R210 + Stormball Event 2 + Big Game Hunt 2

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by trakilaki, Jun 7, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heror

heror Forum Baron

dude im reading it in the game right now and it says : deals +25% dmg to enemies COVERED in frost, you dont get it[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

@KubQn i dont know who forced you to use q7 but of anything q4 os potent now too. I dont know who " forced" you to use q7 but people who dont like diversity should just shut because those are the people that dont know what they are talking most of the time
    + you miss something in the maths Magic msisle deals physical dmg and some bosses got increased armor thus you wont hit that much while if you hit arachna you will deal lets say even more dmg with ice spells .

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  2. Kaydranzer

Kaydranzer Someday Author

Wow something is wrong here. My game is in german and its clearly says frozen. Seems like a problem related to the translation from english to german.

heror likes this.
  3. heror

heror Forum Baron

Well if you think about it no matter how they freeze you the end is that you are frozen XD so i guess there is some logic related to real life or maybe no :D

Kaydranzer likes this.
  4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I don't understand you people ... I am using a weapon without broken buffs and bonuses and I am still doing great.
    I don't care if someone can kill a boss even 1 minute faster than me.
    Not all rangers are using Hoaxbows and q7 or Witch Seeker sets.
    Customize your game play to skills not to sets.
    If they reduce the concentration costs on EA I would be able to spam EAs all over the place without any set ... as for Deadly Blow ... just because you don't use it it doesn't mean it is not useful. Deadly Blow is one of the most useful ranger's skills ... you should try it.

5. Kaydranzer

Kaydranzer Someday Author

I remember when you made a video, showing me that SW were decent at boss killing. It went from 2 min to 30 seconds in comparison. But SM got buffed equally. You may not care about kill times, but you should. Its not about that either, its about that classes can farm at double or triple speed than others and thats not healthy for the game. Means if i farm 2 hours a day as a SW, a SM farms 1hour for equal results.

Most people here dont have unlimited time to compensate for choosing SW back in the day when he was good. So tell me traki. Is that what "balance" looks like?

6. -mauricio22-

-mauricio22- Forum Apprentice

Hello friends:
    I have a theme: modification of set herald.
    The bonus is finished by killing the first mouster or objective.
    1 for the mechanics: they modified the turrets, they force them to use heavy shot. the heavy shot consumes 3 seconds, and if this bonus is finished killing the first moustruo or objective. My question is what are you going to play with?
    2 the wizards, the warriors, the hunters do not have time of use in this ability. the mechanics yes.
    3 we cry for new maps, new set, more levels 1,2,3,4,5,6 and 7, we are tired of playing the same parallels. This modification makes things worse.
    4 If you modify this set, eliminate the heavy firing time.

I say this because I saw it, on the test server

7. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

Well, if you want to use your time efficiently you have to be the fastest, in order to farm more efficiently

I think the lizard men are behind the hoaxbows, they want to dominate the world by introducing those hoaxbows, they send subliminal messages and mind control you

heror likes this.
  8. heror

heror Forum Baron

Uh m8 you high or smt ?If Heavy shot took 3 seconds then why dwarfs make 5-6 times this atack in one 3 sec herald buff hmmmm ?
    Tired of playing PWs ? Well they gave you scaling dungeons with double the loot if you dont like them then dont your problem i quite enjoy going back to these old maps :D ( if anyone has played PeE the scaling dungeons remind me of the end game maps there and its awesome) :)
    Wizards anbd wariors dont have only q7 so ye cry me a river. For the rangers i dont know consult with the almighty god @trakilaki he is better suited in that area for rangers without q7

9. FlVit972

FlVit972 Forum Greenhorn

I' m not a q7 user lol i use q4 and I don't use with secker set and i never used it. And yet I know that if not all mage use these set there is a majority. I always used q8 but I was forced to remove it to put q1torso because BP dont want to make effect on boss and make q8 useless, instead of up the base damage

10. heror

heror Forum Baron

Read what we wrote above about q8

11. Shiro

Shiro Padavan

Don't worry about your country flag, there's another World Cup in 4 years.

