R163 Preview

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by trakilaki, Mar 30, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LudiGrozd

LudiGrozd Advanced

Well mate, I hope am wrong about the realms needed, but will see. I sure would like to save some realms. :D

2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I think that rumor started here with some bad math.
    Look at his updated number crunching and that is a much more reasonable number for a max estimate. Then look at MegaNukers and you'll see a low end estimate.

Put it this way. If you have 350 right now, you will likely be fine.

EhtovK and eedman86 like this.
  3. LudiGrozd

LudiGrozd Advanced

@_Baragain_ , It was not bad math, I just did not have full info about event. Next time ask me, don't write out of the blue. :)

4. BigHink

BigHink Forum Inhabitant

Sir You posted that the old way of playing this event way better and much more fun and now you say it was not bad math but bad info. This leads one to believe that you are commenting about this event without having played it. Isn't that like saying vanilla ice cream tastes bad just because someone else told you that.

5. _Baragain_

Was it right? No. That means that it was wrong. And wrong math is bad math. Making a prediction when you "didn't have full info about event" means that you gave out bad information that confused some players who didn't do any checking themselves.

So yes, the rumor started, at least in part, because of your bad math.

6. LudiGrozd

LudiGrozd Advanced

@_Baragain_ Look it was not my fault people have a habit of not explaining things good. It's not the math it's the info that was wrong, so even if math is good, result is gonna be wrong 'couse of the bad info. It's not that hard to get it. You're not always right, find a way to deal with it, it's clearly and issue for you.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  7. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

My insight (no math just an average drop count)
    Swaywood Dale: I get 15 Insignia of Merit in average, 1-3 War gear, stone and wood drops are depending on your resources ...
    This map is boring as hell. this is the place where you are spending your realm fragments.

RCC under Siege: I get in average 50-55 Insignia of Merit from drops ... there are few RE quests (some of them completely useles ... I don't even know what is their purpose since they are not giving any reward or having impact on any other quest) and there is a catch with the quests. Those quests seems to give RANDOM rewards ... so you can't calculate how much you would get or what you would get ... every round can be with different reward. They are giving Insignias, drakens and realm fragments.
    This map is slightly less boring than Swaywood Dale. I was getting 2-5 War Gears per run.

Now knowing that the progress rewards are not good at all ... your goal could be the quest "Just What You Need" which is giving the event unique item. But knowing that the item itself is not so good ... you may run out of goals :D
    This quest is requiring 200 War Gears and is repeatable ... because the enchantments are random ... and you may want to get better enchantments if you haven't in the previous attempt. You may also choose to spend your War Gears on this quest which is giving a chest. You may get anything including that unique focus. I spent 150 war gears on this quest and got crap.

In Summary ... this event has got nothing to do with the previous Invasion on Kingshill ... it looks much more like Perils of Time ... meaning grind to death and you will find no joy.
    Defending the NPC's doesn't need strategy or cooperation with other players ... since those tasks are more like a "spam your basic attack and watch TV" type of tasks.

Another Ruined Event ... Another Boredom-fest.

VMmage, garonx and LudiGrozd like this.
  8. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

I really wished that they would have expanded on what was once a good event, but even though I knew better, I still wished for it. Such a shame.

9. Troneck86

Troneck86 Forum Great Master

Guess I'll be skipping this one. Thanks again Trak for taking the time to test events/releases before they go live and we get half-arsed patch notes. You don't get enough credit for the things you do for the community.

Knifefromjack likes this.
  10. _Baragain_

I'll do it on my DK because I love draken. I'll then spend all my time on my SM because the decoration is perfect for a SM. 9%-12% damage for a pure damage turret build SM is way more damage than a SM could ever get from a pure damage decoration.

Take for example the SM in this Dwarf Showcase video. In the video, his decoration, at LVL 54, has 148 damage. A little math tells me that his base damage is 3247-4131 before applying his % damage from his torso/knowledge. With a 11% defender's decoration, he'd get 357-454 without greens or 363-460 damage with greens. This is 215-312 more damage for his build (in his green ess build), and because % damage doesn't upgrade, this would free up his glyphs to use on his other damage items, which will make his build even more insane... His max damage would go over 7000. :confused::eek:

So, I hope this convinces you all to play this event with your SMs if nothing else.

Armando likes this.
  11. Troneck86

Troneck86 Forum Great Master

I barely have enough time in the day to keep up with my wimpy little Ranger, so that weapon decoration is pretty useless to me since I need critical hit rate to even get close to the DPS the other classes are achieving now. If it is a grindfest, I will skip it. I have better things to do with my time; grindfesting at a place that will help progress my character :p.

12. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I won't skip it ... I will only finish the progress ... which is enough to get one weapon adornment as a trophy for my collection.

To be honest I get more credit from BP than from the Wiki/forum readers. I am not one of those who are making YouTube videos and begging for subscriptions and views ... I am not doing this for profit. Not making any profit makes me FREE ... I have my freedom of expression and I can say whatever I think is right ... without fear of loosing potential subscribers or viewers which could make my "bread and butter". Lot of players are reading Wiki and forums ... but never feel like helping ... but it is OK there are dozen of players that are always willing to help by posting anything they have in their disposal or creating/editing Wiki contents. I appreciate their help and I can only say "Thank You".
    Speaking of DSO Wiki ... I think we are going to redesign it little bit. For a start we have a new logo :p ... which was designed and created by DSO's Art Department ... Thank You very much! :)

[​IMG]

VMmage, EhtovK, Mario_Boss and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.