R201

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by trakilaki, Nov 3, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gun

gun Forum Great Master

Thank you for not calling me a troll or such arrogant braggart in first place.
    If the event go live as per test server now, I may not able to get full 1k buff in a session.. neither to force my self to achieve it.
    But for sure I will definitely get the fun of it in my very own way.

Just friendly reminder..
    Finding a way to limit or remove bot completely is not player's job. But suggestion always welcome.
    Fun definition differ one another. While it would be better if player able to elaborate what is his/her definition of fun.

2. Alex_Thor

Alex_Thor Advanced

I tell you what is FUN, for me: 1 hour PvP, 1 hour farm PW, 1 hour event. Per day.

But play 1000-5000 runs on same map in 1 day, or few days, this is NOT FUN, this is zombie job :eek:

3. gun

gun Forum Great Master

So in regards of this event, you are expecting to get all the reward from the progress of this event with 1 hour event per day in 15 days?

Regarding the new cursor, perhaps using color chooser to select the cursor color would be nicer.
    [​IMG]

Edit:
    From the settings:
    [​IMG]
    I realized that the game store 1 image file per cursor type.
    I don't know how difficult it is to implement the color chooser. As to generate and save new cursor type with selected color.
    If it is to difficult, perhaps just adding more cursor type with more colors, as seen in the gray boxes:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    trakilaki likes this.
  4. Alex_Thor

Alex_Thor Advanced

You know this is stupid question from you! Read again what I write.
    ----------

I can play all 3 hours event per day, without pvp, without Pw, but this is not enought. 3 hours is 1% progress-bar and this is boring and nothing!

5. gun

gun Forum Great Master

That's how you answer the question. Well then you are not worth to be listen.
    End discussion.

6. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

For a long time now we've had events with loads of grind with no good rewards. This time the dev's have chosen to actually provide great rewards.

Yes, they have added even more grind, however it can still be completed by those who put in the time. No, everyone is not going to put in the time and effort.

Considering it is still on the test server and my test character isn't as strong as the one I have on the live server, my guess (and it is only a guess) is that it will take around 5 1/2 hours per day to complete the event.

The event may or may not change by the time it comes to the live servers. We may have a number of hotfixes that may affect the time of the event.

If it remains 5 1/2 hours per day, I will not be able to complete the event, but even though I may not complete it, I still say that this is a major step in the right direction for players. We finally have an event with great rewards.

Those who are willing to grind it out should be rewarded.

MikeyMetro, gun and trakilaki like this.
  7. wolfie54

wolfie54 Active Author

I'm reading a lot of about estimated times and drop rates for the newest event (which is on the test server currently). If it is possible, would someone list some approximate numbers for doing the event on say excruciating level. If I can't get in a group and need to undertake this event solo, I'm afraid that is the top level boss kill wise I could do in reasonable time. I apologize if this information is included already but got the impression the posts were in accordance to doing fatal mode. The prizes are definitely worth the work to get them as they have tremendous value for a player of my skill/ability level. For your consideration in calculations if needed, level 55 DK, 6500 base damage (1H), AS 2.14, Crit Rate 46%, Crit Damage 176% and able to run many PW maps on fatal/infernal1 with green and blue essences, NOT able to solo PW bosses on fatal without extended time. Appreciate your thoughts and insights very much. Been playing for 14 months and still consider myself a "noobie" as I have much to learn about everything.

8. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

The grind is not that monstrous if you play smart.
    If you all promise me you will not play more than the 1M limit ... so i can have advantage in the raffle :D ... I might write a ultimate guide for all (except those that are finding this event waste of time) on how to finish the event by playing smart.
    Even if I decide to write that guide i will publish it one day after the event starts ... so i can have advantage :D ... because i never really won anything :D

No i don't have life ... i am one of those undead

[​IMG]

No one is forcing you to play it . What should the devs do? Cancel the event because you don't like it?
    If you don't like the event play something else ... play New Moon or the boring PW.

This event reminds me of the Dwarven Rally event ... you can play it and get rewards as much as you want.
    I remember back then I leveled up 4-5 Dwarf to level 40 in few weeks and got all those rewards plus 4-5 Sacred Amethysts (highest tier at time). Those who haven't got time or will to play that much ... they got the rewards but only once ore twice ... it was up to you to decide how much you are going to play.

MikeyMetro, gun, DocWhisky and 2 others like this.
  9. Frostarch

Frostarch Junior Expert

Guide would be really helpful!

10. trakilaki

Your toon is fairly strong ... these bosses are less powerful than the PW bosses. My ranger has slightly higher damage than your toon.
    Wait for the guide ... a day after the event starts :D

11. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

I'll throw my vote in for you to win a raffle any time you want one. Your wiki page has saved me time and frustration many times over these past 4+ years.

trakilaki likes this.
  12. trakilaki

Dude ... it is a raffle ... that means form something like 50 people probably one per sever will get it.

[​IMG]

It is not mine :p

DocWhisky likes this.
  13. pititu

pititu Forum Apprentice

True, or 1 per all servers ^^

You can farm 10.000.000 badges if you're not Lucky you will have nothing. Maybe with 1.000.000 badges another player will be in the lotery and will get the big mount.

14. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

Yeah, the event is cancer, but at least the cancer doesn't just kill you, it rewards you

Guys, also you have to trust our lord and savior Trakilaki, he'll provide an holy guide to finish the event, his words are infallible, his knowledge is endless. Have faith in him and don't trust those anti-tralikilakists, they are servants of the devil

15. UndergroundKiller

UndergroundKiller Forum Expert

is it a way to say "farm keys" before the event starts?

16. pititu

pititu Forum Apprentice

Sometimes in mode 2 i get 30 badges and sometimes 60. Drop is not regular or maybe there's a tips to get more badges ?

Edit : I think drops on boss without buffs are the following

Mode 2 : 30 (sometimes 60)
    Mode 3 : 40 (sometimes 80)
    Mode 4 : 50 (sometimes 100)

I would like to know if "sometimes" is random or if we have something to do to get double badges.
    If we can get 100 badges on fatal boss everytime, with 1000% buffs, every boss would give 1100 badges and the event is not the same ^^

17. Alex_Thor

Alex_Thor Advanced

drop 30-150 badges from mini or boss, and you need 1 MILLION badges. After you get max buff, you will be tired and sleeping.........and you need more 1000 runs.
    Devs what you think?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  18. IceMagician

IceMagician Forum Greenhorn

In my opinion it is a event that involves a lot of grinding before the event starts. But it is not imposible and it has very good rewards.

I think that the best way could be to farm at least 3131 keys before the start of the event and i will explain it. Yes it could be seen like a terrible amount of keys but on FBI map we can easily farm it and you have 10 days till the beginning of the event. So basically with 300 keys each day, you will be able to finish the event and get those rewards.

An here comes the numbers. If the max buff is +1000% and you need stack it 100 times, we will need to kill 100 bosses to get the drops and obtain the max buff. With max buff and minimum amount of drop(30) you will obtain 330 badges for each boss which means:
    1000000/330=3030,30303030..... In other words 3031.

And i have chosen painfull mode because it is the most profitable. You have to waste 1 key to enter painfull and you obtain at least 30. If you enter mode 2 or 3 you will spend 2 or 3 keys and you will obtain 40 and 50. But 2x30=60 not 40, and 3x30=90 not 50. Only when you were lucky and you dropped the max amount of badges you will obtain more progres/key. But you could be lucky on painfull too and obtain 60 instead 30 and this will be the best option.

On the other hand, speaking about the time that we must spend on this event. I have read that we will have to spend 2min on killing the boss. I have tried Fatal bosses and i could easily kill them in 20-25secs with only blue ess and not having a perfect pj. And on painful mode with 10-15 secs it is enough.... so if you have to kill 100 bosses to stack the max buff you will have to spend aroun 25min to obtain that max buff (maybe 30 if you kill it slowly). If we don't count that amount of badges that we are going to obtain stacking the buff, we are going to need 3031 boss kills to finish the event. So 3031x15=45.465 seconds, which means 12,63 hours. So in 13 hours you could finish the event. It is clear that most of the players are not going to be able to do it in one single day....so add 100 keys and 25min more for each extra day that you need.

3131 for one day
    3231 for two days
    3331 for three days

If the drops change these numbers obvioulsy will change too.

I just write this because i think that it is not fair to leave all players blind until the day before the event starts. Those prizes are very good and force them to grind brutally during the event, only because a player wants to be one of the 50 players who kill more bosses..... is not fair. If you want to be one of those players just play and do your best, but do not condemn players who may not be able to collect and use that amount of keys in only 15 days. They trust you and always wait for your great guides.... you created a very good wikia but this in my opinion was a bad joke.

sargon234 likes this.
  19. sjwing

sjwing Forum Apprentice

Forgive my noob-ness, but everything in the game is essentially a grind. Leveling up a toon, you grind for experience . We grind for unique drops in bosses or events. We grind to finish events. We grind for glyphs , or gems, or whatever ( its called farming). We grind for leaderboards, or achievements ( kill 100, or 1000 of this or that boss) . PvP quests are grinds to get costume or mounts, etc. upgrading gear takes grinding to get glyphs. We grind for cores.

The point is,pick what works for you in grinding. If I’m “farming” I repeatedly go in to areas for something I want. This new event is no different . The rewards make it attractive to many. I’ll be doing it. If I’m going to grind/farm/get more glyphs/ get more gems / have a change of pace ... I’m all for it. You don’t have to finish. Some of us will try to push all the way through. It’s what we do when playing.
    I’m sorry if I don’t understand the grind /cancer/ unable to do thoughts. It’s all a grind , but some of us don’t mind it , for the rewards are what we do it for.
    I’m looking forward to the event. I guess I’m result driven, and am not “mindlessly” farming . I have purpose in what I do.
    I apologize if I’m wrong or offend anyone- not my intent. I just don’t get the issue. We do it anyway , so why not go for nice reward bar?

gun likes this.
  20. pititu

pititu Forum Apprentice

R201_1 is now online and things changed. Buff is now working. I made 4 boss painful (mode 2) and i got :

83 with buff +10%
    180 with buff +20%
    117 with buff +30%

That mean base values has been increased and was :

So we need many less keys and time to finish it :)

I not tryed other modes.

gun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.