[poll] Suggestion for improving the identification system

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Coograth, Jul 11, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

What is your opinion?

1. I like this idea.

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. I don’t like this idea.

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. I think this will work.

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  4. This will never work.

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  5. I think this idea will be approved by the developers.

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. This will never be approved.

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  7. If approved, I would like this to be implemented as soon as possible.

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coograth

Coograth Someday Author

Here's one : just reduce the price of item identification.

I even came up with an algorithm to implement this suggestion :

step 1 : select the minimum and maximum amount of CoTs to use for lvl 1 and 45 green gear.
    I selected 1 CoT (min_value) for lvl 1 (min_lvl) green items and 4 CoTs (max_value) for lvl 45 (max_lvl) green items.

step 2 : choose how this value will increase with gear rarity.
    I chose to multiply by 4 each time the gear rarity increases.

step 3 : select a mathematic progression to fill in the missing values.
    I chose : value = sqrt ( parameter_a * lvl + parameter_b )

Then after simple math I got :
    parameter_a = ( max_value ^ 2 - min_value ^ 2 ) / ( max_lvl - min_lvl )
    parameter_b = min_value ^ 2 - parameter_a

This gave me the CoT values that would be used to identify items accordingly to they rarity shown in the following table :

lvl11020304045
    green123344
    blue4811131516
    purple163244536064
    orange64129175211242256
    yellow2565167008459681024
    Please leave comments below and suggestions for other possible min/max values.

Cheers,
    Coograth

2. Zokin

Zokin Forum Expert

My votes:
    1.This will never work
    2.This will never be approved
    3.Do I live in a dream..?
    Wait the last one isn't in the poll? :confused:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
    VoulaAek1 likes this.
  3. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

Maybe reducing the prices in CoTs could actually be good for business; more items may get identified in the game. But I think the amounts you list are a little aggressive, and I doubt DSO would approve those.

I would suggest a simple 20% discount, "across the board", on the CoTs currently required to ID items in the game. So for a lvl 45 legendary item, 1228 CoTs (instead of 1535 CoTs) would be needed. For a lvl 40 unique, 1584 CoTs (instead of 1980 CoTs). Those numbers are from memory, so forgive me if there are any mistakes, but you get the idea.

silverseas likes this.
  4. Zokin

Zokin Forum Expert

You are thinking something like a daily discount(similar to the one we have for reduced prices every day), right? If yes, then +10 for that.

5. Coograth

Coograth Someday Author

That could work, a daily discount :)

My reason for choosing this values is because any 45 player can farm up to 10 legendary items in one day, but he will not be able to identify any of them...
    Now you can't farm 1500 CoTs in one day. But if the cost of identification would be the one I suggested you would be able to identify up to 3 of those 10 legendary items.

I hope now is more clear why I suggested those values.
    Coograth

6. Zokin

Zokin Forum Expert

Yes you can, i'm farming 1.5k cot in 5-6h of playing with easy. But if you are looking for that one particular stat then that's still a lot cot's for id-ing(after seven months i'm still searching for that perfect amulet, still no luck).

7. TheInfamous

TheInfamous Board Analyst

I like it. No, I love it. Seems unreal, though, and I, like the others, doubt it will happen. IF it does, the price of CoTs should go up since 1k CoTs for 4k andermant may become worth it... and we couldn't have that, could we?

8. Multi-Sev

I see your reasoning, and it makes some sense. I guess they don't want us ID'ing everything we can farm unless we buy CoTs with Andermant (real money). Actually, I don't guess that, I know that :)

But there is probably a compromise. Some sort of an in-between where the players would be able to ID items more often and the company wouldn't lose (and might gain some) profit. A lot of us veterans, I think, have become satisfied with most of our equipment and rarely identify an item unless we farm up enough CoTs to do so. I know I haven't bought CoTs in a very, very long time. If ID'ing items became less expensive, that could change.

