Not identified items and their level after identifying.

Discussion in 'Questions about Getting Started in the Game' started by luukm, Feb 14, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. luukm

luukm Forum Apprentice

Hey guys,

I just started playing again after like a 5 year break.
    what a big changes!

After getting my first Set Item drop, I kinda wonder if waiting with identifying my new item, effects the level it will have and with that the base stats?

My example, I got the Yachak's Way boots (set item) I picked them up in a level 37 area, at the moment of picking up i was level 39.

will the item after Identifying be level 37, 39 or my current level that I am Identifying the item at?

The big question is, would it be worth it to wait with Identifying my item, for example until i am level 100.

hopefully somebody knows the answer and can help my out. Thanks on forhand!

For now i didnt Identified it yet :D

2. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

Individual item loot gear level is determined at the time it's dropped, based on the level of the monster killed. Waiting to identify the item will not make a difference. Test this for yourself by going into a lower level map now and identifying some random drops (if you're not getting any drops, try killing Heredur at Normal difficulty). The items won't be at your level.

There are some deviations to this rule, but only in the form of premium/deluxe cubes and reward boxes (daily login boxes; daily challenge reward boxes; event progress reward boxes). You can hang onto those until you're level 100 if you have the patience and the storage slots.

luukm likes this.
  3. luukm

luukm Forum Apprentice

Thanks a lot dkarl, pretty helpfull.

I will check out the drops at Heredur and experience it myself.

And the holding on to boxes thing is a good tip :)

4. jeffzrx

jeffzrx Padavan

but by the time u reach 100 u wont want lvl 100 items

5. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

The main merit of hanging onto the boxes is that the junk items will have more value in terms of gold or glyphs when you (that is anyone) open them at level 100. You will also possibly find enchantments from the level 100 junk that are better than the stats on your existing equipment, thereby worth transferring to you gear to give you a little boost.

On the con side, from daily login boxes, you're depriving yourself of Altered Crescerite you need to upgrade pets; from cubes, you're potentially postponing gathering costumes, emotes, mounts, even pets to fill up your Collector's Bag (and get some very useful bonuses, especially with the pets); also from cubes, you occasionally get a medium-sized gem that would possibly make an immediate impact on upgrading the gems you're actually using; etc.

I didn't say it was a great idea, just something to consider, especially if your plan is to fast level to 100 within a few weeks to a month or two ... if that's the case, the growth in value of the contents of the boxes could outweigh the short-term inconvenience of waiting to open them.