Rare items from bosses

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ItzStam, Feb 24, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. ItzStam

ItzStam Someday Author

Lets say there is a rare item that i can get from a boss and i need to kill that boss 40-50 times to get this item. Do i have to kill it 40-50 times one after the other without stop playing, or is my "progress" saved and i can continue the farming the day after or even later and still get the item one day?

2. Zoltan

Zoltan Junior Expert

Totally random. you may get first run or it may take more than 40-50 runs. it does not store stats and give item after certain amount of runs

3. IKILLGIANTS

IKILLGIANTS Active Author

Call it "luck" ... to some drops easy to others drops only after a ton of grinding,you jump in and see how is gonna be for you,be aware that most of the "rare items" can be bought so you might consider this option

4. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Theoretically there is no such mechanic... but I'm not sure how their PRNG works.

What we know about the PRNG for sure:
    • "either you get it or you don't" - if you don't get it quickly, you're out of luck
    • drop rate of everything varies between people, their characters and is different in time
    • when you get one drop of a unique, there seems to be a higher chance to get another one on the same day
    • it's generally not fair
    • it favours the bold
    • it favours the stupid
    • it's stupid itself
    • items you don't need drop way more often
    • usually you'll get items you were just going to purchase with no intention of getting them from drop
    • it's defiant
    • have I said it's unfair already?

sargon234, Zoltan, MikeyMetro and 2 others like this.
  5. nikatar

nikatar Junior Expert

The fact that it is completely random, it is not making it stupid or unfair.......I wanted khalis cloak lvl6 and i went with a mage and he got it first time while i had to spend over than 1k+ keys to get it(no joke)! I was angry but i never said that it was unfair....i just was unluky! Something at this game must be hard at once so some players are better than others, at stats or even at appearence! I dont know if you are an old player but years ago you couldnt even buy a uniq item from boss for example gorga or q bosses! If now is unfair those days what was it?!
    :)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    VoulaAek1 likes this.
  6. lovatic66

lovatic66 Junior Expert

The only drop I know for sure is mortis, 5% other players, 0% for me, more than 500 deaths in the last 2 months. :)

7. deliburan78

deliburan78 Advanced

I'm with bad drop too , very often I buy item because I don't have drop, soon after buying , sometimes next day I have drop - the same item. Two green recipes for royal gem 1 months after buying, q7 bow drop 2 months after buying , and more , and more ... with one except- mortis ring, after 800+ kills one morning the knight in m1 drop it with good stats , next morning the beatle in map 2 drop second ring with gold crit base ;)

navelko likes this.
  8. ItzStam

ItzStam Someday Author

thanks guys, so basically i just gotta kill bosses again and again and hope for the best

9. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

and the anedocte you provided is the textbook example of unfairness, you had to spend 1k keys to get the cloak, while the other spent 6 keys

But broken RNG is not difficulty, it's an annoyance, stop confusing the two things

Yes, in the old days it was unfair
    By the way, many uniques are still not buyable, is mortis ring buyable? Is khalys' cloak buyable?
    there, we have unfairness here