Feedback R185 Hotfix II - particularly Sapphire-Rune exchange

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Allogeneous, Mar 6, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mesala

Mesala Advanced

Balance the game and remove the sapphires entirely, compensate people with the anders, most of them will dump them into Jesters anyways and get clovers for runes and many other things as well to boost for the harshness of fatal/inferno Parallels.

Wild likes this.
  2. jayr3d

jayr3d Regular

no offence Allogen, but after all these years i seen all the changes that has occured and all those years we gave suggestions nothing good came out of it. Well our suggestions weren't even considered forget good or bad. REALLY REEALLY sad alot ALOT of us are talking about quitting and some like me even considering of deleteing our account which we spent thousands of USD on.

-Skygazer- likes this.
  3. We fight on behalf of the players harder than you will ever know. That being said, we need ammunition. We can tell the people at DSO something, but unless we have a lot of evidence to back up what we are saying from the forums, it is even less likely to achieve the desired result. Basicly, if you don't provide useful feedback, then you can be sure that nothing will change for the better.

jayr3d and -Skygazer- like this.
  4. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

What is the INSANITY of the Sapphire Refiner costs ?????

The anouncement thread said 15, 10, 2, 9, 10, 14 for the 15RC type from the lowest value gem to highest value gem.

I bought 9 and then when I went to actually refine one of my Sapphires, it wants 19 ????

The scale alone as was posted on the anouncements doesn't make sense, and the actual required is ABSOLUTELY REDICULOUS. [EDIT]

Last edited by moderator: Mar 8, 2017
  5. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

From your feedback i guess you have not invested a single penny in this game.Im sure that you dont have gems that can be refine in 2h runes.That shield was broken anyway.

I think the only type of players that will remain in game will be his type 0 money invested and complaining about the fact that BP fix the bugs they exploit.
    Old players and shopers will quit because they are very afected by the new expansion and now the sapphyre exchange ruin the arena build for themAnd we all know that new extension promote ruby in weapon,onix on adornment and speed on runes..
    Because they have big gems and nothing to refine for single hand is like you force them to play at the jesters zilions andermant to fill slots with 8 % runes and they know that.
    Is not normal a guy that have 7 royal gems worth 91% speed to have 0% speed runes for single hand.
    Faire exchange should be to let them decide what type of runes they want no matter of sapphire size.
    Wrong decision that will cost you if you dont make repair in short time
    Gl BP this is your future more players 0 income and if you dont have income you will make more mistakes like this to force players to pay stuff and you will enter on a circle that will shrink the player base untill you will be forced to unify the servers and you know the end is coming.Your solution is to focus on players that pay and that fire pet was an example also your TCG afiliate programs is not working anymore, no costume prize nothing.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    jayr3d likes this.
  6. ULTRAPEINLICH

ULTRAPEINLICH Forum Duke

I'd like to give a feedback on refiners in general:
    Normal refiners:
    With my royal offstones I feel kind of "punished" here because im stuck with once highend and now middle-class gems which I am unable to improve. While others, let's say "perfect/sacred" off gemmed players are able to convert their gems with significantly lower refiner costs and can then combine them with farmed gems, all I can do is observe how my recently farmed qaizah gems overpower my costly royal rubies/onyxes and render them useless.

Either make refiners farmable, or - I'd actually prefer that - give us the opportunity to break down royal gems into 3 sacred / 9 perfect gems in order to make better use of them.

Saphire refiners:
    @MikeyMetro and @sebastian_fl pretty much said everything here, +1

Yogo likes this.
  7. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

Exchanging in andermant or clovers is not a solution.
    The special clovers or a speed dust i think.
    And with that dust you can craft runes.
    The ideea is simple.
    With grand rafiners rafine every percent of speed in equivalent number of dust something like 90% speed in 90 materi or 900 or 9000 speed dust.
    Put on sale some blank runes for each type of them.
    Process
    Buy 2 blank runes same type and put them with speed dust to craft the rune you want at juweller.
    Same thing you can done on other type or runes so you can have rune dust for each type of rune as a reward from events.
    There can be many solutions.
    And if you want money let them rafine other big gems with that grand celerity for other runes they will buy gems to rafine them.
    Rubyes for that damage rune,amethyst for life rune, cyanyte for armor rune.
    Only grand rafiners that can rafine only the highest 3 type of gems.
    Win Win.

