Old time Servers

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by lukaszme, Dec 12, 2023.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. lukaszme

lukaszme Forum Apprentice

Guys, when you gonna create old time servers with max 45lvl or 50lvl?
    If this servers will be started, a lot of players will go back to game, and im talking something about 60-70% of old community.
    Pls think about it guys, this will make game come back to life.

2. KATT

KATT Forum Apprentice

3. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

Never. There is no sustainable economic reason to invest money and time for such a purpose. Perhaps it would have some success, but it is very unlikely that people would spend money on such servers, because retro-games are usually offered as a bonus to an up-to-date activity that brings revenue to the company, and not as a separate product that should finance itself. Few people would be willing to spend to go back in time.

4. lukaszme

On 1 side yes but on other side as you can see DSO its dead, and if they dont do some interesing stuff to grind and make people play together, they can do DSO solo gamming bcs right now you can solo every boss, after 2-3 months of playing, and next it makes you boring to farm better items stones or anything bcs you are already soo strong, that you dont need group or anything you can just solo/farm everything. Before Dark Legacy if you wanted to farm better items on inf 5/6/7 solo you needed to almost max out your char and after dark legacy you just need to drop some items after idk 100runs for bosses and you can solo farm inf/mercy, and after 2-3 months of playing you can do solo everything. Thats why a lot of people want to go bact to lvl 45, bcs in past no matter how much you where playing or how long it was always better to play with groups.

Flama likes this.
  5. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

it's true, it's been dead for years now. However, in recent times the production has decided to give away all the rune dust that people would ever need (Maze of Blaze) and millions of gem dust (Anniversary event), with the clear intent of leveling the player base upwards. In this way they have practically eliminated the last sources of income from the game, and the only reason I see for this is the introduction of something new, and quite substantial, soon. With the idea to rewamp the game then its incomes.

A possible return of a pre-Dark Legacy version could make part of the community happy but would not restart the revenues, because it would be a product substantially different in terms of timing and dynamics, good only for the nostalgic but not for those looking for some modernity on which throw their money. The "old one" would not bring greater interest towards the current/future version of the game, it would not increase its user base, and consequently not even the revenues.

CaballoLoco likes this.
  6. SimbaTheBully

SimbaTheBully Someday Author

not to be controversial but only I always remember people complaining about the game, the unbalanced pvp, the lag, the poor drops etc... already at level 40, then 45, then 50, then 55 and even now?

Javah and -Faeriequeen22- like this.
  7. lukaszme

ok but if they cant do old timers severs, they still can do dark legacy more intresting.
    They add mythical items in to the game ass old dragan set, if they do the same with all old items that are ussles right now like dark set, agathon etc. and mythical on q like old ring of life, old ring of dead like mythic items, and make all bosses immunite to armor and mr pen, they will give us new content to farm, and it will make players to look for group to fight bosses for super powerfull items (mythical items) and what going with it they will be a lot more builds, tanks will come back again in game, and we will get something from old times + this will be still dark legacy but better, bcs we will get a lot of new content to farm with good prize for it. Another this they will revive old broken items as mythical items in the new version of the game. I see this this right now best option for everyone. Win-Win situation, for everybody, we get new content, they got new players, some of old players back and better income

8. -Faeriequeen22-

-Faeriequeen22- Forum Mogul

For real.
    Just remembering the PAIN of trying to get Khaly uniques, why would anyone want that again :eek:
    Or the 1k gold cloak. Now that was a pathetic drop, not even anni weapon is that hard to get :rolleyes:

Serpeno00 and CaballoLoco like this.
  9. Serpeno00

Serpeno00 Forum Apprentice

The old server allowing only lvl 45 would be a bull's eye. About 10 years have passed, and there are still many opinions that the game was more interesting back then. The drop was smaller, but landing e.g. a Predator was a feat. And playing PVP was the icing on the cake. There is no need to expand the game a lot. The game can be simple. Lvl 45 was the GOLDEN ERA of Drakensang and this is what the game creators should focus on. Let it be lvl 100, but being able to play on a server with lvl 45 mechanics would be great.

Flama likes this.
  10. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

Exactly. In every "era" there have been those who have harshly criticized the imbalance of classes, the lack of drops, the cost of the most coveted items in the shop, and so on. Not rarely with an almost unjustifiable vehemence since it was/is just a game quite silly too (perhaps because such a people had thrown a quantity of money into it which they later regretted, who knows, once they understood that it is only a matter of time for deflation to take its course and everyone gets to have everything).

Today, the level 45 era would only be good for nostalgic people, I've already written it and I'm convinced of it. I am not among them.

I know many players still struggling to drop the Sargon amulet, and better don't mention the Anniversary weapon. Under that point of view, such distant times could not be more similar to each other.

I personally disagree. I am always looking for progress, novelty and a breath of innovation. And this is the main reason for my disappointment and disaffection from this game in the latest months/years.

SimbaTheBully likes this.
  11. dam18

dam18 Junior Expert

The serever exists and is called Harold.

Javah likes this.
  12. -Faeriequeen22-

-Faeriequeen22- Forum Mogul

Yes, the sargon amulet is difficult to drop - but the destructor one is not that bad, one can build a decent character with it and then, when there's nothing else to play, farm the sargon.
    IDK, I dropped the anni weapon the first year.. sure, after days of farm and 400k andermants - still doesn't compare to farming khalys for hours every single day (do you remember how we also couldn't sell, so we had to go to the city, sell, and walk all the way back through 3 maps :oops:) and never dropping it at all (until it became easy to get, of course).

Anyways, I think people just have a tendency to romanticize the past, the facts are, more people played back then and it was more fun.. but reversing the game to that state wouldn't recreate that atmosphere.

Flama likes this.
  13. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Forum Commissioner

Trying to drop sargon amulet feels like shaking an apple tree and hoping for a banana to fall out of it....

14. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

It might be that @dam18 pointed you in somewhere:

I totally removed this new "old" server from my mind. Then I have rechecked the relative threads on the forum, and I have found no confirmation that it'd be currently capped at 55, with the game version frozen at 7 years ago.

Then for sake of curiosity I have logged into Harold and I searched for some random characters, seeing that level 100 is arrived there as well (chars like Abby and JacekDynamit are 100 indeed)

Sorry then, no good news about your request, not even there.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
  15. Flama

Flama Forum Greenhorn

It`s my dream for 40 lvl capped servers...

16. dam18

dam18 Junior Expert

They have then deleted the message on the forum and set it up to level 100. Drakensang Online – Exclusive new event on the brand-new Harold server! – Steam-nyheder (steampowered.com)

17. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

No idea on how it was in origin, but it actually mentions a brand new event available for players up to level 55, that is well different from saying that the server is/was ever capped at lev 55 or lower, and the game release is/was the one of many years ago (that is what most players here are asking for). Pity we didn't snoop on it when the server was put online, but it's too late now anyway.