Ranger Longbow Discussion

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by BigBongo, Jan 9, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

anyway long bows dont have high stat like double hand DK swords..so its usless in pve and pvp even if u find over 100% damage increase still u have to put rubies on it so it turns to be same damage like speedy bows

2. Jettemee

Jettemee Junior Expert

Honestly, I would love to see a true 2H weapon for the ranger. Though I would lose defense, I would enjoy getting the most bang for my essence use.

I don't think rangers could even hit that hard. Rangers can do 300% base dmg on marked targets with Precision Shot, and DKs can do 240% base dmg with Smash. Keep in mind that while rangers can do massive damage, they are using 33 concentration points while DKs only use 20 rage points. That in of itself shows that DKs have more efficiency on dmg/rage or concentration ratio. Thereby with the massive base dmg that can be achieved by DKs using very good two handed swords, no ranger I have ever seen could possibly compare to that. If DSO were to change longbows into a true 2H weapon and doing away with bucklers/quivers for the 2H setup, rangers could be on par with the likes of the strong 2H DKs offensively. But one thing lacks, the natural defense of a DK still trumps that of a ranger.

DKs that think rangers are too strong, you obviously don't realize how strong you guys are. The damage part is balanced in its own right, you just aren't looking at the behind-the-scenes calculations. If you wanna nerf rangers' double damage ability, then expect rangers to be able to shoot more Precision Shots for the losses thereof. I've already explained it above. I play PvP on all classes so I'm not lacking in knowledge.

3. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Yes ... you are right. Logic or not ... they are coming only with 1H weapon enchantments.

4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Then I guess by that same logic, the shields and quiver are no hand "off hand" items.:p

5. p€rRµ$h

p€rRµ$h Active Author

then you should clearly know that the big difference between a RA/SW and a DK is dat the previous are RANGED. SW and RA can run around and still hit without being hit themselves. DK's always get hit first before they can hit something. In PvP this is a HUGE disadvantage.

And not only in PvP. If a DK go out farming, he has the walk to his victim while the other classes can stay on the shortest path and only go off to pick some loot. DK's have been the slack sheep for a loooong time.

6. Jettemee

Jettemee Junior Expert

That's why they have abilities that help them chase their opponents. Also, DK's have high tanking capacity to help offset the loss of range. I don't see a problem here. I generally get outrunned by DKs that know how to use angles and stuns correctly. Keep in mind that ranged fighters can't run (except the ranger's Blade Dance) when they're using their abilites, which goes in favor for DKs. I think your argument is weak to be honest.

7. p€rRµ$h

p€rRµ$h Active Author

if being ranged is a weak argument to justify a lower dmg/s then we have different opinions :)

8. Jettemee

Jettemee Junior Expert

Well, I think we have our differences. But as you know, 2H DKs have potentially the highest dmg of any class. In PvE, DKs are most likely the most powerful class overall due to high sustainability and their potential power. In PvP, I can understand what you mean but like I said, that's why there are skills and the huge defense that balances for lack of range. One thing I'm peeved by in PvP is the slowing effect, and I would vouch for that to be nerfed. That would help out the only melee class tremendously. The point of a DK is to be a tank, not a natural assassin; but you do have that option. Last time I checked, Daywaker2 from Balor is a DK with the rank of Grand Master and his stats are crazy. That can speak for the potential of the class itself. Back to rangers and their longbow, I think they should have a comparable 2H weapon to that of other classes. Their essence consumption would be more economically efficient.

And please, I didn't mean to offend you with my "weak argument" statement if I happened to.

9. NightWalker

NightWalker Board Analyst

Longbows are actually quite trash compared to short bows. I have already stated this fact long ago. First of all, the attack speed of a longbow is only 0.83 with only a bit more base dmg than shortbows. Furthermore, the stats of longbows go NOWHERE near as high as 2h weapons and not even much higher than shortbows. I believe that a good fix would be to bump the talent tree(as Bargain mentioned something like 40% should be good) and the base speed to 0.91 as it is still a "1h" weapon.

On the topic of DKs, DKs are seriously very OP (especially in PVE). I wonder why only DKs post mortis solo videos with only red ess and no pots or even blue. :rolleyes: There are spender DKs, spender SWs, spender rangers, and spender dwarfs but only crazy DKs. The main problem lies in a DK's dmg and regen/lifesteal. 40% block rate does not correspond to 40% dmg increase. dmg increase should be lowered to 25%. Also, mighty swing should have a longer cool down so life steal isn't insane. Rage gained from monsters in PVE should also be decreased (especially on boss). Oh, and I hate 30 minute TDM matches with 2 DKs regaining HP like crazy. That should be fixed as well. Something like locking down hp regen in exhaustion should give people more incentive not to run. However, I do believe that a DK's early game can be buffed.

DKs are very strong in pvp as well lol. There are just too many unskilled DKs. I certainly hope a 5th class isn't coming out.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  10. SiL3nT_OnE

SiL3nT_OnE Forum Apprentice

I think Long Bows are really cool in PVP becouse you get few chances to strike players, like when you or someone else stuns them,and you need to deal maximmum damage at that time,long bow lets you do that. One hunting arrow and 3 or 6 precision shots would kill almost anyone...

11. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Its not the DK talent tree, its the intersection of the 2H damage bonus from the warlord set, bumping 2H weapon damage% lines to 80%, armor % gems and mortis being the only boss worth a damn (and dropping 3 items worth getting for dks). A solo mortis killing dk almost certainly has a high damage 2H, the warlord set, and the best combine it with a high armor chestpiece with armor% gems. Before these things existed very few dks took 2H.

Also, if destructor (and maybe khalys) had better drops and the three "hard bosses" scaled to level 45 with better level 45 drops, there might be less complaining.

12. NightWalker

It does not take a warlord set for DKs to reach 2k+ dmg. 2h DK was already strong before. The real broken part is the wep % and flat dmg being bumped WAY too high in 2h weapons in the new patch

and this must be sarcasm I'm seeing.

SiL3nT_OnE likes this.
  13. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Same old long bow
    (all my gems are in my dark set)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

mokranje likes this.
  14. @9ndrei If you have got an issue with a reply that you received from Support, take it up with that support team. Don't harp on about it here in the forum. And, since your in-game reg'd language is Romanian, definitely don't discuss the content/nature of your discussions with the Romanian Support here in the ENGLISH Forum. Cheers.

15. fab

fab Advanced

GIve them a double handed weapon and take away the marking thingy, most of the rangers complain is getting killed or not able to kill other characters fast enough.
    Eagles kill more people than thunder strike :confused:
    Wolves got so much resistance
    Maybe u should ask for a invincible character that cant be killed :D
    Play a spellweaver and the forum will flood with your cries:D

16. yeomanry

yeomanry Advanced

Mate. STATS! Why you gotta be so cruel?

17. NightWalker

huh? you only say that cause you only player SW. Try playing more than 1 class first before u suggest something like this. SW lightning chain destroys people easy without even the need to hit everyone because one guy (or even wolf/guardian) gets hit, everyone near dies....

18. fab

fab Advanced

Why dont u play a spellweaver instead and see how squishy they are compare to other class:rolleyes:
    Chain lightning only works up to 3 mobs maximum, dont forget rangers summon 3 wolves and 4 character is themsleves so they cant be hit.
    Experience rangers knows exactly where they should stand to avoid getting hit by those chain of lightning, should i say that their eagles kill more people than lightning strikeo_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.