r248 Patch #2 good or bad

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Zeals, Mar 31, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Tags:
  1. Dark-Bomber

Dark-Bomber Forum Greenhorn

Hello friends, I've been reading that dwarfs are crybabies, i'll explain something.
    My dwarf is level 88 (bad dwarf sorry but is my account) with wisdom lvl 200, now it is useless because although i have good gems it does not hurt after the nerf, before the nerf oil (r247) i hit 500k critics, now R248 patch#2 to max damage 250k, before i killed dragan
    without help in infernal with red essence and now nor with red essence dead (for the nerf to the oil), because dso just don't do it like before?
    All other classes will say it's ok, but then they need nerf example;
    1-mage (skill singularity) it's broken any good mage hit 24millions damage it´s balanced? another (skill guardian) they distract the boss, and last (skill mind control) with the mages do not move and farm easy.
    2-Ranger or hunter, (skill wolves) with that skill they never die they heal too much but they can distract the boss, (skill explosive arrow) they do break armor and resistances
    3-DK is i do not say anything about the warrior because he is the most nerfed along with dwar
    Some experts here from the forum will say that without videos or evidence, it is only crying.

mage and dk

hunter or ranger

and dwarf release r248 patch 1

dwarf r248 patch 2,i see no difference

I just hope the dso support work on fix or nerf the other classes.
    thanks for reading my post and I look forward to messages of hate different classes ^^

jeampier7370 and Darkness90 like this.
  2. Darkness90

Darkness90 Junior Expert

did you try the second patch as dwarf? if you didn't, this is specially for you. Thanks for your attention!
    [content removed]

Last edited by moderator: Apr 1, 2021
  3. RatsEatingMyCables

RatsEatingMyCables Forum Apprentice

Yes i did. I am playing mage and dwarf since pre-CE state. So i have both of my characters to a high-end level. I can have an opinion so rather not try to play with me. I had specifically recorded a video before Patch 2 came out, because i noticed of how low my damage was when using Oil Slick and Flamethrower. Just for some examples, i was dealing 250k on Infernal before Patch 2 came. It made sense, since the reducement was at -40% instead of -70%. Now, patch 2 came and i do x3 the damage i was doing. That is for solo

Now tell me, why shouldn't i be happy with this change? I am speaking as a Steam Mechanicus like you. Do i really care if mages can kill a boss in 20 seconds, when i can do it in 1 minute? NO I DON'T.. I don't really care if have to spend 40 extra seconds of my life to kill a boss and neither should you

4. Darkness90

Darkness90 Junior Expert

I'm doing solo the same maps as before the first patch. Boss now have no sense. Time now is doble (practically the same as patch1). I'm free to play, i got the rest of classes at 55 lvl but with half of gems/runes/jewells and tiers and around 80-110 wisdom level. I got mech set, briga set, king set, dragon set, kaly's helmet, 2 q5 rings (all of them with min 2x golden base stats). Now the max tier of gems is 5x times greater than before to CE. I don't wanna start again with this agony... even desperally, don't care if i lose my dwarf and can change this for mage but if this keep at this way, with 20 players in city, 4 teams (3 of them decline request team or don't answer to private msg and the other team is doing exp), with half of dust drop, small amounts of wisdom, uniques drop rate... no sense stay here being a dwarf, and believe to me when i say that i don't wanna left the game. If Knowing all this, you don't care about my opinion ; please, refrain from answering...

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  5. Anyki

Anyki User

A kind reminder to abide by the rules of the forums: masked vulgarities are not allowed. Please be respectful of other players on the forums.

As well, having a signature that violates the forum rules... only to replace said signature with another one that also violates forum rules is also a no-no.

6. edrogers58

edrogers58 Regular

Replying to Dark Bomber
    In all honesty I have not got a clue why Mages are crying , they have 4 spam skills they have always had 3 of them. They have Singularity Mind control and Guardian , so IMO if you can not play your mage something is wrong .
    Rangers have some really good skills now yes lost explosive arrow but they still have a lot going for them.
    Mechs I do not know never player one don't interest me at all. My reason behind this is when they were brought into the game every player that could not develop anything else went for a Mech.
    Knights Yes they are nerfed hard in dark legacy but you can still build a decent one just takes a lot of patience and time. Also you now have to group more than before Dark Legacy.
    This game has always had Mages 1st Dwarves were close for a bit.
    I am thankful that Rangers have not been thrown to the shithouse which happened for years.

7. YgBpt

YgBpt Forum Apprentice

No difference after all.All we ask for is 100% fire reduction,i dont care about mages and rangers how op they are.All we want is stability.At this point cant even kill a mini boss on Infernal mode.Its frustrating to play as a SM...How many mechanics do you see online? Everything went downhill......:)

8. Ashe47

Ashe47 Forum Greenhorn

The dwarf update #2 hadn't big difference from #1..
    I have 2 character (1 mage + 1 dwarf). Dwarf is 11 years old player with runes,max and it has everything of all events.
    With fire ess i can kill dragan only in fatal.
    With the mage who is 1 year old player, he don't have runes,kill the dragan in 9 sec mod merci with green ess...
    Is the same?
    I would like to answer an old player in my comment instead of a new player. Thank you for your time.