8. Falk101

Falk101 Junior Expert

[EDIT]

You're crying about gems refine but if you put some money in this game you could change all and see the possibilities of the new release. Personnaly i like. The only thing i don't like is the price of refiners, i think it's too expansive because we already paid for these gems.

jayr3d likes this.
  9. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

So the ones that don't follow the forums are definitely at a loss...
    We're having "Gnob's jade nut" cases all over again, this time with ander.
    They don't even know... and you definitely can't see what you're refining them into except for some rune names. But what about their stats? You're not gonna risk your gems for a mysterious abrahadabra refining process.

Andemant? Not cool, not cool at all! Silver would be better... copper even better... since no one "stole" them, they got them fair and square.
    Splitting your gems (reverting to lower tiers) would also be nice so that you can get the most out of your gems. This would also help the ones that crafted their gems before (...and after) R185.

Another idea would be to buy the runes with the gems directly at the jewelers or Zumpe. No extra items involved, like your current refiners.
    Like that, you could actually see what you're getting for your gems (i.e.: the runes' stats).

10. -Skygazer-

-Skygazer- Advanced

My humble 20 cents on this:

Weapon restriction with runes - wrong idea in it's core. This has been said many times.

Gem breaker should be introduced.
    Two types of runes changed to 1 but with no tier limit. This means no Runes of Grand Celerity, only one type - Rune of Celerity with unrestricted weapon type.
    Create solid exchange rate:
    Polished Sapphire = 4% attack speed
    Radiant = Rune of Celerity (tier 2) 6% attack speed
    Flawless = Rune of Celerity (tier 3) 8%
    Sacred = Rune of Celerity (tier 4) 12%
    Royal = Rune of Celerity (tier 5) 15%
    Supreme Rune of Celerity 21% (that is worth 3 Royal Sapphires)

Make them usable in weapon adornment, 1-handed and 2-handed

This would be the most fair system in my opinion.
    Oh, did I mention gem breaker? (Just making sure)

11. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

This is partially true.
    1-handed will rely A LOT on the crit coming from the off-hand and this means that, with the currents diminishing returns on the CHC, you'd better NOT switch you sapphires to onyxes NO MATTER WHAT.
    IAS has the break-points rule as diminishing return but gives an higher DMG multiplier (because has no relation with a second variable which is CHD).
    Would you really lose 32% or more IAS for a mere 3-4% CHC? Really?
    Other than that, a lot of classes do have benefits from higher ASPD because it lets regenerate resources faster and, with the current stat of the game, do have a better proc rate per second (and we are gonna see more and more items with procs embedded).

As I saw, the Sapphire conversion system was intended to get "something" from the sapphires you'd NOT use and they are thinking about a SIMPLE (which doesn't involve hundreds of hours of development) way to get it.

If you want to suggest something and you wanna be listened, you have to suggest something SIMPLE to develope, INTUITIVE for any player, that will SATISFY the majority of the players.

12. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

[EDIT]
    Also you need more rafiners if you have small gems farmed so i surpose that is the reason of your complain.
    I complain because i have big gems that i bought not farmed and i dont want to exchange them for 2h runes and i think is not faire that i have only this option.
    So in my opinion i have pay some money to have more speed but with new patch they tell me that i can have more speed only on 2 h weapon or i can keep my sapphyre but i cant make critical damage.
    That is not faire because i have bought that speed to use in both types of weapons and now i have restrictions so in my opinion they alterate the use of my gems.

And that shield was op you could kill a boss on infernal under 50sec with that and you dont need damage for that.
    So with that shield in 1 month all server could have all unique in game and BP have lost so.much money.

---MERGED---

Maybe is not so simple but this idea can develop a new way for crafting runes for all players because this days the only way to get them is with drakens or if you gamble at jesters.
    Also they can develop something to put on crafting tables rune dust +drakens + a blank rune of level you need to get.

Example 60 ruby dust +1000 drakens + blank rune level1 that give 10% damage on item.
    With drakens neded they block the abuse of players with money since most of drakens can be optainable from events.
    Ty for merge.

13. Erebus

Erebus User

@Falk101 and @Demon , kindly stop adressing each other personally, and stop asking for personal details such as e-mail adresses and handing them out, since it's a breach of the forum rules, also, Demon, please use the "Edit" button if you have something to add to your last post, double posting is treated as spam.

Please stick to the feedback, I think both @Allogeneous and @YouWinOrYouDie were really clear about the importance of the situation:

Demon likes this.
  14. Trolalala

Trolalala Forum Apprentice

It must be all runes or all sapphires solution.

