PvP balance? What a joke

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Hellamyjamgirl, Feb 11, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CountDuco

CountDuco Forum Greenhorn

The biggest problem is the mismatch of the PvP levels -- centurions va Recruits, etc. There's a great example in this thread and I have experienced it too many times. If you are trying to promote PvP, then the system needs to encourage players, not discourage players. There are times I would like to join a battle, but it takes a very long time to do so. Since there is little sensitivity to a balanced match, then it boils down to the lack of interest in PvPing.

2. BitMaster

BitMaster Someday Author

Do you guys know when or even if they are going to separate lvl 45 players from the rest? The only thing I do in this game is pvp, since they destroyed pve with all those R1... "game improvements" (in my opinion, for me it become boring doing pve). I just want to know will they ever fix pvp if not please tell me. Thanks for any kind of information. ;)

3. multitoonz

multitoonz Forum Great Master

They can't separate lvl 45 from the rest. Wouldn't be fair to 45's just starting out in PvP or lower ranked 45's vs the 45's who have fame tree 40 populating the servers.

4. Hellamyjamgirl

Hellamyjamgirl Junior Expert

I just want then to do something about the PvP balance, it's way too unfair teams, i had 2 knights on my team and I'm marshall myself. In the other team they were 2 field marshalls and a flag bearer.. Just a example of how EDIT the PvP "balance" is, it should be dealt with right away.

Last edited by moderator: Feb 22, 2014
  5. BitMaster

BitMaster Someday Author

I know that, but they should have known better not to lvl up to 45 b4 doing some pvp...

Hellamyjamgirl is totally right regarding the pvp balance. I know that this game is all about money but sometimes they are not fear to p2p players. For example it happens once in about 30-40 times that I get in a party where there are lvl 38-39 p2p players. They are strong, they have good gear, gems and have premium but they dont stand a chance with a lvl 43 AKOTO (me).

I know that I am f2p so I have almost no right to complain but like its shown in the picture below it is such an injustice to have to get in parties like this one. Why do I have to be the only player with lvl 43 in the match?! This happens all the time, in 3 out of 5 matches I am the only player that doesn have lvl 45.
    [​IMG]

6. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

No matter if F2P or P2P ... you have all the rights to complain ... but only if complaint is justified.
    Level up your character to 45 and you will solve your problem.

7. IWantedALongUsername

IWantedALongUsername Forum Apprentice

My 10,000th battle this morning... and only 171 victories... thanks guys for all your advice but this is so EDIT, it's beyond funny. I know, I've been complaining about it for 18 months at least and little to nothing has been done. Just the same grind day after day after day... I am not a bad player, can do Destructor solo, haev uniques and legendaries and gems up to the hilt but there is no way I can ever win a PvP match and no way I can imagine to make my stats better to stand up to a 12,000 one-shot. Fix PvP once and for all, Bigpoint!

8. BitMaster

BitMaster Someday Author

I totally get what you want to say, and you are right. But this was just an example. I have other low lvl character that i use from time to time to play pvp when it gets boring playing with lvl 43. It is so often that I play with 5 lvls higher player that has 2-4 higher pvp rank. Imagine a lvl 18 Seasoned Legionaire vs lvl 22-23 Ardent Centurion (or once it was lvl 23 KOTO xD ), there is no fun in playing that cos you die in 1 strike xD.

There are so many players like me that get in those matches and like you said trakilaki you can just level up. But if you do that you will get +5lvl players all the time for your current lvl (unless you are lvl 41+ xD) And we all know what happends if you become lvl 45 Recruit xD

9. -zake-

-zake- Junior Expert

PvP balance sucks. Today i played vs 38 lvl Centour and i am 45 lvl Young Knight. Bigpoint must fix it. It's really bad.........

10. Bearer-of-Death

Bearer-of-Death Exceptional Talent

Hi guys,

PvP will never be balanced for one simple reason...heavy P2P class.
    Complaining will get you nowhere!!! only action will!!!

Yes, everybody has the right to a opinion or complain...but this problem (PvP) isn't new, it has be here since the day i joined this game (almost 2 years ago).

DK lvl 45 Novice Centurion - Heredur
    SW lvl 24 Ardent Centurion - Grimmag (lvl 26 now)
    DK lvl 13 Legionnaire - Balor

I face the same frustration as most of you...so what to do!!!

I for once have stopped playing PvP, I will only return when my character is as strong as most player's (it might take a few years:D) and win a few fights.

...or you can create/suggest new mods for the arena (PvP) like this...
    - all gems/gear/ess/buffs will be deactivated.

Only when the numbers of fights go-down drastically for the heavy P2P and only then, will BP do something about it to please the P2P class.

If you keep'on fighting, nothing will ever change!!!
    If you stop fighting, there might come a day where PvP will be fair.

The best of luck to all of you in the pursuit of fairness for PvP.

