PVP is going GEARLESS!?@#

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by bruluci, May 3, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigHink

BigHink Forum Inhabitant

I have been playing this game since level cap was just changed to 45. I played occasional pvp then and play now for clovers and very rarely just to play. Totally agree that when you play you should play to the end of the match and try to win every match. My current record is 1268 wins of 2452 matches. This toon is not my original and is Mech. I really don't care enough for pvp to worry what changes they make as long it has no effect on pve. I have one comment though on saying pvp was not broken when I started playing, does that mean we should return to essence and health potions being used in matches and bring back all the twinks.

2. kraken

kraken Forum Apprentice

Hi there,
    So I really don't understand your comments. I will explain why.
    1. All classes complain in terms of PVP, about DK's regen, SW's fireball/ice missile spam, Ranger's EA spam, SM's turrets and run tactics. So, if you ever felt targeted for "nerfs" on your class, you are not the only one. All classes feel the same at some point in the game.
    On the other hand, I see each class being able to solo inf3 so I don't get all these complains in terms of nerfs. PVE is easier than it ever was.
    2. PVE "lovers" also ask for "nerfs" because some classes are having much faster map clear time or much faster boss killing time. So it is not only PVP "lovers" "crying", it is also PVE "lovers".
    3. And what are these "nerfs" actually? Because while BP calls it balancing, people call it "nerf". So what do you want BP to do here so that nobody calls it a "nerf"? Buff a little all other classes and in same time double the difficulty on PW? That may be also a "nerf". Any small adjustment that will be made to the game, to a particular class, people will complain. Is either the other classes complain or it will be the class that it is adjusted. The point is that you must find ways to adapt. But let's make it clear, it was never the case that a particular class was not able to solo last inf mode. So, in regards to PVE i do not see why you are so scared about some adjustment. They will come anyway - new sets, new modes, new runes etc etc.

As a side story, I was out from the game before new dragan set, q7-q8, crafting 2.0 existed and came back on lvl 55, actually 3-4 weeks before that. So imagine my surprise: 1h mages where not existing anymore (PVE aspect) so I had to rebuild my gear from scratch. There was a dragan event running when I came back which I was doing with 1h build and red essence just for t1 gear. I don't think I came here to complain about this huge change. I hope this helps you to understand point 3. Then I tried a little PVP and omg - dragan set effect, knight from dragan ring, fireballs everywhere, ice missiles more crazy than chain lighting ever was, thunder from above triggered by some ranger set bonus etc etc. I had again to adapt, build separate set for PVP (which is far from being completed).
    So, all new content, all new PWs which where exclusively made for an enhanced PVE experience, actually ruined PVP. Not the other way around. Again, your PVE is just fine for everyone, but here we are debating over an exclusive PVP change, which seems to disappoint all PVP players. When you don't care about PVP, don't express anything useless here. There are plenty of topics on the forum on regards to PVE; get there and enlight those threads with your ideas on how to make PVE even greater.

Have a nice day!

3. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

But it's a core reason for you, why do you neglect to specify it?It's not for me
    Stop trying to speak for all players

As I already specified, i am skeptical or neutral towards gearless pvp, aka i want to see how it is before judging it positively or negatively, which is the rational position

Yes, i have be neutral towards others while discussing, it would just removing the point of discussing altogether

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Because many of them have been seen as nerfs by the players.
    Twinks ... of course not. They were abusing the game with BP's blessing.

About essences.
    Using essences in arena was much more painless than the current situation. Of course, P2P were having edge over F2P players ... but if you compare the current situation a lot of players are having inventory clogged with essences so their usage would be more fair than the current issues. However removing them from the official matches was a right step.
    About potions.
    In my opinion potions were not a issue at all. Here is why.
    Everyone was having pretty much similar stats on items ... the difference margin was small compared to what we have now. So potions were not a problem at all ... you are using one ... I am using one ... we both have opportunity to heal/refill resource pool. it was not something that you can do but I can't. After all we all farm a lot and have tons of potions that we can never deplete. We don't even pick up the potions because they wort less than any other item available for selling/melting.
    It was not something that you can have but I can't like it is the current situation where one class has ultimate edge over all and the others can't have that "something" even in the best possible theory.
    However ... under nowadays conditions arena with potions would go from "completely broken" to "WTH broken".
    So ... I think potions back then at the time were not a big or any issue.

I understand why the devs want to make these changes.
    With these changes players on ghost servers would be in greater number when it comes to playing official PvP arenas since there would be no level difference and all of them would be fighting in one place. By doing that they would eliminate the issue of "fair" matchmaking and getting fights in quick time.
    Also ... on well populated servers new players would get fights faster as well ... and on top of it they would eliminate the remaining twinks.
    New players are not in great numbers nowadays so these changes would be encouraging them to stay in the game.
    However ... new players who will stay in the game would get stronger over time and they would be in situation like all other players.
    Adding new gearless PvP mode is OK ... but making everything gearless and forcing the players to play a mode they don't want to play is not OK.

The devs are trying to make everything they can to keep the players in the game and let new players coming. But their hands are tied ... because not everything is in their power ... the most important things are in other people's hands.
    Also ... streaming on youtube. WTH ... when you want to sell a car you don't go to travel agency and put the car in the office with a hope that someone would buy it just because they are going on trip somewhere. People don't buy cars every time they are going on trip or vacation. There are planes, trains, buses ...
    Youtube is a platform for general contents. Twitch is the ultimate gaming platform where other gamers would see your product.

5. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

OK,but then the players are wrong, they aren't nerfs

6. RainingBlood666

RainingBlood666 Forum Apprentice

Dude...are you serious? Okey, if you are not reading my posts (or at least understanding them), i won't read yours as well.

I will pronounce myself again when we get more information about the topic.

7. glesia

glesia Advanced

well there is no real reason the play pve then. I payed into ths game to pvp with my gear

8. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

So and the arguments for geraless PvP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.