Public Service Anouncement about Dragan Event

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by _Baragain_, Jun 18, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

There are many good things and many crappy things about the most recent iteration of the Dragan event, but I wanted to share this little bit of advice for some of you who may not have considered it.

If you are in the middle range of strength; that is to say not top end, multiple T4 transfer crafted uniques but not low end, barely able to solo in painful without kicking the bucket multiple times, then you are probably working on crafting and looking for good ingredients. Of course, the best place to get ingredients is in LVL 4 maps where you get T3 and T4 drops. The problem is that it is expensive to farm there and the number of drops you get per run is not worth the resources spent.

Enter Castle Ravencaw LVL 4!
    Because the monsters there respawn and there is a merchant that you can sell the blues and greens that are not worth keeping, you can farm tons of T3 and T4 ingredients. Also, because of the higher andermant drops, it pays for itself. It costs 160 to buy the fragments to get in and when each ander drop is 37-38, you only need 5 ander drops and the run has paid for itself. A single run can easily last over two hours getting you over 100 gold and several hundred thousand glyphs. Sure, it isn't as fast as Q3M1 LVL 1, but you do get ingredients that are way better. For example, here are some of the ingredients I farmed today:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Among several others. These ingredients can then be crafted with other items that are easier to obtain and hope for the best.

An important thing to consider is that you ought to have premium just in case, otherwise, this could get expensive quick. Also, if you have trouble with the knights, just skip them. The regular mini bosses are much easier and still drop good items and progress.

So, instead of spending 80 frags for one run through a set of PW maps, spend 80 and load up your inventory with as many ingredients and exos as you can carry. Then, go buy another 80 frags and do it all over again.

Shine2, Fynkz, MikeyMetro and 4 others like this.
  2. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Thanks @_Baragain_ what a great tip. I have a lot of IF since I don't use them often. Other than Q6 M1/M2 (like the ring is ever gonna drop for me :p) or the rare group, I save them for something like this. Although the "this" does not usually click for me right away (it's a senior thing :D) Great PSA!

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

3. Boobles

Boobles Forum Greenhorn

wow good post...Now what about those who have not reached PW yet?

4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Level up really, really fast?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.