I am older player.
    I keep sapphires. I have 5*8 = 40% attack speed.
    I buy runes, 5*8 = 40% attack speed.

That is 80% attack speed.

New player comes.
    He only buys runes, 5*8 = 40% attack speed.

80% vs 40% attack speed. It is not fair.

Espessially if you are dwarf. Dwarves don't need onyxes.

Let's do this calculation with top tier gems.
    70%+105% vs 105%. It is not fair.

Right now the optimal strategy is to keep the sapphires and to get speed runes. I am a developer (and not very bring one), but I see this obvious flaw.

Trade all of our sapphires into glovers or andermant and it will be perfect.

15. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Hello all,

I would like to share a very important information about Sapphire to rune exchange and remind you that the current resolution is not final.
    We have been informed that the devs are still working on other transfer options which are directly based on user feedback. Players who are not happy with the first offer SHOULD NOT exchange out their Sapphires for Runes yet.

Cheers.

Demon and bLaind like this.
  16. Tilwin90

Tilwin90 Padavan

(sorry for the harsh tone of the message. It is by no means directed at the moderators/administrators of the forums, who I know are just messengers regarding the changes)

Really frustrated with the latest release - I already posted my arguments why I think level 55 renders our characters more obsolete than ever before. Impact on reduction % with respect to values for instance is absurd. Nothing like this has been seen from level 40 to level 45 or from level 45 to level 50.

My clear feedback and ammunition for you guys is this one: if BigPoint does not stop the greediness you are about to lose half of your player base. Until this situation changes and I start seeing less jerkiness and more respect for your players, I am halting all my investments into the game.

Now regarding the runes
    I don't get why the difference between one-handed and two-handed weapons. For players who already invested heavily in sapphires I think it's really unfair. I understand the game changes heavily, but on the other hand gems were always quite a "stable" aspect of the game and have been so for a very very long time - hence it was a safe investment. Now not even gems are stable.

So to stay safe, I would definitely remove the whole "different runes of speed" for "different kinds of weapons" and leave the runes of speed as flexible as the previous gems were. You know that saying "the ship has sailed"? It's a bit late to try and "rectify" a very old mistake without upsetting A LOT of players.
    The smaller the change in this direction, and the lesser the flexibility impact, the better. I am already on the verge of leaving this game AGAIN.

Also, while I understand the difference between runes and gems from a mathematical and algorithmical approach, you are missing one key aspect (or make us believe you are): sapphires dropped randomly and could also be bought with andermant. Runes cannot! Yes, I farmed for andermant in Q3 and then spent it to buy gems. Didn't have to pay with real money. But now I don't even have that option anymore. Forcing players to do events to get what they could previously obtain from sapphires is unfair and a big problem!

Gevilson likes this.
  17. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Thanks for your work. Please also tell the dev, that not every player is reading the forums, and they better delay questionable changes until they are final. It would not be okay if they improve thr exchange but not let those who made exchange already reverse it. Players cannot be guessing what is in the developer's mind.

jayr3d and Gevilson like this.
  18. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

While I gleefully supported this idea in the TS thread I think there is zero chance of it happening. The game after all is a business. I have good deal of business experience myself and can easily see the problems with this suggestion.

Giving players an equivalent ander amount for their sapphs and removing those gems would likely have a significant impact on the game's revenue. I will refrain from writing the quite boring paragraphs explaining my reasons for this conclusion.

I have played games in the past that were nothing but fun. Sadly due some poor business planning the servers eventually got shut down (in one case the publisher was forced out of the web based game business entirely.)

That being said; if ever there was a time to be overly generous to fix a problem now would be that time to clean up this mess. If the financial overseers of this game could see a way to take a short term hit that could be recovered over time then I would definitely recommend they do so.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

19. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

Totally agree:)

20. jayr3d

jayr3d Regular

EDIT

i would really like if you guys some how make a 2nd option for players who miss and wish to play that level 45 times again.... so who ever likes this new expansion lol let them grieve and stay here i personally like level 45 where we could use 1h and have fun rather then play 2h and die 1 hit in pvp, or go pve and can hardly kill any thing with out dieing a million times thats not fun at all i dont care if you guys say its because our gears are outdate thats bul and the fact that ander and refiners is so expensive we cant upgrade more cause we already spent thousands to get what we have and yet still have to cry cause we s**k and thats the truth.

-{Gabriel}- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.