Warlord likes this.
  11. jmie888

jmie888 Forum Apprentice

no hope in correcting this lol.. the developers received much complaints from years i think (not sure since im just playing this for 2 months now) and until now they didnt do any thing, its just like they dont see anything lol...

12. moby31

moby31 Regular

lol F2p have a right to complain and they should :rolleyes:
    guys ask yourself a question do u wanna wait 10 maybe 20 min to get matched with those at your pvp lvl ???
    or maybe play the pvp just like it is now so u can lvl up quicker gain new skills in pvp
    when u joining the battle not being in group u have to realize that the risk of facing stronger players is big
    rules are clear in pve 5 lvl gap between players ,u have choice u can lvl to 45
    if u don't want to it's your own problem .
    i'm sure it's a hard going battle when u are lover lvl but the same is for those guys at lvl 38/39 who have to face your char .
    match system isn't perfect but it was far worst .

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  13. Bebachana

Bebachana Forum Apprentice

Can you tell me what happens......I started PVPing at level 45 and I was a recruit !

All I can sense is that you are frustrated. Remember this.. you can't be a marshal over night. And the same Marshal were recruit just like you before they became marshal/KOTS.

IF you are talking about PVP below 25, I agree with you it's unbalanced. Its unbalanced not becuase of PVP ranking but becuase of upgrading ... player level 12 with armors and weapons upgraded to level 50.

you can't blame all KOTS for that. They fought many battles to get that ranking and so you can.
    And you are absolutely wrong not all Kots are as strong as you think... at low level I have seen Legionaire killing SKOTS very easily.

Gear up, upgrade you items and try to figure out which skills to use in PVP. You can not blame another player or system for your own weakness.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  14. trakilaki

My first arena battle was at level 40. But back then level 40 was a cap level.

15. -Faeriequeen22-

-Faeriequeen22- Forum Mogul

I remember when we talked about that and you said; back then I was full splintered xD hahah <3

Now back on topic; I get amazing teams in 5v5;
    http://prntscr.com/2ve9n7 - Where is their legionnaire? Where is my marshal? I want one too! :(

http://prntscr.com/2veahp - Erm, I wondered where is my 5th.. then the poor poor legionnaire showed up, I was thinking it would be better if he didn't. :rolleyes:

16. trakilaki

Yes, full splintered gems and full splintered to tiny bits at the arena by those ardent knights. :D
    Back then there was no +- 5 levels and essences were dealing same damage for monsters and players.

17. -Faeriequeen22-

-Faeriequeen22- Forum Mogul

And yet, people complain about arena now xD
    (Joking aside, cut those buffs, ess and potions off!! :p)

moby31 likes this.
  18. WarMonger

WarMonger Forum Greenhorn

Seems to me the best way to give balanced pvp matches is to score each player..
    Once you sign up for pvp you are locked into the gear you have on. this way you cant cheat the system. Then your stats are given a numerical equation. if you have 5k hp and 4k armor then the numbers would be 5000 and 4000. Do this for all relevant stats. Resist, Armor, Crit hit, Crit dmg, Spd, HP, Dmg, etc, etc. Then also assign a number to each skill and pvp lvl. Then match players according to their total score, plus or minus X %.

So regardless of your XP lvl or your PvP lvl, you will always be matched against someone close to your own score
    So if your score is 65000 you would be matched against others of 65000 (plus or minus 5%)
    in the range of 61750 - 68250 (5% being an example amount only) Anyone that falls in your "range" is fair game. Winning would come down to mostly skill and character stat setup.

The same system could be used for teams, with a bit of tweaking to compensate for the various pvp lvls among chosen and random teams.

This of course is just a simple, basic idea of how a system like this would work. There would have to be more to it in the programming. But it possibly could, if implemented and programmed right, bring much needed balance to one of the most unbalanced pvp system this player has ever seen.

19. IWantedALongUsername

IWantedALongUsername Forum Apprentice

Sounds like a good idea, but why not give points according to that score. If I go into the arena for say a duel, and face a char who scores double my stats, then why can't I get double points to compensate? That way the lower level chars can get HP quicker and the Marshalls and Flagwavers out there, who enjoy just one-shotting anyone that moves, can go home with no points.

So sick and tired of being hit for 7000+ dmg... MAKE IT FAIR.

anyway... have complained to tech support for so long and got nothing, I guess next is protest or class action... I'm P2P, have paid a lot into the development of this game and get NO response on this... maybe I need to claim my money back. Anyone want to join me? You know my email.

20. Torefas

Torefas Padavan

The main problem of this unbalanced thing is not about the rank itself. Maybe rank is one factor but not the main problem.

This game has no power limit. That's what makes pvp horrible for some player. You can spend money to make a godlike character instantly.

Example:
    http://prntscr.com/2vnq7r

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.