ban hammer on the head.

general feedback on game health

It is coming to my attention, that, for the last year and a half, maybe even two, the game is more focused on the user purchasing lucky boxes/bags. Now im not saying thats something bad, but personally i dont see it needed in a game like DSO. Currently, someone who is from a nice country with a nice job, can very cheeply(100-150 euro - cheap for them) afford to have 5 Jewels of Focus which used to ba an endgame grinded item. Many of us dreaded the possibility of dropping another useless jewel from the Q-chest or other sources. Now, ive seen people getting 5 of the endgame jewels for about 40-50 euros worth of boxes if they get very lucky. Although, on some classes even 1 common rarity Jewel of focus can enable a new playstyle.
    -In conclusion to the lucky boxes, i'd say "Please stop orienting the game towards p2w gamble, im ok with buying dust packs, deluxe, etc, but lucky bags are not healthy"

official DSO discord feedback

Now I'd like to talk about the official Discord. I was banned from it on 7 accounts already, mainly for spamming clown emojis under some mod's posts (mind you, it wasnt only me spamming them, there were lots of other back then). Some of my other bans include, but arent limited to:
    1. Posting dog gifs. - Mods seems to be cat lovers, and dont tolerate dog gifs, understandable.
    2. Posting an obcene gif of someone throwing up (perma mute, that later resulted into a perma ban because of clown emoji spam)
    3. Auto mutes for using phrases like AF (as frick) BS (not needed to explain) and the more obscene method of saying WTH. and if im not mistaken, it was 3 of them and you are out kinda thing.
    4. Abusing moderators. - This one is a very gray area, you can just ping a moderator and it would be considered abuse, you can just send the clown emoji as a stand-alone message, not pointed towards anyone and its considered a mod abuse. Current mods are a bit of snowflakes when it comes to abuse, i havent heard anyone being banned for a VALID mod abuse reason. Even if you send an opinion that a certain mod is not doing a good enough job or abuses THEIR power over the community, its also cosidered a mod abuse.... the feedback gets to nobody in the end and nothing is done on the matter.
    5. was banned 2 or 3 times for revealing that im on an alt account. That one i cant blame them for, i wish going in on an alt acc wasnt forbidden, but hey, atleast its one fair reason.

the list goes on and on, to the point where people are trolling the DSO discord as doing "Ban speedruns any% glitchless"

Now, at this point in time, i have no will to post anything to this discord, im just looking to get the information that is being posted there. By banning people for ridiculous snowflake reasons, you are limiting people away from the only place where adequate information and game news are posted. It can be argued that information is being posted here on the forums, and yes thats true, but it comes with days and sometimes a week worth of wait.
    I am proposing to unban everyone who is banned and to not ban anyone in the future, but instead you can just mute them permanently, or even create a role, where they have only access to the news channels so they can see news for the game. (ALTHOUGH, devs(orange names) post news sometimes in the normal chat channels, like posting sneek peeks, text info, ext.) But i generally feel bad for being banned under ridiculous reason, no way to dispute anything because it is impossible to connect with anyone from the server once you are banned, and im limited to game news by the forums, which are, sorry to say this on the forum itself, but very poorly updated.

feedback on group play

as of right now, i see no real incentive for my fully maxxed character to play with anyone else in a party, other than personal gratification that i helped someone.

It has come to my attention, that some smarties abuse good players' will to help by getting a character Levelled to 100, equipped with basic gear (brig items, global uniques, etc) Getting atleast 2-5 random generic jewels on it, and then selling that characted for about 20-30 euros.

Ive made experiments, unfortinately i dont have any data to provide at the moment or any proofs (so you kinda have to take my word for granted here). but here it goes: Ive scanned almost all sources of account selling websites (wont disclose their names). Ive scanned them for about 2 weeks, looking at newly popp-ed up characters. I tried to indulge in buying one - as i described it in the upper paragraph. Basic, gear, lvl100 etc. AND before we finalised the purchase i asked the guy to send a bit more pictures of the account and it turned out to be one of the guys i though im helping legit for the past week or so.

This all started as my own conspiracy, as i saw lots of people begging for help in chat, i go ahead and help them for a week or 2 almost like a big friend help, only for them to change names after 2 weeks and not remember me (sus?). So thats why i decided to do this experiment. Of course for any leagal reasons, i havent finalised any account purchase at all, just caught the guy who begged for help and then sold account online.

