Release 121 [Feedback]

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Biztart, Mar 12, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bearer-of-Death

Bearer-of-Death Exceptional Talent

2. Iamboredwtf

Iamboredwtf Active Author

So no event this weekend? Great since I have to work all weekend next week and will miss entire event. I am very disappointed. I want an apology from BigPoint.

3. ~THE~LEGEND~

~THE~LEGEND~ Someday Author

its full moon in real life this night and the events as big point said is going to be at same time of real life .

4. Iamboredwtf

Iamboredwtf Active Author

You are 100% correct. I look at calendar and prepare for full moon cycle and we get this last minute?
    Not fair at all to your customers. Can you at least make events same time as the moon or you can't ?

5. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

Some people will not be happy with the FM event time change, while others will be glad for the opportunity to get the better unique items (if any drop for them). Everyone can't be happy at once, unfortunately.

As far as release 121 goes, I like what I've read and what I see on the test server. The new graphics option is very nice, as it reduces the "shine" on everything. The option to hide your own name is a nice plus. The configurable keys will be nice for some people, but I will be sticking with my own solution. Not making 'ctrl' and 'shift' configurable was a mistake, IMO. I don't believe that this was not possible, since a simple free program can do it easily.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    Ash likes this.
  6. multitoonz

multitoonz Forum Great Master

My toons have hidden names already, started yesterday. No big deal, but settings menu still pre-121 and just curious as to how the names got turned off.

7. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

So what do you prefer ... playing event for modified items with 2-3 days delay or you want to play now and to wait for the modified items whole month?

For me even modified items are not interesting and I don't even count lunar events as "events". Contrary to this we have Sargon event once per year and every month we have two super boring "events".

8. Serenthía

Serenthía Someday Author

Well I like the fact that the items are now leveled according to the character and not higher. I have more than one char and to be honest it will be the first time doing the event but with a low lvl char and not my 45 ( it isn't compensatory) and i'm pleased about the fact that at least BP is thinking in low lvls chars.

Ash likes this.
  9. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Exactly, that was my point. For my end game character, modified or not, event is useless(except draken collecting or melting). But for new players and for lower level characters they may be good. So couple of days delay is better instead of having old items and waiting for new for whole month.
    BTW I think that even boss was reworked(according to this picture released at DSO FB page) so it is relied with the upcoming R121.

Serenthía and Bearer-of-Death like this.
  10. Multi-Sev

If you turned your name off on the test server, I believe it carries over to live servers because the g.u.i. on the test server modifies the same settings.xml file for all servers. You could actually make many of the changes they are introducing in R121 before R121, by modifying this file, but I think it would have been a violation of the user agreement.

Also, I unfortunately found a bug (surprise, surprise) with the "name off" option. If you press the 'ctrl' key, your name will appear and stay there until you leave the area. This is not a desirable function, IMO.

11. multitoonz

My TS toons are on their own email and login. There's no way they can be in any way attached to any of my LS toons. Noticed my SW had no name then after 5 to 10 mins it came back, (separate email) but on my other 2 accounts, each separate email the names are just gone. Like I said, it's no big deal but saying I violated the user agreement kind of puzzles me as I have not modified any files, nor do have the tech savvy to do so. NOR would I want to even attempt to modify anything in game as I have spent WAAAAAYYY too much time in building my toons (day 1 open beta) and will not do anything stupid to lose them.

12. Multi-Sev

I never said you violated the user agreement; you would have to purposefully look for the settings.xml file and alter it to do that. I said a person COULD make the changes slated for R121, before R121, but doing so would probably violate the user agreement (unauthorized changes to game files). If you didn't make those changes on purpose, then you have nothing to worry about. Also, there is only one settings.xml file in your client folder, so YES what you change on the test server directly affects that file for all servers.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  13. CemalRavage

CemalRavage Junior Expert

its not about the email adres , its about the game settings that gets saved on your computer(even if you play on browser) , go on test server and change the graphic settings , after log out and log in on your thin client from the live server , when you log in you will see that the graphic settings changed in the thin client too and got saved

14. Multi-Sev

Exactly. There is only one settings.xml file that is modified. All this talk of emails and log-ins makes no difference. There is only one local settings file, and if you make changes on the TS it will carry over to the live servers as long as you're playing on the same computer. It's as simple as that.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  15. multitoonz

OK, I have learned something new about settings and files then. Forgot that DSO runs in one folder full of files so it makes sense all my settings are connected in there. Thanks for that info.

16. Multi-Sev

NP... Yep, it all runs out of that one client folder, so it's all connected :D

Probably the reason your one character had it's name come back on is connected to the "pressing the 'ctrl' button bug", which I have to go report now... though it'll probably still go live that way since they hardly ever fix bugs.

17. Deefje

Deefje Advanced

It seems Mortis is bugged and very easy to kill. Needs a hotfix? And a ban for all the bug abusers? ;)

18. multitoonz

You're not very popular are you? I personally am happy Thicket of Thorns works on my ranger as intended again.

19. Goldreich

Goldreich Forum Apprentice

Love the new menu interface. My only in-game criticism so far is a little thing. I really dislike the white orb projectiles replacing the arrows shot by the undead archers. Presumably this is to make them unmissable to spot, however, aside from I think being just the right visibility in the first instance (and why would you want to make them too blatant to spot anyway? you could easily dodge the originals) they now feel too cartoony and shatter the ambience of the creepy dungeon thing in my opinion. You already have the white bolts from the necromancers, why couldn't the archers be left to fire arrows? Also it raises questions as to whether they now affect your magic resistance or armour?...

I love that the Drakensang team are continually looking to improve the game, just every now and then it seems like the committee 'fixes' something that was never broken.

alexgriffin81, kittyfox and soxx101 like this.
  20. soxx101

soxx101 Forum Connoisseur

If its not broke dont fix to make it look better....
    All in all not too bad an update, least the name has done so not in the way of my screen shots...

always a pleasure
    soxx....

Bearer-of-Death likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.