About Q7 I didn't understand one thing: the buff stops working if you kill the enemy hit by net/c-14/groundbreaker/meteor with said skills or with any skill?

12. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Dragan Set Laser

[​IMG]

EA explodes when hitting obstacles ... again

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    meurerplay likes this.
  13. Moot

Moot Active Author

I'm happy to inform you all that the ice missiles with q8 is indeed bugged and deals 65% / missile instead of 30% and will get fixed in R211, and the Q7 nerf is not happening, because it's just a tooltip error. Cheers!

meurerplay likes this.
  14. heror

heror Forum Baron

Duh we all knew it was a bug... i dont know why you are so happy .....
    Ofc they wont nerf q7 how else are they gonna deliver the BS Spam q7 meta for even more years.

15. Crawler89

Crawler89 Forum Greenhorn

i just went on ts until the release is ready to try and get some costumes and flags but the event is not on anymore

16. .RakshaRanja.

.RakshaRanja. Forum Pro

My two cents on SW's sigris' set.

If a8 set is op and "bugged" (ignoring the fact that small % of mages is using a8 for SOME reason) what about SM's bonuses?

Short mechanical turret math:
    Mechanical turret inherits 100% SM's dmg. Each bullet deals 100% base damage. During mechanical turret's lifetime it shoots out 16 bullets.

Mechanical turret without a8 set >>> (16*100%*1,1)/10 = 176% dmg/sec
    Mechanical turret with a8 set >>> (45*100%*1,1)/10 = 495% dmg/sec

*45 bullets not 48 (max) assuming, that first salvo is 1 bullet, second is 2 bullets and every next is 3 bullets.

495%/176% = 2,8125

Short ice missile math:
    I'll split this section in 4 - pre r209, r209, r210, r211. Let's assume we're dealing with mage using 2,000 breakpoint.

Additionally, I'd like to notice that in every section I took into consideration the "Biting Frost" talent (increased damage to enemies covered in frost) which doesn't work on bosses. Please notice that because of that SW's damage output from ice missile will be 20% lower (4/5).

pre r209
    Ice missile without a8 set deals 40% or 50% (x1,25) base damage if it hits enemy covered in frost.
    Each of 3 ice missiles with a8 set deals 30% or 37,5% (x1,25) base damage if it hits enemy covered in frost.

Ice missile without a8 set >>>> 2*50% = 100% dmg/sec
    Ice missile with a8 set >>> 2*3*37,5% = 225% dmg/sec

225%/100% = 2,25

r209
    Ice missile without a8 set deals 50% or 62,5% (x1,25) base damage if it hits enemy covered in frost.
    Each of 3 ice missiles with a8 set deals 40% or 50% (x1,25) base damage if it hits enemy covered in frost.

Ice missile without a8 set >>>> 2*62,5% = 125% dmg/sec
    Ice missile with a8 set >>> 2*3*50% = 300% dmg/sec

300%/125% = 2,4

r210
    Ice missile without a8 set deals 75% or 93,75% (x1,25) base damage if it hits enemy covered in frost.
    Each of 3 ice missiles with a8 set deals 65% or 81,25% (x1,25) base damage if it hits enemy covered in frost.

Ice missile without a8 set >>>> 2*93,75% = 187,5% dmg/sec
    Ice missile with a8 set >>> 2*3*81,25% = 487,5% dmg/sec

487,5%/187,5% = 2,6

r211
    Ice missile without a8 set deals 75% or 93,75% (x1,25) base damage if it hits enemy covered in frost.
    Each of 3 ice missiles with a8 set deals 30% or 37,5% (x1,25) base damage if it hits enemy covered in frost.

