Bug PvP Bug

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by lewcar, Apr 1, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lewcar

lewcar Padavan

Sometimes if you receive a killing blow or deal a killing blow, the player will not die (regardless of how high the damage is).

The person who attacked, gets the visual effect of +25% hp back (if appropriate fame talent is selected), but their health actually doesn't increase by +25%.

This is easily observable with SW Supernova talent on death. I've been hit 15-25k by some and don't die. I've also dealt obvious killing blows but the player doesn't die and vice versa.

2. Barbie

Barbie Forum Apprentice

:p I Think I Sow This Bug Before ..
    :eek: While I'm Dueling He Was Hitting Me And My Hp Doesn't Decrease !
    :D It Might Be Lag , But I See The Damage Values :rolleyes:

3. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

It could be lag.

Client thinks the player is at one position and displays your damage and health increases upon death.
    But, when it contacts the server, it says: No, the other player has already moved and so he is not dead.
    So, the client then report differently to you, but what is displayed to you already can't be taken back :)

4. Jettemee

Jettemee Junior Expert

I've seen this many times. If I'm the one dealing what seems to be the fatal blow, I do get my 25% HP back but they don't die.

5. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

This is something known as client side prediction. It predicted your damage and rewards but server does not award on predictions. It is what cdeepal said just letting know the term to improve learning :)

Jettemee wow you have that is amazing. EDIT3: Kill them 2x for 50%?

I was writing the reply when you posted lol.

6. Jettemee

Jettemee Junior Expert

No the final kill doesn't give HP, not that I remember. Just premature restoration I think.

7. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

Bummer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.