PVP is going GEARLESS!?@#

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by bruluci, May 3, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

Nah. Just devs have to wake up, and find a way to release new contents much faster than now.

Here the last "news" was Sands of Malice that recycled old textures (the simplest in the game) and several old maps. Nothing relevant followed it. Many others ARPG/MMORPG have huger maps and deeper variety especially in items choice than DSO.... So just add 1 gigabyte to this tiny game and it will become a masterpiece ;):D

Sure, a fast update and renew of contents would make pvp ignored by most - also considering how raw and rough it is, again in comparison to other games PvP oriented - cause PvE discoveries will absorb almost all the playing time to players.

if devs do not make the PvP remunerative, then it will always remain an end in itself.

2. Angellooo

Angellooo Forum Apprentice

PVP is sick...
    Player on 1h and full block are stronger than full dmg 2h player.
    PVP must be change. If you have block armor and hp you don't have dmgd if you have 2h you don't have block.
    Now is: 1h cube set 200k hp, 80% block and 15k dmg X5 crit dmg. 2h ayers don't have chance kill this and This kill 2h player on hit

daksan and allcoss like this.
  3. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

Out of boredom, I decided to have a tour through LorTac two nights ago, and it pains me to no end to see such huge piece of content turned into the worthless pile of manure it is now when compared to PWs, the drop rate of pink and legendary items, not to mention mystic cubes (under Deluxe), is laughable, given where the "end-game" content is hearding us all, the maps offer very little replay value, if any, aside from the flaw that it's absolutely ridiculous that you can farm the same amount of keys of prowess from tue tiny FBI and the humongous maps in other areas, they're already aware of the impact of said differences, which is why they messed with the LB requirements in the PW.

All in all, it's a lack of proper planning, if they put the drop rates of the scaling difficulties in line with the PW, and made, let's say, a regional LB (LorTac, Atlantis, Norselands, Myrdosh, Teganswall), aside from making the overworld and regional uniques worth using and not generic garbage, they could inject a lot of life to the rest of the game content, but as it is right now, if I go to the some of the scaling maps, I'm getting less gold, less glyphs, less cubes, no materi fragments, no leaderboard points, and no chances for any unique that shows a tiny bit of usefulness, also, bigger, more time consuming maps offer little to no difference in effective rewards. Another problem is that if by any chance given by goddess Ankheia, you find a desirable unique across the assortment in the overworld, the max tier is 3, hence it'll demand augment cores to be competitive, but in reality most of the unique values given to these items look generic, thoughtless and mostly useless.

So, again, given all the inherent flaws that DSO currently has in PvE and PvP, totally separating them ain't a good idea, you are already losing interest in the facet of the game that you like better, as someone said earlier in this thread, they'd be separating a mildly decent game into 2 bad ones.

trakilaki and Javah like this.
  4. Paavelsons

Paavelsons Regular

i can have with 1h 17k damage and 80% block too. im ranger. everyone can do it. just craft it.

5. semen470

semen470 Padavan

True and exactly that is the Problem...having exxagerated dmg in Arena in combination with the hyper high adjusted Set Bonus makes it simply a kindergarten pvp...it killed the game !
    Better say the the lack of creativity of the Dev Crew for PvP caused this problem and they trying now to install a "new" copy and paste pvp into DSO which will deffo be a crucial devastation !

Party time is anytime and anytime is party time ?

6. jeffzrx

jeffzrx Padavan

the squeaky wheel gets the grease....in this case probably relatively new players with very little time & NO money invested in this game who want instant gratification with no effort

so the devs ignore players who are happy with PVP & thus don't squeak but are the backbone of this game.....players that have spent many years grinding for gear & gems in PVE, grinding events for draken (& runes) to buy unique event gear, grinding every daily quest for refiners & clovers, spending a little money on ander every month not only for gem slots, pets & mounts but to keep this game FINANCIALLY VIABLE in order to continue playing for many years to come

there's no shame in being beaten by a stronger player in PVP...i get clobbered all the time LOL

maybe the devs should set up a separate pvp for the squeakers who dont want to get better at it so they can enjoy hitting each other with their handbags

but they shouldn't ruin the game for their loyal clientele who enjoy the difficulties of PVP & have put the effort into improving their toons to be competitive...after all, who is paying their wages!!!

7. greyspirit

greyspirit Forum Apprentice

there are many players that wait months if not longer just to get one 5v5 match. I'm talking end game players. If anything good comes out of all this I hope they will be able to participate again.

