Preventing Bots

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by NightWalker, Dec 16, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NightWalker

NightWalker Board Analyst

Well I think the current way of trying to prevent botters is not really working and in fact making the game worse by decreasing drop rates. Just an idea but couldn't BP just buy a bot account and study how bots work in order to lock down anyone botting? I think they even have free trial so you guys just need to download it yourself and decipher how bots work. Wouldn't that be a good idea? :) get the bots yourself to find a way to ban them.

2. TheInfamous

TheInfamous Board Analyst

They already know how bots work. The problem is with preventing bot use. Bots have a number of mechanisms to prevent detection and if DSO finds a way to lock them, the bots will just be reworked and will function again. Plus, its much easier to program a bot than it is a game.. so bot makers have that advantage.

3. Deefje

Deefje Advanced

I think I've been fighting a bot in pvp even. Was this terribly overgeared ranger I kept being que-ed against. Would kill me in two shots... I just made sure I had one ranged attack against him, then waited on the edge of the screen for exhaustion to kick in, could win that way. :s He didn't even move

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.