PvP balance? What a joke

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Hellamyjamgirl, Feb 11, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IWantedALongUsername

IWantedALongUsername Forum Apprentice

I don't want much... a victory every now and again would be nice, and maybe some honour points... a couple of hundred every now and then would give me some hope... but as it stands, I get shot to a pulp in every battle, and the only victories I have are the ones where I happen to have someone strong on my team.

There was this talk about ELO that was supposed to make it fairer, but char like me are just cannonfodder over and over and over again... I keep trying, and keep getting one shot. I upgrade with some gems, and I'm still getting one-shot. And since I hardly ever get a chance to shoot, I get no points.

And I haven't found a guild on Tegan to take me in. Nor am I any good for anyone to have on the team. And it just makes me sad. Every battle. Dead. No points. Maybe 10, 20 perhaps.

18 months of complaining - NO change.

2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

You don'y have to play in group to get HP.
    If you say you are P2P and you can't win battles ... then you are doing something wrong.
    Play 6v6 you don't have to kill players just shoot the turrets.

Bearer-of-Death and sper009 like this.
  3. IWantedALongUsername

There is no 6v6 in Tegan...

4. -hexhunter-

-hexhunter- Forum Greenhorn

Okay so to answer the actual question being asked, if you are level 38 or 39 and you are being destroyed by 40+ players why would you stay the same level? When the level cap was 40 and level 40 players could only ever fight other level 40 players than yes you could stay level 38 or 39, but now as you are finding out there is no real advantage and in fact it is a disadvantage to stay at your present level.

Now as for balancing, I am a level 25 SKOTO (And no I never had mentor) now the reason I kept my account low for so long was not to destroy much weaker players (it's an unfortunate consequence of being a low level PVP player) but rather to avoid competing against heavy P2P players in the higher level brackets. There are still a few in my tier but I try to take advantage of the times they are not online :D

I also own a level 41 RA (I know its not amazing) but I have seen KOTO and below ranked players taking down Flag Bearers and Marshals hitting what can only be considered as ridiculous amounts of damage simply due to them spending huge money. Unfortunately we can separate players by ranks and level and what ever else you decide but you can't really separate F2P and P2P PVP which means battles are almost always going to be unbalanced.

Sometimes the PVP balanced just doesn't quite get it right I have been in 3v3 matches where me and 2 other KOTO or higher have versed 3 Legionairs (very rare but does happen even when we were not grouped together or in same Guild)

And on a side note I battled a level 22 SW with 4k+ Health and an orb that most level 40's would be happy with. He may only of been a KOTO but that just shows how OP money can make an account!

To the new players just keep persisting everyone gets destroyed at first it takes time to build gear and ranks. And to the higher level players I feel your pain nothing like spending over a year on an account only to get destroyed by the next new big spender :mad:

Bearer-of-Death likes this.
  5. IWantedALongUsername

I'm hearing you guys... but 3 days in a row, not a single battle won... a grand total of about 1000 Honour Points... why don't they just fix it and make it more fair? ELO? never works for people like me. We've just fought 3 Capture the flag battles against the same three players... as in 3v5, and the 3 destroyed the five of us... where is the point? Why can't they just play amongst themselves..? I just want to level up, get some points... Why can't they fix it?

Last edited by moderator: Mar 2, 2014
  6. IWantedALongUsername

There.is.no.way. Ok, so I have tried, defending, tried duels, tried groups, tried buying gems, and more gems, and more gems, bought buffs, and more buffs, and still 5 days, not a single win. Can someone explain, why I am always on the losing team? Like, ALWAYS? I mean, there was to be ELO or some sort. Obviously not for people like me. For whatever reason, battle after battle, I lose. I try. I gear up. I buy gems. I buy essence, and buffs. And still, I walk out there, 6000 HP, 3000 Armour, 950 damage... and one-shot from a spellweaver, and I am burning and within 2 seconds dead. Time after time after time after time.

Why don't they fix it? Why can they not make PvP fair? Like seriously, I am so EDIT off right now. I just wasted another $100 on gems, because of the sale, and I am still being one shot. Just had a group match, 1v3 where my Legionairre went up against 3 Marshalls... WHY? How is that fair? Can someone please explain how this is fair?

Let me win. Just ONCE in while would be nice. Just once. No. Not going to happen. PvP on Tegan is dominated by about 20 players, and the rest of us can just go and get EDIT. Cannonfodder and nothing else.

Last edited by moderator: Mar 2, 2014
  7. atb333atb

atb333atb Forum Apprentice

It is allright if you go legionairre vs marshal. But the rewarded honor poinst if you damage him or if somehow you manage to kill ora even to win should be amazing big for balance... so insted of geting 350 honor you should get exponetialy more if you kill a big rank ar very few if you kill a recrut or lower rank.
    For example: I never as a novice centurion managed to kill anyting better than novice KTO. But if from some miracle a manege to kill a KTO i should get like 3500 hp, because be sure it will take more than 10 tries...
    What you think about this reward sistem?