8. Paavelsons

Paavelsons Regular

problem is your thinking. game creators know exactly how to earn money from gem sales. buy full royals. rethink gear use off hand change for shield. what ever you can. even with shield you can beat them. just slower. and survive.

dont dictate how they should not make theyr money from players :D hint for you. you dont need to pay my dud .D

9. Amordihomi

Amordihomi Forum Apprentice

Hello people.
    I do not play anymore PvP - (just to get the clover in the 1x1 - and they kill me 16 times soon to keep up with the DSO life) - so I approve the changes announced. Maybe I'll come back and play PvP!
    Comments from players who are threatening to "give up" the game - (they do, they are a minority anyway!) - does not make any sense, after all, if they want to use their powerful equipment in the arenas, do so on the wild maps - who are constantly with this status in cities) - or enter the open arenas of cities and there they vanish in fights between equals.
    Just a suggestion for the dilemma - choose yourself PvP choice: 1. arena with equipment, or 2. arena without equipment.
    How simple.
    And life continues...
    (Note: the text uses Google Translator portugues x ingles - sorry for faults.)

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  10. heror

heror Forum Baron

such a reply shows you have low knowledge of the game.
    What if in the open maps a mob runs by and the tank gets a healing sphere ? do you know how much hp a tank will gain if he is with 150 k hp ? also regeneration of items works so we will have trank ( trank = tank + taran since i see them whining everything if it were in open maps, not like we dont see it already) get +500 each second on top of their healing spells + artaya rings + healing spheres from mobs ? uhhh GG then ?

11. Andreasgr

Andreasgr Forum Greenhorn

Good to be like that after all pvp is how well you can play with your class vs someone else not whos paying more to win

12. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

That is you. You are not playing PvP and in same time you are not playing PvE enough ... right?
    Exclude PvP and you get: no use of shields for any ranged class, no use of event runes especially those for blocking, no urge to farm runes and gems since you can play PvE without high tier runes/gems ...etc ... and most significant of all there is no importance of crafting good gear since it is not requirement to finish events or PvE contents. In other words ... you get the majority of the game content obsolete/useless without PvP.
    PvP is the main reason for crafting.
    Those who claim otherwise are not having any significant achievement made in the game both in PvE and PvP, they are not familier with the game enough, they are in a wrong place and playing a wrong game.
    Since you care only about PvE ... i have a challenge for you.
    Show off your PvE crafted gear and show us your PvE achievements that you have achieved with crafting gear.
    My crafted gear is already in this thread and here is what I can do with crafted PvP 1h weapon in PvE.
    [​IMG]
    Note: I was not even playing much

13. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

That is true for most people.

You are obviously a "gamer" and do not get why casual players enjoy the game differently than you. I fully expect that you put in more time devoted to DSO in a day (playing/testing/wiki), than I do in an average month. This is why you are so passionate about the things that happen. That's fine, you seem to enjoy your time and put great emphasis on how important that time is to you.

For those of us who aren't "gamers" these achievements are not important. Getting to the top (or near the top) in most LB maps isn't that hard and doesn't require a ton of time. Crafting the ultimate gems is certainly important to gamers, but to the casual player, not so much.

You bash the casual player pretty often because you have devoted a lot of your time to this game, and more often than not you believe that your way is the only way.

I remember very well when you dedicated a great deal of your time here on the forum complaining about the p2w aspect of this game. Now you mostly complain about the casual player.

I don't know, but why spend so much time worrying about how others enjoy the game?

sargon234, Hetsunien and Morinphen like this.
  14. kraken

kraken Forum Apprentice

Hey there,

Sorry, but no. I haven't ever heard of any naked pvp. All PVP games I have played are based on items which you get gradually throughout the game or the arena, so there are many many cases when a player is more advanced compared to the others going to points where you can even win 1v5. Next, you say "how well you can play with your class". If you expect equality here than all dso pvp should be dk vs dk, sw vs sw and so on. Otherwise, you do not have fully equality and play skills simply because classes are very different.

Ok, so now as a side thing. I see people imply, the ones that want fair pvp, mentioning that only paying is making you the best. When i started this game I agree that paying had been very important to decide who rules the arena. But now, it is not. While I agree runes are important, you do not directly buy them. You gamble for most of them, either gold or ander and a given investment is not guarantying you anything.The rest of them, hp/1h speed/resistance/block etc runes you get from farming on events mainly.
    Gems are very easy to farm these days and high tier gems are often simply given by BP during some events. You have to farm. Not to pay.

