Questions about Turrets resistance

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Guitarman, May 1, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guitarman

Guitarman Forum Master

Hi All

Am one of the rare lightning built SW and had problems blowing up turrests in Sky Fall Arena.....

Seems to be highly resistant to lightning, and my 3k staff did not do 2x damage.... and no different whether on blue essesence or not... and when I use ice burst.... the damage goes 5x . .. ..

Did anyone notice this ? Not sure whether the same thing will apply in 6on6...

Is this a bug ?

2. chiuseer

chiuseer Advanced

I give up lightening strike long long time ago. Now my major skill is ice burst , and it works good.

3. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

They are just like in 6v6.
    You should try with ranger ... nothing works on them. Marking is not working for double damage (only pierce through) ... armor break not working ... etc
    I am leaving them and destroy them after end of the wave .... because i need long time destroying them with 130-140 damage per hit.

4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

It is easier for DKs, but the rules behind the turrets taking damage don't make sense. With my damage, MWS (200% Damage) does 1400 damage, but Smash (240% Damage) only does 700. Jump and ground breaker are 125% 100% attacks, but it did about 800 and 700 each. I am hoping it is a bug, but like Trakilaki, I just saved them for the end when I could take my time.

5. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

They behave a little like Herald when summoned by Balor, or the Medusa's mask in the previous DtUs event, the rules for them taking damage, as Baragain said, make no sense at all. As a SW the only skills that do "significant" damage are the Frozen Sphere and Destruction, the second being inconsequential and unpractical for killing those turrets, Lightning strike, which I use as my secondary damaging skill, was as good as magic missile for damaging the turrets, so leaving them for the end was the best option for me.

My guess is that, in the case of Herald, it's somewhat unintended (Trakilaki said back then that Arachna's babies were affected by this bug in the TS, but they were fixed), in the case of this turrets, I think they left it on purpose, why?, because since the Skyfall Arena was created this issue was reported with a very detailed video on it by a forum user, even testing with different essences to no avail, and because despite this, they're more annoying than an actual threath, even for a 2H toon, even so, they're good for slowly chipping away HP from unaware players, cause them to die and waste resources to respawn, and also, because before they introduced the progression bar for this event, the vast majority of the feedback for the Skyfall arena was positive, it was until they gave us the "chance" to grind it for ~25 hours to get some decent rewards that the negative points from the Skyfall Arena jumped into everyone's attention.

So, considering this might not be fixed anytime soon, best thing we can do is adapt, as stated before, leave them for the end if you can handle everything else while being shot by them, or, if your toon happens to be a bit squishy, ask one person in your group to focus solely on as many turrets as he/she's able to take down, so that you have at least a less crowded section of the arena from where you can fight from or lure the mobs in, at least 1/4 of the total turrets should be cleared (ideally 1/2), so that your ranged teammates have a mildly safe spot from where to snipe the annoying iron twins and the rest of the mobs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.