Producer Dialogue |#Botbanning

Discussion in 'Headquarters Archive' started by RickTalrok, Apr 10, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scurby

scurby Forum Apprentice

I know because before it was banned accounts for a week and then given back and you now have a bann indefinitely

Yogo likes this.
  2. -helium3-

-helium3- Forum Inhabitant

and you knew this risk (defenitive ban) before using bot, so it's more stupid to have take this risk

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  3. angelou75

angelou75 Someday Author

good evening
    personally I'd like that you understand that when you want to play with SOMEBODY else playing Drakensang
    not think you ask him if he bot before using his computer!
    So banish def for two or three computer connection with that person it's really very hard as punishment.
    especially as I have been very honest Forever, and I've never done is no problem on game
    c is why I claim my innocense since the beginning
    a ban for the odd sargon or a small bank I said no, just ask for the person if they bubbled.
    but I deserve not a definitive ban
    it would be nice of you to tell me if you expect to make?
    because I personally wishes to my poacher.
    Forever and play in the rules.

4. angelou75

angelou75 Someday Author

do you meet one day?
    and review your punishment for those who like me, then the ban is that it's honest?

5. -Kibela-

-Kibela- Forum Apprentice

here we should talk with Rick Talrok.. instead we talk to our selfs.. why dont you give no anwers??.. the one you gave me is the same as suport gave me.. not the anwer to my question

6. multitoonz

multitoonz Forum Great Master

Page 39 and counting......:confused:......will it never end?

silverseas and -helium3- like this.
  7. Slitrobo

Slitrobo Forum Connoisseur

I know, it's impressive.

I still don't know anyone who was banned.

8. soxx101

soxx101 Forum Connoisseur

Still they cry lol
    Instead of crying here, go and play but this time without cheating :D

Always A Pleasure
    Soxx...

9. Warmaster666

Warmaster666 Forum Apprentice

Rick ran off. Can someone fetch him. Didn't he said he'll answer our questions?

Kind of hard to filter legitimate questions, though. Too many upset botters :D

10. robbenhood09

robbenhood09 Padavan

I have only one question for Rick Talrok...now that bots said bb and the game becomes fair and more interesting,will we be able to farm at low level areas once again???i think its the most appropriate thing to do,since you reduced drop because of bots.please,answer to that!everyone keeps avoiding that question whenever I ask....

Vendetta and _G_R_A_M_P_S_ like this.
  11. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Doubt it, read the "Official" reason that drops were nerfed... it isn't "Officially" because of bots.
    http://en.bigpoint.com/drasaonline/board/threads/so-is-this-game-still-bad.19113/page-2#post-298164

12. robbenhood09

robbenhood09 Padavan

I appreciate the time you spent to answer me:) it seems that I should give up on hoping for better farming:( anyway,since we are 'forced' to farm they way we did till now,np i'll give my best;) but if so,they better raise the drop or something!make things a little more fun and rewarding;)

13. ickozz

ickozz Forum Greenhorn

Hello Mr.Talrok
    i think it too rashly to BAN forever everyone who use bot.Have user who only try it for max 20min.If it possible will be better to BAN no forever.Example -1day for 1 min use BOT .Then users like me who use BOT only to see what is it (for max 20 min) can be BAN 20day and understand their wrong and dont use BOT more ,BUT users who use bot 24/7 will be BAN 4 years for 24hour and if u think they play many, they will have BIG BAN (many many years).Yes you are rigth its deception to use BOT , but its one to steal 1 Ice Cream from shop and its other to rob a BANK.

14. tothmartin

tothmartin Someday Author

I am pretty sure that Ricky made this decision on 100% business reason.

Nobody cares and cared about you guys who was beaten in the arena and got a laughing emote or insult. Check the arena on low level. You will see there are players that you can not even hurt and you lose all these games against these players even if you have the best skills in the arena.

And LOL now they say botters gained advantages against the loyal players and get permanent ban,but they let these low level overpowered players to play with 100x more advantages on uneven PvPs like bot users had.

