Reduce Hitbox Size

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Deefje, Dec 19, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Reducing the size of the hitbox is a good idea!

Poll closed Jan 19, 2014.
  1. I agree

66.7%
  2. I disagree

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deefje

Deefje Advanced

Hello, the hitboxes in this game are way too big. For the people who wonder what I mean with hitboxes, it's how near you have to place your cursor to a target before it selects it.

Due to the absolutely Huge hitboxes in this game it's impossible:

- To try to use rage jump and/or other movement skills to move right behind a target. (The hitbox get's selected and places the target of the jump in front of the target by default).

- Makes it very hard to 'inch in' on targets. Structures mostly, if you want to move a bit closer, or move to avoid a shot. Instead of moving a little bit, the hitbox triggers and you move right on it. (Example: Trying to inch in on a Steam storm ram to get inside your own attack range but outside the vehicles' attack range).

- Trying to hit in front of people with ranged skills without moving the cursor far away in terms of distance. Since if you actually aim right in front of the target, it selects them and fires right at them, which is useless for moving targets.

- The large hitboxes make it impossible to choose a specific target out of a group in a reliable way.

(I read on the Dutch forum's Sticky that it's best to make a poll when giving a suggestion/idea. So I remade the topic.)

2. Torefas

Torefas Padavan

The most annoying part for me is the hitbox always make my stun charge fail to stun even deal damage. I have to click far behind the target. Hitbox cause charge skill 100% failed to moving target.

It's been few months and many updates. Please fix this.

3. Deefje

Deefje Advanced

Kind of weird that you seem to agree in your post but you seemed to have posted disagree? ;)

Anyhow, yes I experience that as well.

4. Torefas

Torefas Padavan

It's not me who posted disagree. I'm not even take poll.

5. Deefje

Deefje Advanced

I figured that could have happened, hence I said 'seemed' but I'm sorry I didn't mean anything by it.

6. Slitrobo

Slitrobo Forum Connoisseur

If I need to make a trick shot to hit something then I use shift. It works well for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.