Feedback R185 Hotfix II - particularly Sapphire-Rune exchange

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Allogeneous, Mar 6, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A brief interjection:
    There has been a little confusion regarding the fate of Sapphires in the game. Let me clarify what has happened, what is happening and what won't be happening:
    - Sapphires no-longer drop in the game from monster kills or from chests. They are not available from merchants.
    - There is an option to convert your existing sapphires to Celerity runes. The nature of that exchange option is what this thread is set up to debate
    - As clearly stated in the opening post of this thread, and reinforced by Mal3ficent above: if you are unhappy with the current exchange offer, do not exchange your gems at this stage.
    - Sapphires will not be removed from player's inventory, locker or items
    - Sapphires will not be compulsorily exchanged for runes. It will be entirely at the player's discretion.
    - Any sapphires that a player already has will continue to work as they always did

Yogo, jayr3d, _Baragain_ and 2 others like this.
  2. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

its not fair when we cant use converted royals in the weapon adorment to support us with some critical gems since u [EDIT] critical hit rate and bolck chance in the new [EDIT] lvl 55... now i dont have that urge to play this game anymore [EDIT]

Last edited by moderator: Mar 9, 2017
    jayr3d likes this.
  3. jayr3d

jayr3d Regular

i agree with this i have no issues with sapphires just the rest of the updates although this TOPIC is regarding sapphires so :) sorry i shouldnt be putting my 2cents here as the sapphire thing is all by FREE WILL OF PLAYERS

4. ViriatoRex

ViriatoRex Forum Greenhorn

Blocking the transfer of big gems in to single hand runes is a very bad idea.
    You will have many players that will not refine them.
    You will have many shopers players that will quit.
    You need to find another solution fast because the monsters are hard to beat untill we make good items and players get frustrated and your decision about gems rise the level of frustration.
    Is nice that you consider our position about gems but you should do this before you implement the exchange method.

My opinion in this matter is that you should let us break the higher sapphire in smaller ones to make the runes that we need.

Does anyone know if the new items from full moon event will have the new base added on level 55 items? Because if they remain with no base they dont worth .

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  5. Attikussz

Attikussz Forum Greenhorn

Thank you
    There is hope, i have 4x8.6 sapphire i hope that i can make few one hand rune from them.
    We wait for your new patch maybe it will not take more than few days.
    Splinting gems can be a nice ideea.

6. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

That's the problem!! Not "until" but "if"... considering that all the significant bonuses seem to have been even nerfed in comparison with lev 50. At the moment, i do not see the chance to improve in any tangible way, simply because there is noway to do it. This version introduced lot of % bonuses on the items but it doesnt offer runes or gems good to take advantage from them. I really hope that it is just a sour release, and that many improvements will follow soon.

7. joyfulagitator

joyfulagitator Forum Greenhorn

I'm reletivly new and don't have a laundy list of complaints. I enjoy the game so far, and unlike other games I play I've spent a bit of money here because I thuink the value for what I get is very high in comparrion to other games. That said, I bought a bunch of andement so I could use it to improve my second character using the knowlege I gained with my first. I waited for a gem sale to load her up on saphires..... I'm kinda bummed. :(

8. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Allogenous, has there any news from BP about whether converting existing sapphires to celerity runes will be changed or will it remain as is? I'm sitting on 5 unused radiant sapphires and 1 unused polished sapphire at the moment.

9. Still no word. Sorry. BP asked for feedback from the DSO community, but we have heard nothing since then.

10. -HARRA81-

-HARRA81- Forum Mogul

I hope BP finds a way to make possible to transfer Royal gems for Celerity runes! (1 handed weapons).
    My 5 Royal Sapphires are sitting in the warehouse kind of useless currently ._.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.