Rick please be careful about your future decisions and the explanations that you give to your customers.

From business point of view it was a brilliant decision that 3-5 K will re-start this game from 0 and they will spend much money again so BP has extra profit.

But you were explaining a different thing that bot users gained lots of advanages.
    If you really wanted to punish those users but not like 2000 additional players who did NOT deserve a permanent ban; I would have done the following:

Step 0: Start the bot monitoring software and start data collection which player use the bot and how long.

Step 1: Run the monitoring for like a 4 months period.

Step 2: Set up warnings regularly on forums and with logon messages that players who use bot and unauthorized programs will be banned forever.

Step 3: Take decision about the limit of bot usage. The players who gained a lot from the bot programs and therefore they did not spend money can be banned forever. The ones who tried the bot but did not gain much advantages or the ones who used autoloot? software could get a temporary ban with a warning: if you do this agaim, you will get a permanent ban.

I wonder why nobody at BP suggested a similar "human" and truthful decision.

I can think about future consequences:

1. Now weak players laugh out loud the banned users. Lots of them will be back and will use automatically emotes on you after you lost. So you will feel yourselves worse. They will confront you and take their revenge so you may play only PvE to avoid further embarrasment.

2. lots if decent players giving up and will stop playing even if they started a new character

3. the ones who start a new characters will do serious imvestments at the beginning and reach lvl 40 pvp talent on low level. New players who try this game will be PvP defeated almost always and they may leave this game too early.

4. Drop rate remains the same even if nobody uses any bot program anymore

etc, etc. You can follow this list if you like :)

FYI I am still in game and my acc is not banned. And I never ever used a bot or autoloot or any unauthorized program.

BENZIMA likes this.
  15. jozo91

jozo91 Active Author

4. Drop rate remains the same even if nobody uses any bot program anymore. what then they will remove drop?

16. angelou75

angelou75 Someday Author

hello
    I think that it would review the temp ban sanction def.
    Personal I have been touched by this penalty when I am honest since my debut is in the game!
    and ban me for playing with another player 2 or 3 times without knowing that he had something like bot or autoloot.
    I find it really expensive to pay.

17. mije_drobnjak

mije_drobnjak Forum Apprentice

Players who use auto-loot don't deserving to be banned for all. Because i must kill all monsters, i must play on my character to get something.Auto-loot don't increased my drop, don't making my gems, or anything else. Because all of that i think that rick make mistake for all players who using auto-loot. I deserve to be banned, but not forever. But if he decide to ban all player, i agree with that without explanation, but i think that's not fair.Rick can investigate that who use only auto-loot, who use bot for farming. And how long somebody use bot.Rick please answer me.

Yogo likes this.
  18. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Blame the bot developer. They are the ones that used the same code for both the bot and the auto loot tool. If I were a betting man who knew anything about detecting, the bot and auto loot probably look identical to BigPoint's detection software, but it isn't their fault. Everyone keeps trying to blame BigPont for this... How about blaming the real "villains" of this whole drama, The Bot Developers.

-HARRA81- and Yogo like this.
  19. Feyangol

Feyangol Forum Duke

Nice work guys :) .
    Today I looked in the dsobot forum and I read some interesting things ...

1. Yeah, really much bots are banned! They left the BP Server and went to asian servers ;) .
    2. 20+ Mods (or SMods/BoardAdmins) of this forum used a bot and are banned like all normal players. :)
    3. Some players still haven't a ban ... Most of them (I do not know wether all of this "survived" bot users or not) play without client, but with browser.

I hope you will find them all :) .

Good luck ;) .

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    geo and Yogo like this.
  20. thewiz6666

thewiz6666 Forum Apprentice

I wish I knew more about this bot thing for autofarming however long ago it went into use. I couldn't care less about PvP or arena since it's for aggro queers, but if these bots got you cots or something while logged off that would've been awesome. Did I miss out on something that would've made the gameplay more fun and fair for my questing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.