Feedback R209 Patchnotes & Game Rebalancing Guide Feedback

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, May 4, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iselda

Iselda Advanced

At the moment the mobs appear to be too strong :( it's not a balance!

Besides, today I cannot enter pvp (got a clover in dailies..). The clock is on (resets each time when a map is changed), but that little window with "enter" doesn't appear. I've never before had such issues :( Dunno what to do now... Tried resetting the game,but it didn't help.

2. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

Well, i like the pve buff for the mages, they quite helped me to farm, a shame too see the nerf to destruction and meteor
    As far as farming, i could easily deal with inf3 maps solo, bosses not so much

Now in inf 3 i have to pay attention, because dying so far is much more likely, but i guess that's going to change once i unlock more wisdom and i put more points into defense, so far i was able to solo easily inf 1 with bosses,i can manage to do that too

I only tested heredur of course and q3 which are the easiest q and boss of the game, i haven't tried the other maps, i think they could quite similar with the exception of mortis and khalys
    Perhaps i wouldn't be able to solo inf 2 bosses anymore, that can be an inconvenience in the short term

Well, it was predicted that people would be indirectly nerfed but after gaining wisdom people should regain their offensive and defensive power,i suggest not freaking out and continue farming

I love the new group talents

Ignore the scaling normal dungeons, hunting wisdom runes might have been worth it only if they dropped frequently, but since they do not, the easiest way to farm wisdom is to do the parallel worlds bosses

3. tassadar1977

tassadar1977 Forum Expert

back to farming painful for me. mobs do much more damage than before and I die a lot quicker even though gained some HP. plus mini-bosses regenerate to full health when you die on some maps (Q6 M1 in this case). Did 1 run on inf2 to black night and died 10 or so times where before I could do that with ease.
    seems that some monsters have bleeding attacks as I kept losing health, but there was no icon to show I had any effect on me. also once I got hit and a wide aura appeared round the char, but again no icon to say I had some negative effect on me.

4. Jhinstalock

Jhinstalock Active Author

A lot of you have said that you die much easier now. What you seem to have missed, is that health orbs drop a lot less frequently now, and even minibosses don't always drop a 100% health sphere. The lack of healing from those is why you never come out of a small fight fresh with full health. I think we have to put more focus in the wisdom tree on heal upon kill to make up for this huge loss.

GoldenBoy likes this.
  5. Paavelsons

Paavelsons Regular

well dev would say for that choose wisely, this point allocation syystem is way better than before

(tshoose) (tsoos) (shoose) i dont know.

GoldenBoy likes this.
  6. bigfoot_pi

bigfoot_pi Someday Author

infernal2 is supposed to be 30% less damage from monsters and 29% less armor. it plays like its the other way around. like they increased the dmg and armor 30%. this update is screwed. i am totally nerfed. example-a trolls thrown rock was about 15k damage pre-update, now its 27k. this is so messed up.
    ps- yes, i cranked my wisdom on dmg and hp back up to where it was pre-update

--- MERGED ---

did some more playtesting- cranked my hp and damage as high as could go. the champions/leader class do more damage even on painful. i used to be able to tank those guys. now i have to "stick and move" and keep moving so i dont get clubbed, shot or bouldered. the crazed troll leaders are club crazy

--- MERGED ---

items received bug- when, for example, you receive a lockpick or gem refiners from daily rewards, it will report onscreen that you received the total amount of those you have in inventory instead of only 1 or 5. and you only get 1 or 5.

Last edited by moderator: May 31, 2018
  7. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

That "no change" or reduction of monsters certainly doesn't appear to have happened.

Yep, noticed that right away and coupled with the extra punch delivered by the monsters, this really impacts us.

Yes, despite this reduction I am unable to go through inf maps now. (This parts hurts the most for me personally).

The boost in monsters and the boost in bosses outweighs the good things (initially) that this update was supposed to be about.

The rate of wisdom drops is not nearly enough. Supposedly the wisdom runes are dropping, but haven't seen any yet. Yeah, yeah, like all the things we need, it is based on random generated luck....

This could have been a very good update, but since I'm a very casual player to begin with it will obviously take considerable time to get back to the point where I can farm infernal maps. This isn't going to encourage me to play more and certainly isn't going to encourage me to spend money like the dev's were obviously hoping for.

8. RainingBlood666

RainingBlood666 Forum Apprentice

In Q3 InfII the trolls used to hit me for 9k dmg. Now its about 16-21k.
    I won't even mention how its going on inf III xD.

But after all it's not so hard as i though it would be.
    As a ranged class with a 2H glasscanon build, I just gotta play smart.

After some months farming wisdom it will be easier than now.

GoldenBoy likes this.
  9. -metzelmaschine-

-metzelmaschine- Forum Greenhorn

These 30% extra DMG are like 500 in stats, dont worry about it, its nothing

10. Jhinstalock

Jhinstalock Active Author

Just a little tip for all of you. Put a few points into Hangman's Pride in order to stay healthy. 80 hp per kill doesnt sound like much, but that's a potential 4000 if you max it out for some reason.

GoldenBoy likes this.
  11. ZantezukKken

ZantezukKken Someday Author

Please if Admin here are more activ than on my forum, thx BP for this release but when wisdow is the center of the NEW things... it should be cool to get Runes of wisdow who are working xD i have some +6 or 7 and still 0 effect with stack of 2, 4.. xD.. 145 lvl to farm, ok np^^ but with usual Runes :)

Sry for my english^^

12. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

A guildie of mine mentioned this as well. No difference in dropamount when using the wisdom rune.

