On Co-playing and MultiAccounting

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by AniMagus93, Oct 24, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AniMagus93

AniMagus93 Forum Apprentice

I don't think that Sitting/Piloting could really affect gaming for the users/game community or BP in an adverse way when there are so many restrictions employed. as for Gapping I don't think they are only used for the purpose of creating twinks alone (they are also done to avoid competition/pvp against high level players who have substantially larger amount time/money invested on their IGCs, to complete pvp quests that are otherwise comparatively 'near-impossible/much more difficult' to complete at higher levels than on lower levels and to strengthen the character gradually from lower levels by maximizing gem and gop accumulation (easier at lower levels via events normal farming etc..)rather than by normal farming without a gap which can potentially weaken the IGC) , on the contrary the features I suggested will serve to make them as independent players free of dependency on stronger players (which is what twinking is about afaik) if implemented.

thanks anyways.

girliex likes this.
  2. EvelynJ

EvelynJ Forum Apprentice

I'm glad they are finally doing something about low level PvP. PvP at low levels seems like awesome fun as you don't have many skills or much equipment and thus should rely purely on their skill and NOT their heavily paid / farmed account using XP block. I now play on Dragon Rise on SEA and I must say PvP there at low levels is so fun. The fights are 'balanced' so the only determining factor is the individual players skill. The only thing I can see is that it will take many years for the existing low level PvPers to level up to 50, so during that time it kind of sucks for new players.

I have a question. When I play with my brother at home we are on different computers but the same I.P. is that also not permitted? I get confused reading all the updated changes and everything seems so general. I look forward to your response :)

3. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

There is a famous couple on Grimmag (DK and Archer), who have met ingame, started dating even though they are from different countries, and few days ago got engaged. They live together now, and I hope all of their friends will soon celebrate their marriage. And sure they play from the same IP. It is such a lovely story, that if for whatever crazy reason that I cannot imagine BP bans them for playing from the same IP, it would be such a shame, that all the gaming forums will talk about that for months. But since I know BP has a little bit of common sense, that is not going to happen. So you should be safe with your brother too :) like lots of other folks who live and play together.

Also, unlike in US, where we use common law which only cares about actual wording in the final contract, european law (civil law) cares about the intention. Whatever is written in the contract, agreement or rules is a subject to a common sense. In other words, if it is written, that you cannot use VPN when playing, in US it would be considered 'no matter what you cannot use a VPN'. In Europe, however, it would be a conversation whether you have used it in some intentional and specific way to earn personal benefit, cheat the rules etc.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    ViktorG75 and AniDrakenSniper93 like this.
  4. AniMagus93

why are so many of you against exp blocking?, you people are clearly not thinking straight, apart from few exceptional cases of 'heavy payers troubling lowbies' being a downside, there are a lot of other positives that for some reason you guys are not able to understand/comprehend, such as "one could use it, to avoid competition/pvp against high level players who have substantially larger amount time/money invested on their IGCs, to complete pvp quests that are otherwise comparatively 'near-impossible/much more difficult' to complete at higher levels than on lower levels and to strengthen the character gradually from lower levels by maximizing gem and gop accumulation (easier at lower levels via events normal farming etc..)rather than by normal farming without a gap which can potentially weaken the IGC" , and if implemented as a feature in game it will serve to make the lowbies as independent players free of dependency on stronger higher-level players (which is what twinking is about afaik). you would deny all these benefits just because some rich bloke gives you a hard time in certain dual matches?, wth lol...

5. Then, with all due respect, you have not given the topic enough thought.

6. mjmuju

mjmuju Junior Expert

Can you elaborate this? Maybe my english comprehensive is too bad to understand that. But in the mean time, afaik, that is exactly what I hate about xp block/twinks. So let me give you some personal reasons why does twinks/xp block gets frowned upon.

First, I think your sentence above just sugar coating twinks' definition. Do you know what twinks' purposes? From my own experience, their goal is to get those any achievement or reward from PvP quests, using "easy way": holding their level while they keep farming for glyphs and gems, strengthening their toon at static level so they can beat other player with same level (which is not 'twinking') easily. Is that fair? You decide.

