PVP Unbalanced ?

Discussion in 'PvP (Player vs. Player)' started by Cratar, Dec 27, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. I really dislike having to pvp the same person multiple times in a row. I kid you not, I had the same person for 10 consecutive matches last night for dailies. It really isn't any sort of fun anymore. I like going up against different people, not the same.

semen470 and magicus like this.
  2. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Since I only PvP for clovers, this makes it easy. I know that they are either stronger and can kill me faster or the reverse. Although sometimes it can be interesting to see if you can get a handle on how they play and then tweak what you do to make them lose.

GoulishNightmares likes this.
  3. semen470

semen470 Padavan

This happens always at nights here on Balor server too,,,its no fun anymore since r155 when PvP got broken.

4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Sorry to break it to you, but PvP has been broken a lot longer than that.

5. Well I pvp for clovers and infernal passes, but normally I don't even try! I don't even go in equipped. I just want to/like seeing how others try to fight. I like seeing what kind of equipment people are using, their tactics, etc. The same person though over and over gets boring. I do fight..sometimes, but rarely. Free points for them. Pvp is not my goal, clover and passes are lol.

Saved_81 likes this.
  6. Cratar

Cratar Someday Author

Drakensang gameplay is more than perfect .. but pvp is more than ugly :/

7. wolfie54

wolfie54 Active Author

Same for me! I spent 6 of the 14 matches last time against same DK and then 5 against same SW. I only go to the arena for the clovers but still like to see how I do in a fight. Would be nice to see someone different each time but I'm sure it depends on who is seeking matches at that time. Nevertheless, a clover is still a great reward for the time spent!

GoulishNightmares and Dragonnns like this.
  8. LordKotton

LordKotton Forum Apprentice

Whats the deal? Played 1vs1 and lost but did 3 times the dam as other guy.. I know a tank..i never died in second match we had.. but still lost due to bleeding at end...why? when i was finaly getting him down.. why? Ok why is dk only 1 that can regen health in pvp.. is my question.. shouldnt ranger be able to with dogs/tree?

9. Drakjula

Drakjula Forum Greenhorn

If you make match based on game lvl like now, this is no problem (i know it is so, i play it 3-4 years)
    Few tips for pvp.
    Max difference for pvp in lvl need to be no more then 3 lvl-s, players have different chance to hit on bigger or lower lvl.
    Also lvl 55 matchmaking need to be only for lvl 55 players, not for 54 or less with them, we all know why ;)
    Also think about merging servers, this work great in EDIT, so low lvl don't need to wait so long for pvp battles, it will be good if you make server for low, mid, and big lvl-s chars so player can swap, like i say this work great in EDIT

gg :)

Last edited by moderator: Mar 27, 2018
  10. LordKotton

LordKotton Forum Apprentice

Played 14 matches... 12 were against the same 2 op toons.. i had no chance.. 1 hit im dead..
    no wonder no 1 plays pvp

11. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

Just don't bother with PvP until you reach level 50+, after which you should focus on creating a PvP-based build if that is what you want. Then PvP is much more enjoyable and to some degree more balanced.

12. Arr

Arr Forum Expert

[​IMG]
    (6 fireballs -- 1 green arrow)
    52 vs 55, it looks pretty unbalanced to me

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  13. HellenicMacedonian

HellenicMacedonian Active Author

What did you expect?

You are 52 and he is an end gamer.

If he sneezes, you will "vaporize"!

14. Jhinstalock

Jhinstalock Active Author

I'm certain the only reason they haven't made matchmaking closer to own rank/level is that there aren't enough players to make bearable queue times with that.

trakilaki likes this.
  15. Shansurri

Shansurri Active Author

That's a big nope. They pretty much do this even during peak times for PVP. It's like they don't even HAVE an algorithm in place to pair based upon ability.

16. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Seriously? They are giving you the correct answer.

17. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

Queue times even for a 3 vs 3 are already unbearable...

18. Jhinstalock

I remember back in 2013 or so when I once played on Grimmag, and all people did was 3 vs 3s. Good times man, only pay2win twinks existed, so they were few and far between :(

piteris2 likes this.
  19. Pvp has been broken for a while now. Characters are paired with others they pretty much have no chance against among other issues. You are level 50 and fighting a level 55 but how long has that level 55 been playing or building? His character could have the strength of a level 60 in reality. Same goes for a lvl55 against another lvl 55..they are not the same strength or even comparable in some cases.

20. Jhinstalock

It's the same with the twinks when I play on low level characters. I know the combat value system sucks, but it could serve as a general guideline for matching in PVP. I'd love to not have to fight those with 500k+ when my own character is like 100k or 200k.