Ice missile without a8 set >>>> 2*50% = 187,5% dmg/sec
    Ice missile with a8 set >>> 2*3*37,5% = 225% dmg/sec

225%/187,5% = 1,2

In comparison: SM|SW

pre r209 - sadly, I dont know mechanical turret's percentages pre r209

r209
    without set - 176%|125%
    with set - 495%|300%

r210
    without set - 176%|187,5%
    with set - 495%|487,5%

r211
    without set - 176%|187,5%
    with set - 495%|225%

Somebody can say "but why are you comparising SM's skill, that costs half of his base resources with skill that not only dont have any cost but is attack speed reliant too?" and that would be the most reasonable argument I could hear but it's kinda not. There are many differences between these skills but they have something in common too. I wont bother with comparing them precisely since this wouldnt prove anything. Let's just say that both are one of the main damage sources (main damage source for SM is heavy shot and for SW it's sphere) while using a8 set.

This is how (in my opinion) a8 set should be fixed:

"Biting frost" should be changed too for the sake of clean numbers and adjusting it to set changes.

- Ice missile
    - Base damage 75% >>> 66%
    - Biting frost
    - Increased damage vs enemies covered in frost +25% >>> +20%

This is how damage after these changes would look like:

r211
    - ~66% (66,(6)%) without set
    - ~80% (79,(9)% without set with biting frost
    - 50% with set
    - 60% with set with biting frost

Sorry for any grammar mistakes. English is not my native language but I feel like my own forum doesn't matter as much as eng one.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  17. heror

heror Forum Baron

This wall of math holy man :D. Even after reading it 4 times i quite dont get your idea. And again why do you even compare them ?
    Mages set doesnt work on bosses while dwarfs do .For mages is kinda main clearing tool for mobs while for dwarfs its a support set that gives the the unlimite perma BS spam q7 untill the end of enternity . With r211 ice missle with the set will again deal 3x30= 90 % . So ye
    No idea what are you even saying . The r 211 suggestion are kinda messed up and i dont get them what do you mean base dmg down and dmg when frost going down ???? why unnecesary nerf to a set which already overrides the base dmg from 75 to 30 i dont get it.

18. .RakshaRanja.

.RakshaRanja. Forum Pro

Hello, read again.
    This is a suggestion to change a8 set to lower damage of ice missile not to flat 30% but lower it to 75% of base ability damage (pre 209 damage % relation | 40% without set, 30% with set | 30/40 = 0,75).
    On the bottom of my post you have everything calculated.
    Flat 30% is unfair and crap for a8 users and many mages whom were using a8 were hyped for both r209 buff and r210 buff which is now considered a "bug".

If you dont get my post then sorry but I can't explain it better and clearer.

Also, what do you mean "why do you compare them"? It's like asking "why do you compare a8 set of DK and Hunter". SM's a8 isnt exactly a support set if one turret is dealing 4950% of damage in total, hello? Also make it twice since SM can use two turrets at the same time ;) Let's add up 80% crit chance with prolly about x4,0 multiplicator which is +/- 33660%. What a great support set, innit?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  19. heror

heror Forum Baron

1St dwarfs are the op class now
    2nd No i dont want this set to become uter broken. PvP is already annoying for ther classes.
    3rd You can compare DK and Rangers Set because they have simmilar efect while mages adn Dwarfs have different excution and serve different purpose,
    4th read what we have written in previous pages in this thread about q8 abd you will get why it isnt buffed

20. .RakshaRanja.

.RakshaRanja. Forum Pro

1) Doesnt matter that they are op atm. This set is unchanged since its release. (excluding crit chance on turrets)
    2) What do you mean broken. You mean actually playable? Why most mages completly ignore a8 set and are using grimmag/witch seeker?
    3) SMs and SWs sets are similar and so are DKs and Hunters
    4) I did and pvp is not a valid argument. Devs clearly said that pvp will be a mess and their focus is pve until pvp patch.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.