R231

Discussion in 'Test Server' started by ΣMiwel, Mar 25, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. couda22

couda22 Forum Commissioner

R231_6:
    • spring festival event dungeon -> difficulty can't be selected any more
    • HP factor of world boss monster ranks has been reduced (for PW world bosses from 20 to 15)
    • HP bonus of secondary boss enchantment has been reduced from 35% to 10%
    EDIT - the HP has been lowered because they probably hit the limit of 32bit signed integer data type. So the R231_7 max HP is set to 2.147G.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    Javah, Geredis and Marsicanus like this.
  2. markopolo22

markopolo22 Forum Greenhorn

Then there will be 60 levels in one upgrade?

3. Marsicanus

Marsicanus Forum Veteran

That's right. Release is 231_7 so I think is that we see in live servers.

I wish ask you some things...if I got you in test server ;)

4. .RakshaRanja.

.RakshaRanja. Forum Pro

Everybody, even inf3 or inf4 players will suffer and I love it.

R220 v2 is coming and everybody will suffer because of people who encourage "developers" to continue this pointless inflation - god bless.

THANK YOU.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    Javah and ΣMiwel like this.
  5. couda22

couda22 Forum Commissioner

Actually, R231_7 is in solo players' favour. HP of PW bosses is lower than in current (R230) version.

Grimmag's HP in R230_8 (please ignore inf5 to inf7):
    [​IMG]
    Grimmag's HP in R231_7:
    [​IMG]
    As you can see the current 100M HP limit is almost reached in R231_7 on Inf4. So for solo players HP of PW bosses on diff. pain to inf3 will be considerably lower than in R230.

6. gbit

gbit Forum General

We do the quarantine so they lowered the curve... :D

Javah, MrBark and ΣMiwel like this.
  7. .RakshaRanja.

.RakshaRanja. Forum Pro

Sure inf3 will have 38M hp less (38% lower hp) BUT from inf4 onwards grimmag will have:

Inf5: 1.9x more hp
    Inf6: 3.4x more hp
    Inf7: 5.5x more hp

than already existing grimmag inf2-4 SOLO.

Can you imagine that if grimmag takes you about 2m NOW it will take you about TWELVE AND A HALF minutes on inf7.

Your damage output wont be higher. Your damage output, in fact, might be lower casue you'll have to use crit deco (no attack speed deco), rings of zeal (no tear holders / spring set), crit helmet (no damage from helmet) and arachna (no mitigation reduction). Players' damage output will be COSIDERABLY LOWER. Might be even close to 20% ON TOP OF MULTIPLYING HP BY 5.5 TIMES.

So if grimmag takes you about 2m now it will take more than FIFTEEN. And that's just killing a boss. Please add another fifteen minutes for map clearing (or more depending on the map size and the amount of mobs you have to kill). On anything higher than inf4 you should be clearing the ENTIRE MAPS for the "special" infernal fragments which makes runs probably 7-8 times slower.

What will be the reward? 800 exo items instead of 80 we get each run?
    Maybe uniques barely anybody cares about nowadays?
    Maybe legendary items that literally nobody cares about?

Cant wait for exo/leg royals ... the map grind for these (sentinels and ESPECIALLY BOSSES) will be so "fun and challening" ... XDDDDDDDD

In group grimmag will have insane amounts of hp which will make not only helping (or boosting [friends or guildies]) pretty much not worth the hassle but will make groupping PUNISHING rather than REWARDING which is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what should be happening in AN MMORPG.

Inf1 5 man: no changes
    Inf2 5 man: 1.65x more hp
    Inf3 5 man: 2.64x more hp
    Inf4 5 man: 4.18x more hp
    Inf5 5 man: 7.8x more hp
    Inf6 5 man: 14.3x more hp
    Inf7 5 man: 21.5x more hp (capped)

Ofc if you're 5 man you deal (perfect case scenario) 5 times the damage you'd deal solo goes from x21.5 to x4.3 assuming everybody in your group deal at least the same damage as you do BUT:

- people might be weaker than you
    - people might die (die more) reducing their damage output
    - people might not exectue their so called "rotation" perfectly reducing their damage output

and many more (essences, pets, breakpoints, crit, crit dmg) ...

