Poll: PvE vs PvP

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by piteris2, May 20, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Which do you prefer? Which would you rather spend money on if you could?

1. PvE

55.3%
  2. PvP

26.3%
  3. I like both equally as much

18.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

2. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

two questions with one answer opportunity is not a good poll.

3. ViktorG75

ViktorG75 Active Author

This poll is valid only together with polls on Facebook, Instagram and twiter.

4. FredyX666

FredyX666 Advanced

i know this game since the easter event you were doing in public areas by collecting eggs, colors, killings gnobs and possibility to build yourself a rabbit costume. how long ago is that, 6 or more years?

through this time I was playing with breaks all the classes and leveled them to max level. right now I am playing only dwarf, because when i returned to the game (40 something days ago) i found it most perspective and decided to dedicate my time with this game to this class. when the level cap was 45 i was playing a lot of arena with my ranger, flags and duels mostly just because it was fun, obviously i was a little upset when i lost and satisfied when i won. with mage the arena experience was never something entertaining for me, i just found it boring. warrior was very funny around +-30lvl duels and groups (1h and shield obviously), never after that. now with dwarf i play arena mostly when there is clover in daily. sometimes (maybe like once a week) i go flags one game. no more. just one. i play with q7 set. so what i do: hit a rocket and try kill whoever is in reach. if i remember correctly ma balance is 3wins 2 losses, but i dont really care whether we win the match or lose.

my goal in this game is to do the hardest difficulty parallels with no problem, finish all do-able achievements and have all the costumes-mounts and so on i find nice, good looking or entertaining. pvp is not attractive for me anymore. since i am a guild master, i want to be as powerful as possible and i want the members of my guild to enjoy the game the most, thats why i farm everything and everywhere i want at the specific moment. i am trying to play smart and in advance (like right now doing leaderboards on q1 and q7 mainly, since there will be an increase of fire resistance on grimmag and herold).

i am not going to trash talk other classes or pvp players or bad wheater conditions (i usually dont do it, so why should i now?). english is not my native language and i am using it only briefly nowadays, so i hope you´ll undertand my writing. i only wanted to express my feeling about this pvp situation i have been reading here lately, slovakian forum is not really worth reading, i highly doubt there ever was someone debating differents builds - here you can find schemes constructed by players (which is great, many thanks from me and many other players surely aswell).

i wish you a pleasent experience playing the game whether it is pvp or pve. good luck and enjoy the game

absking, grimmag

piteris2 likes this.
  5. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

They are in essence different ways of asking the same thing: “PvE or PvP?”

Also, I’m pretty sure that when I made this thread it only gave me the option to create one poll and I’m not sure if that is how it should be.

6. kraken

kraken Forum Apprentice

Hey there,

Well, so far it seems that PVP gods do not favor this poll. I would have made it in a way that "do you play pve for pve purpose only or do you play pve just to get better in pvp". Either way, it doesn't seem logic to me to invest in a game just for pve part. The reason for my saying is that I have played couple of games more, aside from DSO and yes, there are games where lack of investment is simply stopping you to advance the next levels for a very very long time. It is not the case with DSO. I see people focusing on pve aspect with having in mind the goal to get all costumes/mounts. Most of them are not achievable through pve unless: buying them directly and then you endless farm for ander. And i think most of the people like 1-2 costumes and 1-2 mounts. So having all of them, doesn't grant you any sort of accomplishment. That's my point of view of course. The other goal which I see is to be able to farm inf3 solo. I have already explained in some previous points where I was with my toon before lvl 55. And now, these inf3 solo's are achievable. But what for? Almost everyone can do that. And it seems that after we get to max wisdom lvl, it will be even easier than before. So the days when mortis required really good group and some investment (buffs from 40 ander box) are forever gone. Meaning, only pvp remains as a challenge. I've seen a post saying something like there is no difference in killing brainless Ai and playing vs same pvp opponents all the time. Where there is a big difference. AI has same predictable movements/ spell sequences all the time while humans don't. So you can not compare those two never.

Have a nice day!

piteris2 likes this.
  7. bassevents94

bassevents94 Someday Author

My question on this poll is about spending money.

Why? Drakensag gives at the moment enough opportunities do not spending money on the game.

it is almost Farm2Win not Pay2Win.

You have just more good experience to have middle stones and runes with great goldlines than no goldlines and the biggest stones and runes.

i put for 1 thing money in the game and that is premium, That is for both sides; pve like pvp; good
    This poll isn't relavanted on the moment.

8. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

First, let me preface this by saying I could spend lots of money. It's just that DSO dropped out of the spend-worthy category for me some time ago.

Second, I think that your poll is slightly flawed. I would spend money on pve since that is where that rewards come from that would eventually make me better at pvp. That is just an analogy folks. Nothing will make me better at pvp since I stopped caring about it completely last summer. Clovers kept me motivated for a while. Between playing on a dead server where I can't get matches and the epic imbalance problems I just quit pvp altogether.

Your poll question should be something like this:

If you could spend money on this game would you do it to:
    • get better at pve
    • get better at pvp
    • get better at both
    Luck be with ye,
    Mikey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.