Release 132 [FEEDBACK]

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Allogeneous, Aug 11, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesertKoala

DesertKoala Forum Pro

The instant rebounding health in Fortress of the Alliance is a cute touch. Outside of that, I hope everyone had a chance to grab some Alan's gear.

2. Bearer-of-Death

Bearer-of-Death Exceptional Talent

WHAT!!! Don't you dare trash-talk about my beloved Mega Drive:(...they had so many awesome n' colorful games...you must be confused:confused: with Nintendo.

-On topic-
    Why was the lvl 1 "Training sword" base-damage reduced???
    Reducing it for the new map, is one thing...but reducing the one i got from the old beginning is unfair, I spent a lot of glyphs to upgrade it and now the dev team reduce its damage.

Again DSO did not inform us of any negative aspects or changes made in the game.
    What else have you changed without informing us???

3. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Have mercy on those with slow computers and a lot of tabs open. ^^;; The new home page, well, I don't care much for it except that it's rather slow because of the animations, and I need to make an extra click to reach the login page. Couldn't there be some kind of checkbox that'll save a setting so those who want can jump straight to the login can do so? Thanks.

4. DesertKoala

DesertKoala Forum Pro

Mega Drive. Nice reference Bearer-of-Death. I know I'm horribly off topic now but I just loaded Raspberry Pi with the Linux RetroPi distribution. Nice little credit card size HDMI console for playing Sega. It starts to fall apart at around the N64 generation but can handle a little bit of PS1. (Sorry Admins for drifting off topic).

I'm probably the only guy who likes the direction the game is going. I see these little strategic changes as necessary to restore a balance. There will be pain but I don't think it can be avoided.

Bearer-of-Death likes this.
  5. Nyshen

Nyshen Someday Author

Only thing I don't like is that I don't have a place for my level 10 SW to farm without gaining exp with every kill. Everyone, including low levels, should have grey areas to farm for some easy cash and what not. In short.....Where's my farm?

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ likes this.
  6. Serenthía

Serenthía Someday Author

They "conveniently" forgot to add that if you want to receive the daily login bonus and challenges you need to be at least a lvl 8 character.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  7. Bearer-of-Death

Bearer-of-Death Exceptional Talent

This is just great, another hidden agenda...so the official statement said, if you want to enter to Duria, you would need to lvl up to 6 and now this!!!

If you want to receive the daily login bonus, you will need to lvl up to 8!!!:mad:

Seriously whats next...if you want to upgrade items you will need to kill Mortis with a lvl 12:rolleyes:

Is this how DSO management rewards us, we give feedback and report bugs and DSO gives us incorrect info, misinforming players and hide information about reduced items, base-damage -5 lvl and increasing stats on mobs.

THANK YOU so much for all this, from now on, I shall do the same...by not giving any more ideas, feedback, report bugs or communicating with people that works with or for DSO, i will only replay to members.

8. XZarnak

XZarnak Junior Expert

Latest bug... Or rather, this had never happened before...

Toon approaches merchant. Clicking on merchant causes a series of rapid clicks while toon keeps running (actually, tried it mounted, and on foot). Tried other merchants. Same story. Impossible to open their window. Just a trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr cycling sound.

--MERGED--

Tried to post a poll on Grimmagstone. Got closed by Mo, because it wasn't in this thread. Yet, a thread like this one does not allow polling. Sucks!

Last edited by moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  9. dimoalexis7

dimoalexis7 Advanced

Νah , not a good release , just some new maps to bring money in the company . Classic BP . Only money.
    Nice new beggining tho, even if its useless...

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    Serenthía and _G_R_A_M_P_S_ like this.
  10. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

The biggest problem I see is for new players, just starting the game. There's a big gap in XP from quests in Kingshill (quests that are no longer accessible). Playing a brand-new SW character on the Test Server, I ended up being level 17 the first time I entered the Wildherz Cave. The cave is listed as a lvl 20-22 area. I reached level 18 after just the first quest, but it was still pretty difficult. I had done all available quests up to that point. Grinding for XP to level a test character did not sound like good, clean fun - so that was off the table.

I believe there are "slaying" quests which are inaccessible that used to originate in Kingshill (see my post about this, previous page).