9. 4NormaL

4NormaL Junior Expert

The dwarf has only one shortage left, that is the second fire resistance reducing ability. If the rocket ability is given fire resistance reduction, the problem is resolved. Other characters have 100% defense reduction with 2 abilities, there should be 1 more fire resistance reduction for dwarf.

10. blackassam

blackassam Forum Expert

https://youtu.be/7PXCly9Aoz8

The oil slick has been wiretapped for a long time.

11. czarodziejedward

czarodziejedward Forum Apprentice

Oh so you got one 3 years before they were released? Damn, how much do you want for your time machine?

Also why is it relevant how long passed since your created your character? Especially considering almost everything got a hard reset with Clown Expansion last december.

12. _Younec_

_Younec_ Forum Apprentice

I agree with 4NormaL - dwarf need a second skill to reduce fire resistance. It could be a rocket or simply Machine gun ! Look at this skill they deal fire dmg and reduce armour ? For my logic it should be a reduce fire resistance.
    All classes have ability to reduce armour or resistance over 100% - but no dwarfs :(

13. Darnilo

Darnilo Forum Greenhorn

Dwarf should get second breaking resist ability, best choice should be getting it from rocket, I'm thinking about all resits not only fire, it would be good mages (ice, fire builds) in group to break resist with singularity and have that 100% break, also in solo runs would be combo with Oil slick to get 100 break.

Rangers blow from EA could take down also resits (i'm thinking about group, for mags and dwarfs) because now it take down only armor and it is good for rangers and DKs rest of group don't have anything from it.

This is only my opinion about it.

14. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

Oh no, i can't kill a boss in under 1 second, this is the end of the dwarf, quick, let's complain everywhere.

--- MERGED ---

In what kind of alternate reality has this ever happened?

You must have played a different game then, because none of what you say describes the history of the game.
    Rangers have been thrown under the bus since level 50 and more since level 55, where they were forced to use only q7 set and dragan set.

Dwarves have consistently been 1st for ages, ever since level 50, which also led to the exclusion of rangers and mages from groups.

It is the some dwarves who are still crying, for some reason, despite the fact that they got what they wanted.

No mage ever uses guardian now, since it is practically useless.
    A level 88 player is not the best source about the game.
    Also, why are you still complaining? you got what you wanted, a child that throws a temper tantrum usually stops once it gets what it wants.

Besides, you're complaining because you don't have it easy as you had before the expansion.
    Also, can you tell how a mage can attack while on the move?
    Still not an argument, so i can only conclude you don't have any.

Last edited by moderator: Apr 2, 2021
    TwiliShadow likes this.
  15. sibano

sibano Padavan

why do I delete what I write ? My 2 Skills for breaking armor are full 10.level fat skill 10.level, but I can't hit 1 million with 281 K critical what's the problem ? Other characters can do 1million damage with less criticism.

16. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Dwarfs do lots of damage to the game with their pointless criticism.

17. spenc

spenc Forum Apprentice

I agree with you

Szenlonggz likes this.
  18. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

All crybabies in general do damage or more correctly, they enable BP to do even more damage to the game, because BP uses their tears to manifacture consent towards destroying a part of the game.

We have seen it with rangers who absolutely wanted 2h weapons, which actually made them dependent on single set for years, and thus EDIT over those who wished to play with longbows and short bows or even those who wanted to use even other siege bows.

We have seen it with EDIT crying about people being able to buy uniques after killing a boss, pretending that buying a unique would somehow make a noob an end game player and pretending that farming materi fragments or drakens to buy a unique wasn't putting an effort( while farming materi fragments needs an effort and a noob was going to take a while to get the required amount), while simoultaneusly pretending that a random drop is proof of more effort put in the game by the players( after all, who needs coherence when you can simply whine like a child about some other people who didn't do anything to yourself, except hurt your feelings because you can't feel special anymore?).

What was the result of the whining of EDIT? Uniques became practically unobtainable thanks to their whining, as the drop rate was very bad and the trader was removed.
    The thing is, the trader was simply a bandaid to cover a gaping wound that was caused by the insanely unfair random drop system of the game, because if the drop rates were actually good( as in, uniques dropped frequently), no trader would ever be needed.
    And now thanks to them we still have this problem with random, for example in the case of the brigavik uniques where people are struggling to get them because the door appears so rarely and when it appears it doesn't drop the uniques, despite the best effort of players to get them.
    At the very least these powerful uniques should be able to be crafted at the workbench.

If i was ever able to get them, would it be because i put effort? no, it would be because after i gambled my infernal fragments i simply got them, while instead if i crafted them after farming the resources i would have put an effort to actually get them.

And we have seen this when a bunch of germans saw the result of crafting 2.0 in its initial version,an axe by baragain, which was good, and jumped to ridicolous conclusions, whining like children which enabled BP to ruin crafting 2.0.

And to be honest, i find these last two examples of crybabies to be much worse than the minority of dwarves crying right now, because their whining did far more damage to the game, if not unrepairable damage.

Last edited by moderator: Apr 6, 2021
  19. cigarbennett

cigarbennett Board Analyst

It is bad.

20. sibano

sibano Padavan

248. patch is getting worse than bad thanks..