Bug Pls help

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by MonsieurMadWaste, Apr 10, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MonsieurMadWaste

MonsieurMadWaste Forum Greenhorn

OK, the game has been working fine for me until one moment (i did not change anything) i started expirienceing a lot of lag. I move fine and everything and than i just start moonwalking and my spels work but make no dmg o_O if you have some advice pls help me :)

2. spiro_spula

spiro_spula Forum Connoisseur

If you share your internet connection, other users might have used up your upload bandwidth, or other programs on your computer did it, or it could have been something else.

3. MonsieurMadWaste

MonsieurMadWaste Forum Greenhorn

But its really frustrating on my last computer i could play it smooth but every 1h my computer just turnes off, and on my new computer it has an enormous amount of lag but doesnt turn off. I dont really think that the internet is the problem :/ or the computers :/

4. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

If your not using the thin client download it and give it a try. Virus Scanners are the largest problems with games. Try disabling it and give it a go. Lat but not least speedtest.com will help you test your connection speed.

5. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Virus scanners are a necessary evil. The game design should compensate for that, going in.
    Anyone who disables virus protection will also allow trolling bots into their computers. Want a hack? Go naked.
    Considering how well Bigpoint and DSO design games, service customers, and protect information, how much would you trust them with your sensitive information?

6. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Try hard reset the network gear.
    Check your PC and background running processes.

Why would anyone want to "hack" you? :D
    If someone is about to do that ... there is no protection that can stop it from happening.

7. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Why? Easy access to Credit card information and easy money, identity theft, for the fun of it, because they can.
    It doesn't make any difference if you don't have anything worth stealing besides your good name.

Computer programs look for easy marks, just like their programmers intended.
    Virus protection is the first step against hacks, cracks, malware, trojans, redirects, keycounters, hijacks, and a multitude of other things. After it bites you, it can grab all your contacts as well, and spread the grief to everyone you gathered data on. If you don't give a care about yourself, maybe you'll care about someone else.

8. MegaNuker

Never said disable for ever... and there is more than one virus scanner available; if disabling it works replace it.

Since I do nothing else but play the game on that pc, I am not in despite need of a virus scanner. However there is on running some of the times (mostly to lazy to disable it til reboot.)

9. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

And you didn't say, " reconnect it soon" either. Taken by itself, it's lousy advice to a mass of multitask computer users. Isn't "do no harm" in the terms and conditions?

10. Pose11

Pose11 Forum Greenhorn

For some time there has been lag on the Heredur server, but ever since the last event started, the lag has become terrible. It is almost impossible yo move your character.
    Do not tell about me to check my PC or internet, because they are fine and work perfectly with other online games.
    Some time ago the game worked fine even on my older PC, but now I will consider stop playing, because the fun has gone.
    It should be easy for DSO to find out about server connection and stability and I do not understand, why nothing is been done. Maybe because it cost money. The worst suggestion I have read is to disable your virus/internet protection!

11. MegaNuker

To disable forever would have to worded as uninstall. To say uninstall is harmful. Even computer programs are pretty good about unintelligent users thing to disable virus scanners.

12. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I use a custom firmware on my wireless router that lets me view real time information about the traffic on my network. 99/100, When I have lag, it is on my end. Someone is uploading a picture, watching Netflix, a phone is doing a background sync... something like that. I then either disconnect that device or throttle it's connection (upload or download) and the problem goes away. In those rare 1/100 times, it is usually easy to tell because everyone I'm grouped with has the same lag. The last time this happened was immediately after the Dragan's Challenge came out and my group entered the hard map. Tons of other teams probably entered the map at the same time (literally 1-3 min after the notification dropped), and we were all having lag until BP's servers caught up (about 5-10 min).

P.S. For those who are interested, here is what normal network traffic looks like when playing this game. The red box highlights log in and a short bit of time standing in KH. That other spikes right before that was me reading the forums with that long break the time it took me to type my reply above.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  13. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Routers and modems don't get much talk from moderators or support.
    How about a comprehensive troubleshooting list of what can go wrong? Hardware, software, device, location, symptoms, cure, . . ., the works.
    It sure would make solutions and responsibility a lot clearer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.