Next, let me ask you a question: Why does PvP quests, I quote, 'near-impossible/much more difficult' to complete at higher levels than on lower levels ? Maybe because just as you said above, some players has substantially larger amount time/money invested on their IGCs.
    What do you expect? Do you really want to beat those 'veterans' as soon as you reached the same level as them? Of course you can't. They spent their time to farm, and some other spent their money to make their toon stronger. Is that fair? Yes. They get what they deserve, either by effort (farm) or, say, wealth (spent their own money).If you want to beat or at least compete with those veteran, you have to have the same effort as they are. And be honest, do you think those people who maximized gem and gop at low/mid level (or let's just say twinking) do not have to spend their time and money again when they reach lv 50? No. They still have a lot to do to reach those veterans "level". There are many 'ex-twinks' who still became nothing in term of PvP when they reach lv 50 regardless how many effort or money they spent when they were twinking.

And guess what, twink isn't helping, they just made this problem much complicated. How? By making the 'low or mid level' PvP as hard as the high level PvP. And they do spend big amount of money or time. Why don't they use their money/time when they reached level cap? If there is no twink at all, ALL PLAYERS who compete at low/mid level PvP could compete fairly. But because of twinks, it's easier to compete at low/mid level only to them (twinks), where there are some players who don't block their exp and much easier to kill them in arena. While the 'victims' confused and has no idea why could some players one hit them at, say, level 15. And then they just leave the game. Again, is that fair? You decide.

And in my own experience, in my server (Tegan), almost everyday those twinks just flaming at each other (ironically, the others are twinks too) just because some petty results in arena. It really make window chat unbearable to watch. People actually fighting with their silly words, blame each other, who are the strongest, who are the weakest, all because of those twinks. Too bad I didn't capture those moments, so it's up to you to believe this or not. This server has the lowest amount of player to begin with, there's no need more problems to decreased that number again. Enough is enough.

Weaken the IGC? How? By leveled up? You get more privileges by leveling up. You get more quests, more rewards, more high enchantments on gears, etc. If you worrying about leveled up, just reach end level game already, for god's sake. That's why I said it's easier to improve your toon at the end of the game. If you don't want to level up, there are two options: be a twink at get frowned upon (but hey you get those cool title/mount to bragging about, right?) or play another game without leveling/experience system (which I doubt if there's any). Even Tetris has level system smh.

Benefits for who? Of course for those twinks. Not all of DSO players. Why would I deny something that I don't get?

Right back at you, mate. Do you want to be a twink and get those so said benefits just because some rich bloke gives you a hard time in certain dual matches?, wth lol... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What I'm saying is, I don't care if some people wanna get some reputation by becoming twinks. What I care about is when those twinks trying to justify that what they're doing is 'fine' and worse, try to blame the others because they get "discriminated", which I really hate. Xp blocking isn't a feature, and never will be accepted as a legit feature in any games. Again, it's just my personal reasons. No offense at all, but unfortunately I had to be honest with my words. Do what you want, as long it's not against the 'law'. But in the end, you get what you deserved.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  7. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Understaning is a two way street. You seem to ask for undestanding, denying every argument yourself.

The only exclusive goal of twinking is pvp. If anyone does that for any other reason, he is silly. Staying low drastically limits the enjoynment of the game, all aspects of it that only start at lvl50.

Twinking involves not doing events, not doing PW etc. I have been there 4 years ago and I hated all the twinks as my first char. I have started second char, becoming a twink myself, and everyone hated me as I was smashing 99% of the players with exception of one tank (heimdals), 1 archer (agros or argos), and one mage who was on par with me. However, I hated not doing any map of my level so much that I eventually leveled up through pvp and events. I have never used xp block. Every Dragan was +5 levels. And I only discovered all the beauty once reached lvl50. Actually, the only reason I stayed low was getting the lvl40 of pvp tree, as I was freaked out when reached maximum level with my first char without immunity (lvl35 of pvp) in 2013. At that time, players of lvl39 were never paired with lvl40, which was max. At lvl40, pvp was impossible if you had not unlocked at least lvl35 in pvp. Guess what, since r155 it doesnt matter at all.

And now, when I look back, I remember frustration of every player who meets those twinks and start hating the game.

On the other side, becoming lvl50 doesnt mean you would be paired with field marshals with royal gems all the time. You would fight normal chars like yourself, who leveled up at a normal pace.

So for now, we have some kind of synergy, at least. Wanna stay low, okay, but that comes with a price. Asking for ho block non stop, not doing maps and events you want to do. Your choice.