9. -Faeriequeen22-

-Faeriequeen22- Forum Mogul

There is one thing here I can't understand. Why are you chewing up the old system trying to make it better? Why not think out of the box? Lets think of something new and awesome? :cool:
    Maybe they should give us quests and as a reward we'd get some thingy that IDs items. We already have maps; sealed ones! Scaled to lvl and for every color of item there should be a different kind of quest, something easy and fun. For legends and uniques little bit harder of course. Maybe 2 (3?) hours of playing to finish quest for legendary; so every few hours we could ID new thing.
    Or something else. But not cots, something fresh! :rolleyes:

Coograth likes this.
  10. Coograth

Coograth Someday Author

That's too much for the majority of the players... Not everybody spends that much time online.

That would be even better :)
    One quest to farm 2-3 hours and get a consumable to id one legendary.
    Although 2-3 hours is a bit long for players that work and don't spend that much time in the game. For me personnaly 1.5-2 hours would work for one legendary :D
    Maybe give such an item with the daily quest too :)

-Faeriequeen22- likes this.
  11. Multi-Sev

Haha, yes, innovation is good. Buuuuut... to answer your question (simply from my point of view)... the short answer is, I think that if we work within the existing system (programming) there are less chances of the (less-than-stellar) programmers creating numerous more bugs. Bugs are my pet peeves, and I contemplate leaving the game almost every time a new batch of horrendous bugs gets released (happening in almost every new release, unfortunately). Therefore, I try to limit my ideas to what I think the programmers can actually do without instigating bug-aggedon ;)

However, this is the Creative Corner, so everyone should feel free to go wild with their suggestions. I guess I'm a bit more pragmatic/realistic, but that doesn't mean everyone needs to be that way.

Cheers :D

Coograth likes this.
  12. -Faeriequeen22-

-Faeriequeen22- Forum Mogul

Coograth , sweety, personally, I'd like to work for 1 legend .. around 5mins. Since it's gonna end up being melted anyways.. but lets not get too optimistic here. Especially after reading Multi-Sev s' pessimistic (even though he calls it realistic) post.. :D I'm not concerned about bugs that much, we have some nice team out there, poor guys do push ups so we could get some silly 5x emotes, if that's not adorable I don't know what is! :D
    Okay, I should probably shut up now (cocktails I drank are taking my mind), but seriously, I do believe they would consider our fresh ideas for ID system if they were good (doable) ones. :)

Coograth likes this.
  13. Multi-Sev

That depends on your point of view. An incurable optimist's view of realism may certainly look like pessimism, viewed from that "height" :p Someone who isn't concerned with bugs in the game would not understand the ongoing frustration of a player who has always been very bothered by them.

Adorable, perhaps, but those "stunts" didn't fix any bugs in the game :D

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  14. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

cot system is ruin the game fun....at least they should do it free for money premium payers or at least 1 free legendary item per day

15. Multi-Sev

I don't use premium, but I could agree with one free legendary ID per day for people who do use it. One free per day doesn't sound unfair.

16. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I don't use premium and I don't agree for free Legendary ID.

17. Multi-Sev

Yeah, I agree, they get enough benefits for $12.95 (my country) per month. I don't think they really need it, but since 95/100 legendaries are junk anyway... Hehe, it wouldn't really bother me too much. If they got one for free a day, I guess I wouldn't quit the game. I might even get premium for one month, and ID 30 legendaries for free :D

However, I think this is a pipe dream really. They aren't going to give premium members one free legendary ID per month, because premium members would not need to buy CoTs anymore - and premium members (people who already spend money every month, repeatedly) are probably some of their best CoT buyers.

-HARRA81- likes this.
  18. bezryl

bezryl Active Author

an idea wich would probally not happen. add a npc that can id items for a price of gold? or even sell some for gold wich would give it some more use, or even how about transforming items and turning them into cot's maybe 5-10% of the cots it would cost to id is gained from transforming. a gold fee to do so could be added

19. -HARRA81-

-HARRA81- Forum Mogul

There you go bro :D I fixed it for you :) I do not think that there is price drop anytime soon for COT's.

Multi-Sev likes this.
  20. Coograth

Coograth Someday Author

eeehh... just daydreaming here, guys :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.