So here s my little problem. Before we could choose for more mana which would give +25 mana. This was perfect for me, cause i could fire 3 consecutive ice spheres instead of 2. Now with the new system in place, i can get a maximum of 20 mana and now i can fire 2 ice spheres, wait a second (or fire a magic missile or 2) and then the third, which really annoys the crap out of me. It makes me feel slower and less powerful. and maybe i just wasted my points by investing in mana resource. So please increase the cap to 25 mana. Or more ;)

13. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

The rel is just fine, we had time to prepare, i prepared a new shield for my new needs, and i still need to take some extra steps to be even better than before.
    The changes were online for more than a month, you knew what skills you will loose. Yesterday i tanked inf2-3 modes, Group stats are helpful and makes the farming easier.

14. N55X08

N55X08 Forum Greenhorn

I see so many people saying how great this Update is. Whats wrong with you? Do you really like being nerfed like this after so many hours/years?

Before you say that I am just a weak Player, let me say that I dont mind new dificulty, in fact, this could be quite fun, as the Game was getting quite repetitive.
    BUT
    The drop is as bad as always, nothing changed with the drop, so how can you say that it is great what this Update did? Now you have to go back and Farm all over again, only diference, this time it's more dificult and will will take more time. If you fancy doing that, that's fine, I wont.

In my case, I reached lvl 55 some weeks ago, and trough farming a lot I was able to solo PW in fatal with blue comfortably. Now Guess what, I go painful with blue and struggle like hell. For what? I have Tier3 gear, and nothing of the EDIT dropped in Mod 1 is good enough to use.
    Apart from that, the same stuff I got farming painful for 1 hour, now I have to Farm painful for like 2 or 3 just to get the same.
    So, do how you want, but I know for Sure that I wont be farming Double the time to get the same stuff as before, this doesnt seam fair, if you players think this is great I really dont understand you.

P.D. The devs want to implant a MOBA Style PvP, where all you gear, gems, glyphs etc wont count anymore, if they so then you are farming for nothing right now.
    Better to leave now instead of being screwed hard again in the future.
    It Hurts me to leave this Special Game, but honestly, it's not what it was anymore, and it is only getting worse.

Bye

Last edited by moderator: May 31, 2018
    C8ilutzu likes this.
  15. C8ilutzu

C8ilutzu Forum Greenhorn

I really can't understand how a normal mod can give me more dmg than a boss... really?
    i don't see good thing in increasing so much the difficulty of the mobs...old player are still strong (maybe stronger) and the new players go thru hell just to get to a boss ( btw at the moment a boss is the only thing that a DK can tank, god help us if a normal mod crit twice)
    A fellow player said early in a post that is a hell to get to boss map and it is so true...players above lvl 55 get one shot if a mob crit once and the tank can't take more than 3 hits...

16. edrogers58

edrogers58 Regular

1 Lag
    2 Brown Screen exiting maps and PVP
    3 Crashes
    4 Bug.point developers thought about the PVP set up very well they knew it was there money bag so now the gap between Free Players and P2W has gotten even bigger
    5 More people leaving game
    I do not play as much as I did and I can say I will be on even less now
    Congrats on ruining what was a great game 4-5 years ago

17. heror

heror Forum Baron

The group play for mages is so diverse now. And from what i and many other ppl say is that this patch is really good. I dont understand why so many ppl say its horrible. Yes mobs got stronger but in return the bosses got weaker , justa shift in power , the end of the story

18. surmazter

surmazter Forum Greenhorn

Hi,
    I can declare myself as occasional player, so playing once/two/three times a week, enjoying to play events, but also playing "Parallel word" quests. My highest character is 46lvl and before this change I've difficulties to play "Parallel word" quests on "Painful" difficulty, but it was challenging and I've enjoying it, now it is very hard, not so enjoyable. I see that people here saying about "Infernal I/II/III", they can use lesser degree of difficulty, but what about us, weaker players or new players? In my honest opinion changes regarding wisdom/skill tree is great, but changing monster toughness is unbalanced. This will create greater difference between new/old players because new players will not been able to be competitive.

Best regards

P.S. now it seems that after I boost wisdom "damage", damage that I do to the monsters are less then before (I need to shoot them more in quantity for them to fall)

19. molnijanx

molnijanx Someday Author

1st day I was angry, but now kinda realizing releas is not bad, but still mobs i think to strong. I can`t normaly farm lvl1 PW with tank, but can tank lvl4...

20. Veηom

Veηom Forum Apprentice

So far destruction has been a must for me and I never thought I'd ever replace it ,but the reworked frozen sphere and lightning strike's new talent make up for it 100%.Guardian is dying even more frequently than before,which is both negative and useful (Guardian's death group talent).Regenerating hp per killed enemy is for me the best talent (3999 hp per killed enemy is sweet).Ever since I started using it,I die a lot less,so for me it's a necessity.Being able to change the experience/wisdom and group talents the way that premium users did before,saves me from a lot of tedious adjustments,when entering the boss-room.I think bosses can be stunned every 20-30 seconds,not 10.When we get more wisdom and group talent points, I guess we 'll be farming with more ease...time will tell.

GoldenBoy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.