8. girliex

girliex Forum Apprentice

Guys.. we have different approach to reach the mountain…either in a short or long way. Players have different view in this game. If some new player asking for ideas/opinion in this game most of the suggestion are the veterans who tell go fast in lvl 50 and the result “Fresh meat” Thread lol.
    Payers are always OP most of the cases. The only methods for f2p is xp blocking by means of farming and long hours of time spending just to compete payers player. Were happy in pvp than pve. Xp blocking are sort of cheating and paying also is cheating. If were same line f2p or p2p then we will not need this xp blocking and just compete our skills. You saw in youtube lots of videos there showing their strength like god in arena and mocking other player, (face palm) do this if you know that your opponent are in same type of you.
    Back to the topic. Xp blocking are commonly used for f2p veterans to enjoy the arena specially in low lvl. My POV here they work & spend more time for farming to make their character strong unlike bot players leach without or less effort just to get something in short way.

AniMagus93 likes this.
  9. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

So you dont want become fresh meat, but want to make others fresh meat, who have no idea they 'should stay low' according to your 'the only f2p good strategy'.

Guess what twink becomes at lvl50? Bingo - fresh meat again. But you are free in your wish to be a twink. Just dont ask for appreciation here.

And lots of twinks do bot too. They can only play low maps, and guess what, they get bored.

10. edrogers57

edrogers57 Forum Greenhorn

All I want to know really : is if I play with my family members from the same IP address will we be banned ?
    And if we are banned will we be compensated for any Premium Accounts or Andermant purchases ?
    If there is no compensation because you are banning players that play from same IP address please when you do your new T&C's for us to agree too add where we can contact your lawyers :)
    As I have already contacted mine too see what legal action we can take for compensation

ViktorG75 and AniMagus93 like this.
  11. AniMagus93

long story short , twinking (this can be interpreted as either as 'the usage of exp-block or seeking help of a higher level player' ; although in DSO both these actions are one and the same due to how the game is set up currently/mechanic), my suggestion was to introduce a feature that would separate this single process into two separate actions which would eliminate the need for the latter action (which is 'seeking help from higher level players for an exp block/assist'). I suggested this feature mainly to aid the so called 'twink' community/player base from my server (Tegan), who are struggling right now to find exp blockers and as a consequence are extremely dis-satisfied with the game experience , apart from this I have never engaged in this myself (have a lvl 50 toon).

I am not denying any argument , you are the one who seems to have a fixed idea about what twinking is and involves, there seems to be a lack of clarity among the player community involved in this discussion on the terminology used due to a lack of information/understanding of the concept perhaps?. "Twinking involves not doing events" o_O in which realm?, I don't know what kind of idea/method of usage you have about 'twinking/exp blocking' but my suggestion will grant the user the ability to especially complete events at a faster and much easier pace (since its being done on a lower level). did you even read the features I suggested??..wow...

that's not entirely what I said, you missed the lines "when there are so many restriction employed", please do look into the restrictions I suggested and tell me how they could be exploited?, I think I've given it fair enough of thought, (if there are ways to exploit then one could always add more restrictions to address that) rather than concluding that it is an unsafe option due to certain "very very good reasons" only seems very very vague to me :/, and very very evasive too xD...(no offense)

very simple it is putting the same time/effort that you put on a higher level toon on an exp-blocked lowbie-toon to gain increased returns (due to the fact that maps are easier/faster to farm at lower levels while drop quality remaining the same(pws)), FYI this is the only game mechanic (apart from co-playing/sitter/pilot feature) that F2Ps Player community base can exploit (without breaking the rules and affecting the gaming community adversely if done based on the method I suggested) to put up a fight against the P2P player community, you are under the mis-interpretaton/mis-conception that the fight is between twinks and upcoming newbie f2p's (who might get deterred from playing the game due to the competition the twinks put up) and it is also what BP wants you to believe to continue to force us to pay and keep things unchanged, but NO, the real fight is between the F2P and P2P player community of the game the F2P community is desperately trying to find a way to make a stand against the P2P community (Who get what they want Ir-respective of which level they are) and as far as I can see exp-blocking via methods I suggested previously seems to be the only way along with co-playing/sitting/piloting . I simply don't understand how you people fail to see this.

Yea, keep hating the F2P community's only hope and favoring the wealthy, buddy, there's actually a word for that it's called "Sycophancy".

I'd like to conclude by saying that you guys need to stop emphasizing/nit-picking on lame/trivial issues not even worth discussing and somehow (logically/ill-logically without proof) link them to twinking and claim that you've made an argument against them, as you are only exhibiting remarkable indiscretion/ludicrousness by doing so.

