Release 117 Feedback

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Callisto, Jan 14, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

This is a trend in the industry, especially in browser games, to make the games sexier. I guess it's really been going on for a long time and we could blame Laura Croft for starting it. Many decades ago when I got a business degree to augment my technical degrees (better shot a promotions) I took a marketing class. One of the basic concepts that was taught is that "sex sells."

But now there are so many games and the difference between games is narrowing so the devs fall back on this old tactic. This old marketing concept still seems to be true although we are in the second decade of the 21st century. We should be more enlightened about exploiting any specific group of peoples but I think we still have a very long way to go. Also consider that the major demographic of gamers is still young males.

There have been many suggestion posts in in the past about differentiating male and female toons. At least they did not go the route of changing the armors to half-naked female warriors.

This actually started some time ago here. I have three female avatars in this game, one of them a DK. When they changed the DK animation on the character selection screen my female DK now ends up in a seductive pose that no way anyone could initiate combat from.

On top of that the way the female DK holds a sword in the new "ready" stance in a dungeon or wilderness area would get you killed in a heartbeat (I know this from past associations with the SCA and HACA.) Perhaps the devs should do a little research before playing with their Barbie dolls. Of course in this type of game I do not expect total realism but just making an arbitrary pose to identify a toon as female is just sloppy work.

Oh well, although I'm an old guy but I'm still a guy and have to admit this does not bother me as much. I do not think it was needed though and I sympathize with the female gamers in our community that are put off by this.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    Kiwigal1244 and Hellamyjamgirl like this.
  2. ZmajodBosne

ZmajodBosne Active Author

When BP intend to "fix" some bug/s or improve something, you can expect:
    1- Not corrected bug and creating several new bugs;
    2- Partially corrected bug and creating several new bugs;
    3- Fixed bug and creating several new bugs;
    4 - Above all, nerfing all things that you painfully and indefinitely farming.

Still have ghost opponents in PvP, strange walking/standing/moving character, amphorae from nowhere in Andrakasch region, now worse bugged guild list (upside down list of online guild member, friends).

Only things i like in this release is hotkey for screenshot and fixed reindeer speed, besides that I don't see any improvements or fixed bugs, only new bugs.

Kiwigal1244 likes this.
  3. -Faeriequeen22-

-Faeriequeen22- Forum Mogul

Can we girls look normal again? This is a disaster, we look retarded. -.- Pleeeeeeeeease, make us the way we were. :(

Kiwigal1244 and Hellamyjamgirl like this.
  4. soxx101

soxx101 Forum Connoisseur

girls are never normal lol

Kiwigal1244, Ťoupal and novic like this.
  5. Hellamyjamgirl

Hellamyjamgirl Junior Expert

I can't accept the way we look like, we don't look feminin or sexy AT ALL. We look like retarded handicaps with a broken leg when we are running. Perhaps it's time to stop playing DSO, this game is only getting worse and worse.

Kiwigal1244 and novic like this.
  6. soxx101

does it bother u that much how u look, its not a fashion show but a game inwhich ur killing things, i dont think u will see many warriors fighting in mini skirts and high heels stopping every 2 minutes to put make up on, its about blood sweat and tears not do i look good in this

7. Incursio

Incursio Forum Greenhorn

Please, the stances are nothing! Weird stances don't look sexy. If you guys wanna make the girls look better, please do just change some armor, show some skin, and make them look sexier!

Grave likes this.
  8. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Precisely... it is not a fashion show. A female warrior, archer or mage would have the same stance and moves exactly as their male counterparts. This is a cosmetic change that serves no real purpose.

As I said in my previous post there have been posts before suggesting a better way to tell the difference between male and female toons. I never supported this idea before because you can already tell just buy looking at them. If that was not enough as soon as they make a sound you can definitely tell.

The time spent by the devs in doing this could have been put to much better use by working on bugs or other problems in the game mechanics.

I do not play this game to see bosoms, hips and derrieres. If I wanted that there are other games that go all out (even overboard) in that department.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

silverseas, Kiwigal1244 and trakilaki like this.
  9. Serenthía

Serenthía Someday Author

I sure don't like the new female movements but i have to be honest and say that it gives me a good laugh just to watch my character move. it's funny as H..... A little less shoulder movement would be great though.

10. Spotty

Spotty Forum Greenhorn

Bit of a bummer having this as my first post here. I've been playing /paying to play for the last 4 or 5 months but i won't be buying premium again till the ST (dwarf) turret issue is fixed. If no fix is forthcoming i can't see myself playing this game non prem.

Kiwigal1244 likes this.
  11. Hellamyjamgirl

Hellamyjamgirl Junior Expert

I'm not talking about the looks, I'm talking in general, the game is getting worse, why do you think alot of players recently has stopped? With every release follows new bugs. And this game is getting pay to win game, you can't become strong unless you farm your a** off. Not to talk about the feedback. You tell us everytime to give you feedback, but why should we when you don't even use our feedback?

I've played this game for 2 years and I have seen how much it's changed, a year ago I liked this game alot more, but there are just too many bugs, and alot of players in the game have wierd communication, they insult when they loose etc. There are so many things wrong with this game I can point out. But I guess it won't help, I've said it mutiple times and it's useless, the developers have prioritised money before us, they don't think of us, they just want their money. And they don't want to risk their income therefore they won't change the pay to win system. They haven't even done anything about the players with bots.

Kiwigal1244 likes this.
  12. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I guess some users were asking for difference between female and male toons. So here it is. :D

But you always wanted to show some boobs out. :p

Last edited by moderator: Jan 17, 2014
  13. Superme

Superme Forum Pro

While we asking not too look so androgynous, I do not think we wanted to look like we should be on some sort of stripper pole!

Kiwigal1244 likes this.
  14. soxx101

unless u have no wears on which is impossible u are covered up, and still u are worried wot ur pixels look like..be grateful u dont look anything like the characters in scarlet blade we wouldnt hear the end of it

15. munjen

munjen Forum Apprentice

so what now again wait 1month for quest ring of death and another patch or like admin say you can delete quest and again ,you must be joking like mortis is easy boss we kill him in min without ess come on...

16. -Faeriequeen22-

-Faeriequeen22- Forum Mogul

kitiiiiiii, i have my dress for boobs, i don't need to look like retarded cow for that :p
    i don't even feel like playing when i think about what i look like :(

Kiwigal1244 likes this.
  17. TheInfamous

TheInfamous Board Analyst

ROFL female mage's stance looks like a t-rex with it's limp hands close to it's body.
    Actually, it sort of reminds me of Hanson's hand in Scary Movie 2.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
    Zokin and Desertdragon like this.
  18. KasKISkyWalKer

KasKISkyWalKer Forum Apprentice

You can get new fragments at mortis you don't need to restart it.
    However I lost my 12 old fragments so it cost me 22 big fragments from mortis.

So sure the system recognize the old fragments but not if don't have 10 new after patch 117.

Btw I can't redo the quest so I got a useless ring and now I can't redo the quest:confused:.

19. Ťoupal

Ťoupal Forum Greenhorn

I know many ugly retarded cows in the real life.
    So the game became a simulation game :D

20. Ash

Ash Advanced

The 'kill steal' glitches are just awful. No one getting a drop in pws on some boss kills, and frag drops have definitely decreased with mobs so must be affecting them too.

My female ranger stance is plain dopey. The males look like they mean business, I look like I'm waiting to use the toilet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.