Suggestion Recommended Methods for Crafting 2.0

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by _Baragain_, May 18, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

You wan't to bet i will craft weapon faster than them? :D
    But then I would be "dry" and it would take me significant time to collect gold for the next item. And after that more time for the next one ... and so on ...

2. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

What if they do... You still have upto 17 other items to contend with. So your point is pretty much only focused on 1 item. So 1 person got lucky with a 2 hander now their luck is gone on the next item. So they best read the OP...

_Baragain_, Rhysingstar and trakilaki like this.
  3. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

I'll bet that it won't be me :p

I've yet to find a single 2h weapon with 1 gold line.

MegaNuker likes this.
  4. Armando

Armando Forum Connoisseur

Guys, I was just trying to make a point here that crafting legendaries to legendaries with unlimited reverting is an obvious pay-to-win mechanism - which is a concern many people are voicing in the German forum, even as a reason for demanding that crafting 2.0 be trashed and crafting 1.0 be kept!
    I don't think we have to be afraid of THAT, but I was just saying what we saw last weekend on the test server may not be the final version yet. Als long as the system is NOT changed any more, people with huge amounts of gold/andermant will have a significant advantage over those who don't have these resources. If this is simply just "fair" or a threat to the mid-term balance, integrity and ultimately survival of the game, I cannot judge.

Ok, really, topic closed for me... I will only reply to different questions here..

5. trakilaki

I am already prepared :p
    got 2 items with Attack Speed

[​IMG] [​IMG]

and 2 with Weapon Damage

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Who knows maybe i will get better items until then :D

6. -Marcus-

-Marcus- Forum Apprentice

hi, you can craft 2 longbow+2 shortbow for this enchantments?
    or 1h+2h staff?

7. trakilaki

You can only craft 1H with 1H and 2H with 2H weapon
    If you try mixing them you will get random item with all random enchantments.
    That is for lower rarity than legendary ... for legendary items you can only craft 4 legs of the same type (only 1H, only 2H, only boots ... etc)

8. MegaNuker

I have a really great what if...

First remember back when people had gotten the wrong job item. Like if a ranger got DK body. This body had stats higher armor and hp than a ranger could get.

What if you crafted it the enhancments from a different archtype to a rangers body... (for your ranger of course)

9. MegaNuker

Is the 2 items random or do we get to choose.

10. trakilaki

Only first 2 items can be kept (facepalm)

mokranje and Reinier like this.
  11. Armando

Sorry, I can't follow your thoughts.
    How does the destruction of 2 items during reverting make the system more PAY2Win instead of more FARM2Win?
    I can't say I really like potentially losing my inputs, but i think that this change will make it a lot more important to start with good (carefully farmed and grown) inputs (and hopefully getting an acceptable item in your first attempt) rather than spending lots of gold/andermant for repeatedly rolling the dice...

12. Ioedavide

Ioedavide Forum Apprentice

All this hype was for nothing: it's going to be almost useless.

I was pretty confident on crafting full speed gloves 35+ using this bonuses from leg pieces:
    23 (8-8-6)
    18 (9-9)
    18 (9-9)
    20 (9-5.5-5.5)

Now why on earth would i sacrifice two of those gloves to try, without any reasonable hope, to have 4 speed ones?
    I mean it took me more time to drop this four gloves than herdur, grimmag and bearach sets.

Now i have to put just two of the gloves and 2 random gloves and pay ander or gold till 4 bonuses from the first two will be pick...
    Is there any sense? At least make people keep 3 items out of 4, 2 of them is almost impossible as Baragin was explaining at the beginning when they wanted u to get back only one...

Typical nonsense: bad feedback from player? Let's put it in however... Good feedback from player? Let's change it...

taketh likes this.
  13. MegaNuker

Because you can not see the whole picture.

From now on you will have to spend and andermant on your ingredients to obtain 5 gem slot legendary items that have a good Stat on them.

From now on you will have to use 2 junk items with 2 good items. You will be using the Legendary x4 Crafting NEVER. They might as well remove it from the game.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    trakilaki likes this.
  14. Armando

EDIT

Hmm, I am not so sure if this is really feasible in the end, as you would also always have to farm for 2 extra items with at least many slots, for every attempt. Otherwise it gets DARN expensive.
    Anyway you are right: dropped legendaries with only 1-2 good enchantments are not really good for crafting. You do have to prove craftsmenship by starting with green/blue items now...
    Well, maybe we will simply have to accept that the system can now easily be used to get some items better than what you have right now (if you are not OP yet), but NOT to produce those Uber-Items everyone was assuming as the new standard.

BTW, just to remind you all...

Last edited by moderator: May 24, 2016
  15. Rhysingstar

Are you really shocked that DSO would do this to us?

Why would I put in 4 good pieces now? It takes a long time (for me) to find 4 good pieces.

Does this hurt those already OP? Of course not, what it does is all but guarantee those of us who aren't stay that way.

16. Ioedavide

Ioedavide Forum Apprentice

Craft 2.0 is going to be almost worse than the usual craft system this way: now u just put 4 random items of the same type to randomly get a new one, with extremely low chances to get a good one, but still, the price is just gold.

With this new 2.0 (speaking of legendaries) u can:

1) put 2 good items and 2 random items to try to get what u want from the first two (and we all know that is not going to happen) and it will costs u not only gold, but also two items and it will take forever, in term of time and resources, as Bargain already proved: a total waste, not even worth to try.

2) put 4 good items in order to get a oneshot chance to get the good item (and we all know that is not going to happen) and lose, as said, gold and good items, so: a total waste, not even worth to try.

In the end: why even implementing it? It was obvious that all the players would have try to get full % items with the starting concept, and it was just fair to allow them to get them. Now this is going to be just a joke meaning: wanna get more damages? Buy rubies; wanna have more speed? play with the jesters... And so on... Another nail on the coffin of this game.

17. Armando

Well, in order to have a high probability of NOT having to revert at all, I guess.
    Guys, stop whining and start farming green items...

18. Rhysingstar

I'm not a math whiz, but if memory serves me, when you and Baragain did the math, the original odds said it could take 1820 tries.

Now that I get to lose 2 each time along the way, it doesn't seem that my odds improved here.

If I were a serious paying OP pvp player, I would be tickled pink. The odds of anyone catching up just fell through the floor.

19. Armando

This is the odds when you use 4 legendary inputs with 4 desirable enchantments in total, to unite all 4 desirable enchantments in the resulting item.
    If you use 4 pink items with 2 desirable enchantment lines each, your chances of getting a 3/4 legendary are slightly over 25%.

20. Troneck86

Troneck86 Forum Great Master

It's been this way since I started playing this game. I think I'll just keep farming Fatal bosses and collect pieces that seem worthy for the off chance that I can craft something decent before a good legendary drops. Now I'll just need to motivate the 50 active players on Tegan to farm said bosses with.

Rhysingstar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.