SO, outside of that, if i ever play party, its either for the Thabo realm fragment map, or only with close friends and no outsiders to the friend group.

You guys seriously have to thing about this type of trades happening, because for people like this, the real newbs are struggling to ever get help in the game.

Also i think you should add some better incentive to grouping up like for example: the group aura stays through the whole map, not only when close. If i want to play with a noob to help him, but he also provides me with Realm Frags +5/10 bonus, he literally has to be next to me and dies all the time and i waste resources to resurrect him and it becomes a slow drag, that makes me stop the game and launch some other game, than trying to carry anyone anywhere.

another good example is to have a daily quest with some nice reward that requires you to complete any PW world map in a group of 5 people. and example of good reward is: andermants atleast 1000+ in todays game economy; 50+ gilded clovers; 10K/3k/1k blue/purple/red essences; 10x random boss ingredient(can be done in different rarities or random); 500+ realm fragments; 25K+ Materi fragments; 50+ infernal passage; 5x Community coins; 5x Altered Crescerite; any amount of Keys of prowess; miltitools/broken multitools, secret lair offerings, 1x steam core, lockpicks, you know all the consumable stuff
    and you can make it so that daily quest gives a lucky box, that contains one of these things. or lets say: 50 000 gold + 500 ander + a chance for one of the rewards shown.

There are many ways to incetivise group play.

I hope sincerely, that anyone in the upper levels of this company gets to read my feeback, It is indeed a bit controversial, i hope it doesnt get deleted or anything, everything im saying is in favour of the game's future. I have played the game for many years, i am longer in the game, than the current dev team(no flex here), and i hate to see the game i grew up with going in the direction of the trash can :( I love DSO and i always will.

edit:

I forgot to add, im playing in Grimmag, and currently the Kingshill Regional chat is occupied by russian speaking players. most of the time they are posting some disturbing s*xually charged stuff and no one is doing anything about them, just a friendly reminder. you can see for yourself if you just enter Grimmag and open kingshil regional chat. there is no english messages or any other only russians using it as a chat room

Beliar and Kelle like this.
  2. Kelle

Kelle Forum Apprentice

it's all true and very sad, the king bug abesers are still enjoing all the jewels too btw :))

3. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Forum Duke

It's a bit early to assume nothing will happen with the bug abusers. But they better give an update about it and would also be nice to reward the honest players for once. Players that kept those stacks intact should be given a little pat on the back.
    Last year same story...allot of players got resources taken away, but I know multiple people who claim they still have the ingredient jewel they got from exploiting the daily king quest last year. Meanwhile I always play honest, support the game and got 0 jewels. I'm not going to rat them out, but it's sure as hell getting annoyingly unfair.

I personaly don't care too much about lootboxes, but they sure add allot of 'm. And sadly still not being sold as how they should be sold. (as in showing the % of every possible drop). Which offcourse they won't.
    Got more problems with dust being sold to be honest. Ever since those things are being sold, the gem drop is allot worse.

Discord is a joke. I got banned last year for asking why they didnt announce they changed the droprate of items in the lucky bags. Which they 1000% did. Everyone who bought these bags in the first 1-2 weeks were dropping allot of 3 day premiums, which was a nice consolation prize. Then outof nowhere these 3day premiums rarely dropped anymore. Didn't even got a warning, soon I showed statistic of my own bag-openings...Daniel instantly perm banned me. Offcourse they didn't want everyone to see the truth, so he silenced me. (typical china tactic i guess)

Other than this I allready stated in other post that everything they gave us lately is full of bugs, no information being given and not being fixed decently. I still don't know what we need lava/sulfur leafs for? No info what the new jewel stats were (event almost over and still nothing about it).

-But funny enough; every lootbox they have added to the game never had a single problem.

Shows their priorities :)

4. RacoonBoyTrashPanda

RacoonBoyTrashPanda Forum Apprentice

Last year on King Bug i got punished for 3 bags exploited, later support refunded me some of the lost stuff, but not all of it... somehow they take away your stuff, but when it comes down to bringing it back, they come up with: Sorry, we cant determine what was lost, here is some stuff.

previous years: On the logout pinata exploit, i was banned for 2-3 weeks + all gems on all chars completely deleted because: I clicked the gem pinata about 10-ish times (in which amout you cant get any subtantial resource gain), but see this, on my secondary char on my account, i clicked the gnob pinata about 100-150 times :D and because of that i got all chars zeroed out on gems, jewels, etc.

sadly back then, my play crew consisted of 2 other players and they abandoned me when they heard i have no gems on my chars and i became "weak"

5. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Forum Duke

HAS THERE BE ANY UPDATE????? @Shine2 or anyone with info???

