Feedback Q7 vs. Q8

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Tilwin90, Oct 28, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tilwin90

Tilwin90 Padavan

Hi guys,
    The release 174 and 176 feedback threads are unfortunately closed now so I had to make a separate thread here to express my feedback regarding the experience of the two Qs. I only just got to run through them.
    The good part is now that I have the opportunity to finally share my thoughts on all parallel worlds.

The good
    + Excellent for killing time now in the game in the lack of other events and get a place where the drop is good. The guaranteed purples on bosses with potential legendaries has been extrapolated from Q5 and I love that. So thanks for that.
    + The repetitiveness of the quests might seem lazy or sloppy to some, but I actually like this predictability. Gives me the chance to prepare in advance for the quests and know what to expect. No problem here, I am in for the loot and the uniques anyway.
    + The unique sets show a great degree of diversity. For end players of course it might seem like "blah, why bother with that item or this item if you can get a better one" but... I like the diversity they provide. So thumbs up on that.
    + I really like the Sigri set for my Spellweaver. It's a bit frustrating that there are now three sets that interest me (Twin Queen, Deserts of Insolation and Sigri Set) and use the weapon adornment while in the past I think it was only Sargon's Shadow set that had a unique adornment. But that's part of the diversity so simply makes the game interesting. I might want the armor just for itself until I can get a decent legendary armor anyway.
    + I like that Herald set encourages using a less used ability for Spellweavers nowadays - Fireball.

The to be improve
    - Would've liked if the sets offered some set bonuses even if they were not tier 3. The only reason why I mention this is because it takes a long time to get tier 3 items, and it's a shame that for all that time you cannot really benefit from that bonus. Especially since it's two items, would be great if we had something like this (just a thought):
    Item 1 LevelItem 2 LevelSet Bonus Level

- The drop rate of the uniques is quite disappointing. I've had many many runs in Q1-Q3 (Painful), but I haven't gotten any set uniques yet. This is of course subjective and may be just me. Sure, higher difficulties would help, but then again, if I could do that, I would probably already have these uniques or better ones.
    - The first mission is very different in terms of time between Qs. It's not even related to the rule "the higher the Q, the more difficult the first quest".
    -- Q1, Q3 and Q5 went relatively well. Surprisingly Q5 was a predictable 5 maps run, with the map being quite small so quite easy to complete.
    -- Q2 takes longer because of the map size but it's still predictable due to the mushrooms being about the same number on the map.
    -- Q4 took a long time because of the high number of monsters requested as well as the convoluted map. Compared to the other maps it simply seems like a much greater effort for no serious reason.
    -- Q7 was a nightmare and the drop rate of the required cannonballs was ridiculously small. My friend finished in 7 or 8 runs, it took me 10 to finish. There were runs where I got one cannonball over the entire map. This is frustrating! At the very least please up the drop rate and if needed increase the requested amount - it's less frustrating to see something not being dropped than seeing frequent drops but requiring a larger amount.
    -- Q8 was really nice. I liked the idea of the quest as well as the really good drop rate - not to mention the monsters which dropped it were at the entrance so I could kill - teleport - repeat. It didn't even bother me that I had to repeat the quest 4 times practically - it was great.

So yeah... Sometimes this difference gives the impression that the effort requested by quests affected by some degree of random factor, or the map in which they occur, are not that well thought out. I would spend more time in this direction to identify how much does it take a player on an average to complete a quest and whether it is what you guys expect or not.

That's about it. I know I may have reiterated some aspects already mentioned by other players, but sometimes we need to be repetitive to make it clear it's not just one person's opinion.
    Thanks!

2. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Release 176 feedback thread is still open.

Cheers

3. Tilwin90

Tilwin90 Padavan

My bad! :) I don't know why I saw it as closed. Hope it's fine I posted my feedback here especially since now it concerns more than just R176 :)
    Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.