Ranger - Predator

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Buyon, Jun 24, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Buyon

Buyon Forum Apprentice

Hello,

I started a ranger char not long ago (lvl 67 at the moment) so after doing some research, I am curious if anyone had the chance of dropping Predator for Ranger on simple maps and not in Parallel World? (if yes, which ones?)

P.S. Does anyone have any suggestions on which maps are best to farm for unique drops (Ranger)?

2. Talbor

Talbor Advanced

I know I dropped it from Hagastove Grove & the Great Desert & a few different PW maps. I'm not sure what the minimum lvl is to drop one since it's been so long for me. I would say definitely painful mode, but more likely it was excruciating+ I currently have a lvl 135 Predator waiting on a better 145 version to drop. I've dropped a few 145's but they weren't as good as the 135. PW Hagastove Grove also drops Arachnaes' Revenge (Shortbow I think)which feels really close to my Predator, so you could double your odds of loading a good weapon. It doesn't have +concentration, but with my setup I don't usually have an issue with running out of concentration.

I wouldn't worry too much about farming uniques though until you hit lvl 100 since you'll be replacing all your current eq, but I really like farming the Great Desert though because it repops so no need to re-enter the map and it has the Sentinel you can farm keys, but I usually have pretty good luck dropping various runes to.

When I started again after they increased the cap to lvl 100 & I got to lvl 100, that's where I gradually increased difficulty levels & improving my gear. Once I was comfortable doing Merciless I started doing some PW boards.

From what I can tell, some of the Uniques you'll want will vary depending on your play-style/skills used. I've had a hard to time finding any updated information on gear, so that's how I started & am still grinding along. Good luck!

Buyon likes this.
  3. Buyon

Buyon Forum Apprentice

Thank you! I farm Great Desert right now too while also trying to set in stone the best playstyle for me :) At least now I know the Predator doesn't drop only on PW maps :)

4. Talbor

Talbor Advanced

You're welcome! You can load some good gear there to help get ready for PW. Depending how much you farm the sentinel, you can use the bone coins from the sentinel to buy temp damage boosters that last 2 hours if you need.

Buyon likes this.
  5. Buyon

Buyon Forum Apprentice

Once again, thank you for the advise. To be honest did not consider the boosters other than crit up to this point but will try )

Talbor likes this.