Last edited: Aug 5, 2023
  6. Pappy

Pappy Forum Apprentice

AAAH, u can buy dust!!! That's how they lvl gems up! I't s gonna take me 3-4 years of farming to do it by just dropping.

7. StayinFrosty

StayinFrosty Junior Expert

Still in progress, apparently

-JustForFun- and FAALHAAS like this.
  8. Shine2

Shine2 Board Administrator Team Drakensang Online

We will let you know when we get official info. Please be patient.

9. jelbeat

jelbeat Regular

Abusers are everywhere in every game, is there an opening people will use this.
    This happens every day in real life to!

cesar.espin.esparza likes this.
  10. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Forum Duke

I don't give a rats ass about it! I want something to be done about it real fast. Why should I wait so long for people to be punished when these exploiters get more rewards than an honest supporting player like me.

If im not happy with what they going to do this time, im quiting for good. I´m really sick and tired of how this team treats the players that make this game possible.

jelbeat likes this.
  11. salotr

salotr Active Author

Mainly because it is a free game.

It's a "category" of players who like to win easy, they want everything immediately and without putting effort into it.

Perhaps the thinking of the devs when they reading these reports is as follows:
    [​IMG]

12. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Forum Duke

And why is it possible to be free?

13. -dravin-

-dravin- Junior Expert

Players that abuse bugs don't have any effect on my player..been playing DSO since BETA..the devs already removed the jewel stacks from all players..yeah a few players made off with some dust..not that big of a deal and not really game breaking..and DSO seems to not mind to much..just move on and enjoy the game..seems to me if it's so devastating then play something else..banning players isn't going to make and difference..

judoka021 and Gryngol like this.
  14. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Forum Duke

Your mentality and the people who agree with you is what makes this game complete shit nowadays.
    Seems we live in a world where we rewards cheaters and thiefs....and you fools agree with it.

I couldve made millions of dust aswell, but I´m not an cheater-exploiter/thief, yet it feels like the honest people are being punished and not the people who deserve it.

So for me there´s no other option than to uninstall and see if i get good news. If not, you can all go fk yourselves

15. Marsicanus

Marsicanus Forum Veteran

Maybe abuser don't have any effect on your player
    BUT
    many other users will have to play vs them during the pve leaderboards, various lotteries like stellar gold for an handful of rewards and why not also in pvp
    Do you consider this fair game?

Are you sure about that?
    Because it seems to me that the game is like this by now precisely because of this situation that has been going on for years now.

moreover, I believe that if earnings are lowered, BP will be forced to insert additional paid items where honest players who still want to spend a little bit will do so while bugusers will find a way to get things unconventionally.
    But if players lost trust in the developers they would no longer use their real money and we will all pay the consequences.

salotr likes this.
  16. doidera50000

doidera50000 Forum Greenhorn

In addition, there were several players who kept the jewels in the trinkets and ended up not losing the jewels they took with the bug.

17. EmilyRose

EmilyRose Forum Duke

The misappropriation of resources in game probably doesn't change your character's makeup, but it does affect the ethos of fair play for all honest players' comunity ;)

Elendel80 likes this.
  18. T3SS

T3SS Forum Apprentice

You guys will eat me alive, but as a player ignoring PvP I don’t care about people using the bug at all. More people to carry me? Good.
    And for all of those maxed already, I’m sure most of you would use bug anyways… And if not, you have no reason to complain since you decided to not get advantage when you had the oppprtunity.

Have a nice day ;)

19. salotr

salotr Active Author

The reaction to this plague is as follows, and its meaning is: well, we can continue, nothing will happen.

[​IMG]

20. EmilyRose

EmilyRose Forum Duke

I think you have not understood the meaning of my words, I will try to explain it to you in another way:
    If I find money on the street I give it back to the owner and if I don't know who it belongs to I give it to charity ...
    But it's my personal choice that I don't want to impose on anyone, I'm not complaining about those who make different choices ;)

salotr likes this.