Regards.

12. BigHink

BigHink Forum Inhabitant

the easiest way to solve any questions regarding twinking is to have everyone gain XP at all times

_Baragain_, Reinier and sebastian_fl like this.
  13. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Ah really?

Didnt you say 'you people are clearly not thinking straight'?

Didnt you say 'you guys are not able to understand / comprehend'?

So you claim we have issues with thinking straight. Are we disabled? Also we cant understand. Are we dumb?

If someone has an opposite opinion to you, does it mean he cannot understand? It is just his opinion which is based on his experience (which we have much more than you, perhaps) and it is as important as your own.

So if you are posting here, accept the fact there would be people who disagree, and we will keep disagreeing here so the BP understands this is not the majority, who wants twinking.

Beldak and MikeyMetro like this.
  14. AniMagus93

easiest way ain't always the most just way nor does everyone have the purchasing power/ability to compete on equal grounds... so...

why don't you actually make arguments, by addressing against mine, instead of using adjectives huh?, if you can't then stop ranting please, this is a place for discussion, not ranting. point is not that I don't respect/accept your opinion, but rather that yours don't qualify as an acceptable argument. I read all your statements about so-called dis-advs of having exp-blocking in game, and none of them are noteworthy or valid/strong arguments, that's all.

maybe we should have this discussion elsewhere, how about a live chat?.

Peace.

15. AniMagus93

why don't you actually make arguments, by addressing against mine, instead of using adjectives huh?, if you can't then stop ranting please, this is a place for discussion, not ranting. point is not that I don't respect/accept your opinion, but rather that yours don't qualify as an acceptable argument. I read all your statements about so-called dis-advs of having exp-blocking in game, and none of them are noteworthy or valid/strong arguments, that's all.

maybe we should have this discussion elsewhere, how about a live chat?.

Peace.

16. -Skyfire-

-Skyfire- Someday Author

No need to get emotional when you are not even a twink yourself.

Bottom line is this: twinking harms others while benefiting themselves. Are you really surprised non-twinks don't like it?

1) Low level players that are not twinks (which is the majority) get destroyed in pvp and consequently get frustrated. Many quit because of it.
    2) Stymieing the influx of new players harms the game as a whole.
    3) Even to people that do not care about the actual effect on the game, twinks beating up on noobs feels similar to bullying (and many are obnoxious about it, dancing around and such) so people are naturally against the concept.

If you truly believe that only a few rich blokes give lowbies trouble, then no offense but you have no idea what you are talking about. I suggest you create a new character and try pvp against an innocent f2p twink and see how many matches you win.

Explain how this is a misconception. When we are discussing twinks, it is only natural to compare them against non-twinks.

This is not true. I am a f2p player who has only played 3 months. Never have I thought I was vastly disadvantaged against p2p players. In fact, the biggest reason I keep playing the game despite its many bugs and dreadful events is because it seems to give f2p players a very good chance of competing against paying players. When I play 5 v 5, I mostly finish second or third in my team, first when lucky, and almost never 4th or 5th, all this with lvl 27 wisdom and lvl 33 honor. So no, twinking is definitely not the only way f2p players can enjoy the game.

_Baragain_, Beldak and sebastian_fl like this.
  17. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Your arguments are strong only in your imagination. Twinks are disaster for those who start the game and develop normally. This is clearly not the way the game designed the characters to develop. They use special tricks to avoid the orginal game design, to shape it to their own benefit. And of course they only care of themselves and do not see any harm whatsoever to other players. Dont be surprised those who do play according to the intention of the game designers stand up here.

And quite frankly, you can keep enjoying the conversation with yourself and your uber strong arguments. There is no way what you want is going to happen.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  18. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

[​IMG]
    Well...
    [​IMG]

cdeepal likes this.
  19. AniMagus93

Thank you for the concern, but rest assured I'm far from being emotionally involved/subjective, I'm just analyzing the situation and suggesting solutions as best I can.