What makes the big difference in arena, between players of same class, is the build and the craft behind. You farm for this, you don't pay. You can't pay for it. So all of you who whine about payers, please calm down and go back to farm. But here is the thing, farming/crafting frustrates most of you.But guess what? It's the same for the rest of us too. And same here as it is with paying, farming and crafting more does not guaranty you anything. It's also a sort of gambling and luck. So why the whine then?

I see a lot of talks about the fact that player skill should be the only thing to drive PVP. Are you that skillful? Please go and prove yourself in games which are part of E-sports. DSO isn't part of this, will never be.

Please stop the bla bla about paying. You will see where the game goes if the paying stops. Soccer is also a game and yet if you can't afford a pair of boots you want everyone to play with slippers.

Have a nice day!

15. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

What do you call people who play computer/video games?...
    Oh wait, they are called GAMERS!

Strange how you yourself play computer games and yet you refuse to call yourself what you are. Yes, there is a difference between casual and hardcore gamers but you can’t change the definition to suit yourself.

Being a “casual” gamer does not mean you can’t be passionate about DSO, it only means that you are not willing to spend a lot of time/money dedicated to the game.
    I don’t even understand PvE lovers like you, what possible sense of achievement and fun do you derive from killing mindless mobs of AI-controlled monsters? If that is what you want, there are plently of games that offer a much better PvE experience apart from DSO. In fact, DSO probably has one of the worst PvE game modes in the history of MMORPG games. What makes DSO MUCH better than a lot of other such games? Yeah, you guessed it - the PvP.

Please let the people who actually care about PvP have a say in how it is run; you can continue doing what you love in the game and kill some more mindless mobs.

trakilaki, girliex and allcoss like this.
  16. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

You are labeling me wrong. I am not bashing on anyone but you are bashing me.
    Casual players? Take a look at the game ... does DSO looks like a game for casual players to you?
    Not hard? Not hard ... and it doesn't require tone of time???????
    Where dude? On server with 5 active players? I would ask you to join Heredur or Grimmag and play on well populated server ... and then you can fight for the top. Then we can share experiences. I already have them ... I play every day and i have won the 1st place once. I exactly know how hard and how much time it requires to get to the top.

Anyway I will skip the long answer to your previous posts because I have no time ATM (I will make longer post later) ... and I like to reply to those above who claim farmers are majority in the game.

Let me burst your bubble.

Grimmag server
    PvP
    ~1.5M players (toons) with honor Points.
    ~20000 players with over 1M Honor Points

PvE
    According to last LB season there are in average:
    2981 SWs
    3127 DKs
    2610 RAs
    2910 SMs
    11628 - Total number of PvE players

Lets assume those 20K players with over 1M Honor Points are not all active anymore and some of them are playing more than one toon.
    Let us cut the number in half so we can get 10K PvP players
    All of them are playing PvE LBs 100%
    So we are coming to 11628-10000=1628
    10K PvP players vs 1628 players playing only PvE
    Who is majority? And i was not even calculating players who are playing PvE with more than one toon/class.
    That is only Grimmag server ... the situation is the same with Heredur and the other servers.

17. Paavelsons

Paavelsons Regular

dont forget about maybe 5k players who even dont care about ranking at all that number include players lower than level 50 who cant accses yet on paralell world. to reach top1 its no point for me. too much players pushing up. if to reach top 1 on ranking pw then i must play everyday 10 hours tops until ranks closed. but aint nobody got time for that

pop

18. Shiro

Shiro Padavan

Either there are more "only PvE" players or "I play PvE just to have strong Items/gems/runes for PvP" players, doesn't change that fact that any of them are right.
    I mean, if 80% of Earth population say "I prefere A", doesn't make "A" the best letter of the alphabet.