VMmage and Serenthía like this.
  11. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

I have had this bug. It's just displacement occurring in urban areas. Workaround is to go for some pvp or hit home teleport, because the chances of bumping your way out of that instance is rather slim with all skills disabled.

12. moby31

moby31 Regular

I'll be quick

positive
    great graphics

negative
    "position bug" still in the game common guys ...
    completely bugged 6v6 ....it has been already reported ,bug in 5v5 with immortals guys ...
    Before new patch u should solve old problems fix all bugs and then start new thing
    but who im trying to talk trough ...

13. Nyshen

Nyshen Someday Author

Well how about this little bug I just started to encounter recently:

I'm walkin' in the forest. Mindin' my own business of course. Ah, the trees, the snow; it's beautiful. When out of no where these little gnome lookin' guys start walkin' towards me with their pickaxes. What's a poor defenseless girl supposed to do?.... That's right hit them with the old frost wind followed by a couple of fireballs, that's what. But these guys are pretty strong, (or maybe I'm too low a level and have no business bein' in that area.....whatever.), and they're startin' to surround me. Time to change tactics and play the old hit and run. So I run...but they don't follow me. They start standin' in a little circle wackin' away with their little pickaxes...at nothin'. Hold on...I'm takin' damage! From what? I fire at the little munchkins over and over but nothin' comes out but a little flash from the end of my wand. No missle, no fireball, just a little light and that's it. Meanwhile I'm still takin' damage and next thing you know....I'm dead. EDIT man?

/story.

Last edited by moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  14. Multi-Sev

That bug has been around for six weeks or more. It started in R129. It's being called the "postion" bug. Plenty of angry posters on that subject ;)

15. Nyshen

Nyshen Someday Author

Thanks for the info brother. (Brother because we're in sister guilds. Get it? Brother in sister guilds? Yeah, I know. Lame-O.) In any case it's annoyin' and now it's even more annoyin' knowin' that they're releasin' new shi.....stuff, with bugs before fixin' the old new shi...stuff with bugs.

Guess your siggy gets more propheftic every day huh?

16. Serenthía

Serenthía Someday Author

This game reminds me of the movie "The mummy Returns" when one of the actors is saying "this is cursed, that is cursed" except that in this case we must say "This is bugged, that is bugged":D

17. VMmage

VMmage Someday Author

My new Ranger is getting the "monster slaying" quests from Hoyt in Grimford now instead of Captain Gregory Winbold in Kingshill. They're hinting that Hoyt is a coward in this sequence now, that's only a little bit amusing. The Release Note for 132 should have a lot more detail than it shows at present, but since no one on the BigPoint team seems to have any writing skill, it's up to the players to fill in the blanks.

18. Multi-Sev

I did get those slaying quests, in Grimford, but they seemed incomplete. I remember a lot more of them... maybe my memory is just bad now. Thanks for the reminder.

I think there's still something wrong in Kingshill, because Cornelius Remin told my SW to talk to Matilda Keen... but she had no quest for me at all. Also, at such a low level (18) I don't remember having to go to Wildherz (lvl 20-22) on previous characters.

Something seems to be missing. I have no desire to grind Heredur for two levels, or creep super-slowly through Wildherz, on a test server - so that character is just going to sit idle for a while. Oh well.

19. steelfox1973

steelfox1973 Someday Author

This patch was made exclusively to attend BP economic goals.

New entry was made to attract new customers.

Grimastone was cut because was a great deal to the players,great itens can be made there.

Great itens = less money to BP

and He has the face of post about feedback? lol it was just a downgrade to the game.

20. Seresia

Seresia Forum Greenhorn

I looked at the slidy stuff they did to the home page/splash page and HATED IT. I want the old page back. It's more useful. Lesser Andermant drops makes the game more than a little disappointing. I liked the old character creation page... very bright, a nice reprieve from the overall theme of the game. No more browser gaming. The browser feature was what drew me in to the game in the first place. If this update was made a year earlier I wouldn't have played this game.
    I read the patchnotes and played the game from the start again. I'm more disappointed than happy with the changes. I'm not going to be specific since I've also read the posts and everything the other user already complained about and my concerns are similar. I hope they DO SOMETHING to fix this. I regret not playing more before they changed everything.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.