I think 'Harm' is too strong a word or possibly even an in-accurate word to use in this context, cause the process which results in a player leaving the game due to a mere pvp loss against a strong opponent (twink/non-twink/p2p) can be due to several factors, maybe he/she lacks the motivation to pursue to better his/her own character using the same tactics (twinking/exp block/whatever) as used by the IGC against which he/she lost the pvp match?, on what basis are you concluding that low-level player solely quit the game due to matches lost against twinks? (did you do a survey among the player who quit and ask them the reason for their quitting?), going by your logic then such a player who doesn't even have the motivation/enthusiasm to pick oneself back up after such a trivial pvp defeat would be unable to accomplish anything whatsoever in real life or IC(In Character), you seem to be painting a picture here where the lowbie character's sole goal is to win a pvp fight against a stronger opponent (twink or non-twink) and all he/she does is face fights against stronger opponents (where did the rest of the opponents go?), this could be also a result of general lack of players signing up to the game and as a result of which the lowbie f2p gets only fights against a stronger opponent and in return the stronger player gets labelled as twink or whatever. twinks beating up noobs, again this could be due to several factor, first of the person who is posing a twink could be a bully by nature/nurture and hence as a consequence could be bullying other weaker opponents, again there is no basis to this statement, do you observe the so-called twinks doing this on a regular basis and do a statistical calculation or something?, lol the same thing happens between any stronger opponent who is bored and is looking to have some fun via open pvp by killing lowbies/weaker opponents at higher levels as well, what has twinking got anything to do with this process?... you are making endless co-relations , and I must say 'a mere co-relation does not imply causation'. maybe you guys have had some 'personal and negatively harming emotional interactions/experiences' with people posing as twinks and hence as a result are projecting this trivial issue over the entire f2p twink/exp-gap using community.

I never said a FEW rich blokes are the ONLY ones that cause trouble, pls don't distort my arguments. I was replying to the comments that was made by @EvelynJ on how $$-loaded exp gap toons affected his/her gaming experience. what I actually know for a fact (not just believe) is that the difference in 'gem quality, gop amount and gear quality' between the f2p and p2p community in the game is ridiculously high and to make things worse their effect on their cumulative stats is also getting ridiculously high so much so much they 'the p2p toons' literally walk the park in every match against an/every f2p char (this is from personal experience at higher level pvp). I have been talking about this issue for several months/half a year now after r155. but BP hasn't done anything about it/to address it yet.

I already did, pls read my previous reply carefully. quoting "there is simply no other alternatives for the f2p lowbie to be on competitive levels with a heavy-p2p char other than co-playing/exp-block farming'". if you have a better one please do tell me about it :)..(the only other option is to farm for an eternity which is extremely 'tiresome/boring/affects the players Real life adversely' and is what is causing people to quit the game I'd say, (and this I can prove with evidence, unlike the claims that you guys are making against twinks)

Hmm now we really have something to discuss, you see this how a discussion is meant to be, presenting statements based on in-game experiences backed up by logical reasoning/evidence, unlike what this @sebastian_fl person is doing (try to learn something from this paragraph bro, on how to make arguments), maybe it's because you are exceptionally skilled in pvp or playing in a server and a level at which there is no significant presence of p2p players/p2p-twinks or the p2p players whom you compete maybe light-p2ps with not much $$-investment. can't really say much with just that 3 para of data, you need a large sample size to make conclusory statements.

lol nobody is talking about merely 'enjoying' the game here (and I'm not even going to talk about what enjoyment is for different people and obviously it varies from person to person) what I want personally is to be on a competitive level with p2p players that's all. and I also mentioned about 'co-playing/sitting feature' that I suggested which you people are completely (possibly even conveniently) ignoring for some reason...

can you prove atleast a single one of your statements that you've made?. If you can can then please present evidence, or else stop making noises.

20. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Dude, you are nothing to tell me to stop. And you have no clue if i have strong or a weak char, how old it is, and how many matches ar various levels Ive neen through. Start with your evidence. But I will stop here, you dont deserve any of my time. Your claims are not supported by any evidence to start with, it is you who wants to change the game design, not me. Thus it is you who needs to prove why something is wrong. Ill give you one. If the game was designed to stay low, there would be
    1. An option to disable xp in thr settings, or something
    2. Twinks wouldnt workaround it
    3. You will not be here with your religion.

Apparently, Im right and not you. The intention of the game is to develop at some 'normal' pace, whatever it is.

Anyway, like I said I will stop here. I have posted my feedback, so those who care will see it. If you cant accept it and the very fact there is another opinion, and keep arguing trying to convince me you are right - go enjoy yourself. Too much high for absurd ideas, not going to bump it further. Piece. And enjoy your final remark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.