I'm not Rhysingstar, so I can't speak for him, but what if he meant "golden rank" saying "getting to the top (or near the top)"? :eek:

What possible sense of achievement and fun do you derive from killing other players in a game where the only thing nearly similiar to skill (I don't mean skills like Fireballs or Quick Shot etc) is the movement speed of your character?
    (Not that I'm a "only PvE" player tbh)

I played DSO for very long (I guess since June or July 2012) and "back in the days:D", apart from having an higher advantage if paying -compared to now (I'm freeplayer btw)-, PvP was a metter of abilities. You had to move better and keep in mind your resurces (mana, rage etc) and skills cooldowns to win. You couldn't spam (apart from chain lightning), or better, you could, but it was pointless. Even if playing with a balanced set up, stats weren't the only thing to win as it is now -I remember, despite having just 1300 max dmg (my bow had 3x flat dmg and 1x attack speed bonuses and 4x polished ruby, so not the best even by far) on late cap lv45, I was able to end 5v5s with a K/D ratio of 20 or even 30, even against players that had double my HP or damage.
    My friend with a mage that had worse stats than my ranger, killed marshalls being just a centurion or little more-.
    So what I want to say is that "before" you could compensate the difference in stats by playing smart. Now you can't.
    That's why, even if I know things have changed, I want to ask for a PvP where stats and ability are 50-50 and not a predominance of stats over abilities.

sargon234 likes this.
  19. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

I'm sure that you don't. I don't need a sense of achievement from a game. I play to relax. I play to have fun.

Let's pretend for a second that I dedicated my existence to creating the ultimate god DK in this game, it still would mean nothing to me in my life. This is a game, it's here to be enjoyed, not some measurement in my life.

A few years ago before DSO decided to listen only to the pvp players and nerf everyone I used to enjoy this game quite a bit. I played a few hours each day. Again, not for any sense of "accomplishment or achievement" but because it was fun.

Since the great nerf when I learned that no matter how much time and or money I dedicate to DSO sooner or later my effort will be taken from me, I've played less and less.

Now it appears that pvp will be changed. So those same pvp lovers who didn't care when others got nerfed are probably going to learn what it's like to lose that time and or money.

Again, this is not my wish. I don't want pvp ruined. What I want is the same thing that I've always wanted from this game. NO NERF.

So you think that pvp lovers don't have the ultimate say in this game now? So if pvp players don't have the ultimate say, why do players get nerfed? Oh right, because those pvp lovers complain the loudest.

Obviously because of the pvp lovers, I cannot enjoy this game for the few hours I might play per day or per week, because those same pvp lovers will ultimately come on the forum and demand that my class be nerfed again and again and again and again.

I've never once asked for any class to be nerfed for any reason whatsoever, can you say the same?

sargon234 likes this.
  20. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

The sense of achievement and fun that I derive from PvP is that I am actually playing against real players, not some badly-programmed AI that can’t even hit me to save its life. The whole point of PvE in this game is to improve your toon stat-wise and prepare it for PvP.

You said that PvP involves no use of skill, just spamming of fireballs, etc. Well, how is PvE any different? You can spam skills as much as you like when soloing a boss, yet you claim that it is so different to PvP. Please tell me how PvE involves more “skill” than PvP.

I’m sorry, but the reason most people play MMO games is because of the multiplayer aspect, no one cares if you (not you particularly) can kill an AI boss in 10 seconds, but if you could do that to a real, living human opponent then that is impressive indeed.
    How is killing some predictable AI even fun or relaxing? That sounds boring to death. How much better is it to play against a real and challenging opponent than some
    terrible, unrealistic boss who is so predictable in his attacks, aiming and movements?

Perhaps you haven’t played true PvP in this game, or maybe it’s just that you’re bad at it, so you demonise PvP players because of your lack of skill. And I still don’t understand why you chose this very game for its PvE, perhaps you don’t even know about any of the other RPG games that have infinitely better PvE than DSO. It’s a mystery to me why people would play this game only for its PvE.
    You fail to understand that these “PvP lovers” make up well over 50% of the playerbase, probably more like 70%. Of course PvP players always have the say, because they are the majority. Don’t you understand how democracy works, even in something as simple as this? I challenge you to prove me wrong: make a thread with a poll where players can vote which they prefer, PvE or PvP, and you’ll probably see that most people are not on your side. It’s that simple. So when you whine about nerfs happening to your class, remember that it is the majority that is asking for these nerfs (if we take what you previously said, that only PvP lovers ask for nerfs, as true).

Speaking of nerfs, how would a nerf to your class possibly affect your toon in PvE? Even if there was such a nerf, you can still easily solo certain PvE maps, without even having gold stats or royal gems/runes. Nerfs affect PvP far more than PvE, so why would we PvP players want to effectively nerf ourselves? Your argument simply falls flat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.