8. yamahamm

yamahamm Advanced

I would partially agree with you. but what should I do if I am AKOTO and fight against centurions? then, according to your idea, I would get like 200 points if I kill 20 of them. but when I die from two hits of field-marshall, then yeah, I would be glad to get more crowns. by the way, here is that situation.
    [​IMG]

9. BitMaster

BitMaster Someday Author

I tought that things on heredur were crazy :D But I see now that tengan is so lol. I'v seen here a lot of things that suck for example in 5v5 there are actually 5 players vs 3 players, lvl 38 vs lvl 43, seasoned legionaire vs KOTO, seasoned legionaire vs Marshal, so many bugs and errors, a 'fear' kill and item drop system etc. I know that this is a big game and that it is difficult to make it perfect and fix all things that are not working as they should. Cos a perfect system doesnt exist ;)

But there were some things that worked perfectly but you destroyed them. I'm talking about chat for example, because for me, chat was the thing that made this game much more enjoyable. And the so called "Release R1..." where not for the most part (not talking about error and bug fixes) game improvements because they where only destroying f2ps gameplay and did not improve p2ps. Although there were some good things about them, but the main goal was to create a bigger gap between f2p and p2p by destroying the f2ps ability to improve themselves (with every R1.. the amount of time needed to farm in order to try to tag along with p2ps was exponentially increased).

But in the end I draw a conclusion about what DSO is thinking. They probably dont give a damn about f2ps, and cos p2p haven't complained till now they didnt do anything. They probably think like this: "If you don't like it you can just quit, and cos you are f2p we dont give a damn about you"(more or less :eek: :p). And I see now that they are totally right cos if you dont like it you can just quit so it is pointless in complaining...

I'v had a great time playing this game till now and I still thing that this is a GREAT game, but I'v lost the desire to play it. I just wanna thank DSO for giving me the opportunity to play it and I wish them all the best. And I want to thank all of you guys and girls for making my day more fun and I'v had a great time playing with you all on heredur for the past year. Thanks to all of you again and GOODBYE. May luck be with all of you. :) ;) :cool:

10. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

You are exactly correct. A part of the Elo system is "self correcting." This is sorely missing. In a true Elo system, points are both gained and lost, and you gain more/lose more if the difference in Elo Rank is greater.

11. IWantedALongUsername

Just that ELO does not work for me. Another night, another 20 battles, another 20 losses, some of them ridiculously unfair. So, ELO does not work. At least not for me. Another thing they should fix (apart from the million I know I've mentioned many times, and others have, too) is that buffs should not work against players that are much lower than you on the food chain. I mean, seriously... why do I need to go up with my legionairre, where I already have bugger all skills, against a banner waver with 55 extra damage and red essence? Why? Where is the point?
    But no matter what we write here, they don't care. Night after night, and nothing from the devs. All I want is to win one or two... get a few points, so I can maybe level up and get stronger... BUT NOTHING CHANGES. I've made a whooping 320 points tonight. In 20 battles.

12. IWantedALongUsername

... and case in point... the next two battles afterwards, a centurion and me against three overbuffed flag bearers and banner wavers... WHY???? Dammit. And WHY are you devs hiding? Why are there no answers? WHY WHY WHY??? THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING.

13. sper009

sper009 Padavan

I can't take you seriously, especially if you claim to have those kind of stats. Even a recruit would be able to win the majority of their matches outside of 5v5 on Tegan with them.

Sewyew likes this.
  14. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

That is my point, Elo works, but what ever DSO is calling Elo... well, to put it short, it is not Elo. Read this and tell me that it is what DSO does... it isn't. Conclusion, what ever DSO is doing, it is not a true Elo system.

15. ToshiBoy

ToshiBoy Someday Author

I agree with IWALU. This PvP system is EDIT. I can do Destructor solo, but I walk into the arena and all I ever come against are overbuffed superchars that can get me in one shot, or spellweavers with one fireball and the aftermath of it. And I have been complaining, too. And nothing is ever done about it. Just the way they do it. And new players have no chance in hell to get up on the fame tree against these players. None whatsoever. I need 13,000 honor points... have needed them for over a year now. It's ok, I don't do PvP much anymore. NO POINT. I tried tonight walked into a 5v5 and as soon as I come near to any of the other players I'm dead. 11 minutes, and 23 honor points. What a joke.

Last edited by moderator: Mar 7, 2014
  16. sper009

sper009 Padavan

You can get 13,000 points very easily. Do you not have friends to help you in PvP?

17. ToshiBoy

ToshiBoy Someday Author

No, I have friends here on Tegan, but no one who wants to do PvP...

18. sper009

sper009 Padavan

Whisper me ingame, I may be able to help (most of the time I'm at work though so pvp isn't possible).

19. Master0fpuppets

Master0fpuppets Forum Baron

I sead it a couple of times and no one listen, the system for PvP should be based on +/- 2 or 3 Fame levels Yes it will take longer to get a battle but we can all stop whriteing threads like this couse PvP would be perfectly balansed for everyone.

IWantedALongUsername likes this.
  20. sper009

sper009 Padavan

I think PvP in this game is a complicated matter and will likely never be as fair as people want it due to the fact that so many variables have strong influences on it. You can have a f2p Marshal with 400 base damage and a Marshal with 1200 base damage; skill won't have much bearing on the victor.

I am eagerly awaiting what the Devs have planned in regards to the balance this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.