Nobody wanted nor liked R220 so they doubled down and R231 is probably twice as punishing as R220 was. Thank you mr. bigpoint and special thanks to COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT (aka hired actor) JESSE - the so called "voice of the community".

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    sargon234, TruthOfZero and ΣMiwel like this.
  8. cogix

cogix Regular

you forget that bosses will have tons of damage, so be ready with many stones and anders to revive

ΣMiwel likes this.
  9. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

I started to see a pattern where you guys see chaos only. I see what they're trying to do now... but it's going to fail miserably... they don't understand how things work.

To everyone who thinks the game is shutting down - games like these follow this pattern when they're about to shut down:
    1. Unstoppable crap coming
    2. Dev team fired, no replacement hired
    3. Game runs without updates for a time
    4. Servers get emptier and emptier
    5. When barely anyone or nobody at all is playing, they shut down
    We're about to enter step one for about 2-3 years now. Since we still haven't entered it, there's still hope...

sargon234 likes this.
  10. .RakshaRanja.

.RakshaRanja. Forum Pro

The best thing about hp cap "bug" is that i reported it on direct dev feedback channel before R220 hit LS and i was specifically told by community management that there is no bug and "how can I know".

And many many more things that apparently are features as well (until its convenient to "change" the features) :)

11. TruthOfZero

TruthOfZero Forum Apprentice

TIER/PLAYERS(1 TO 5 PLAYERS ITS THE SAME)(HP VALUES OF Grimmag FROM R230_8 TO R231_7)
    1X0.61111... //// 1-0.6111..=0,3888... SO 38,88% LESS HP FROM R230_8
    2X0,5294117647058824 ////47,06% of HP REDUCTION
    3X0,475609756097561 ////52,44%
    4X0,4375‬ ////56,25%
    5X0,40909090... ////59,1%
    6X0,3870967741935484 ////61,3% of HP REDUCTION at INFERNAL_3
    7X0,3695652173913043 ////63,04% // inf4
    8X0,3552631578947368 ////64,47%
    9X0,3433734939759036 ////65,66%
    10X0,33333... ////66,66% // inf7
    Now...with +55% of HP REDUCTION it should take half the time to take down a Boss!!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  12. smurfaki

smurfaki Someday Author

The new changes seems so nice to me, i don't understand why some ppl dislike those, every new release the dso makes i like it more than the last one and btw games of bigpoint never close (darkorbit withe more few ppl playing it now) and what if this game become emptier, it will me more fun for me cause i like it to play solo or group with my premades of my guild so idc really about playing with others even if the server get emptier and well yeah i am high end player so. :rolleyes:

13. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

Maybe. Or maybe not.

All these efforts would be almost laughable initially, in the calculation of the critic.

I also think that Zeal's rings mean a little/nothing in so long and hard boss fights.

14. AngryMOB

AngryMOB Forum Apprentice

1. Unstoppable crap coming
    2. Doctors running or infected
    3. Game runs without for a time
    4. Earth gets emptier and emptier
    5. BP files for bankruptcy

15. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Then everyone dies and the zombies play Drakensang on our unused computers.... till the power plant dies.. then they die of boredom too.

16. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

R232 was on TS (it has been reverted back to R231)

[​IMG]

17. vkillerx

vkillerx Forum Pro

Hmm...
    Why was it reverted tho?

18. Totentamten

Totentamten Junior Expert

Maybe they need to rework R231 first :)

19. vkillerx

vkillerx Forum Pro

I very much hope so...

20. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

How should I know? Probably to fix all the bugs ... I mean features ... in R231 :D