Release 134 [Feedback]

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Sep 9, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petross

petross Forum Greenhorn

New release DELETE all my quests !! Do hotfix return my quests!

2. Apolon80

Apolon80 Exceptional Talent

I know that. I have to stop the game too. I just dont have another option. I can't play that game any more even if i want to. I made a round on q3 - there is so much lagg there I just can't describe it. It's hard even to move... Thank you for this release. Now I realise that I had to stop the game a long time ago. I waited too much time...
    You can see my character here. I made this video yesterday - that is my last kill of Mortis. My character is the tank :(

I dont care any more for this game. Do whatever you want. I will not play the event today. Actually I will never ever play a game designed by BP!
    Bye Bye and good luck to all :)

3. marhun

marhun Junior Expert

I have not really played yet.... however the tool kit is a bit rich 4.8K ander who knows someone might use it, but not anyone in my guild and there is a few $$ players. The only other thing is gems you have stored in other items is very small and hard to see when you are my age.... it would be nice to increase the size by double at least.

4. ЯЛюблюАцетон

ЯЛюблюАцетон Forum Apprentice

Hi, what's about lower costs of unopened items?

5. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

First, a thank you to all who have posted in this thread. Now I know what to avoid until some things are fixed.

I quit playing seven months ago because of a job opportunity. Now I am retired again and have been playing for about a week. This is the first patch release since I have been back. Honestly I have to say that I am more amused than anything else because nothing has changed in my seven month absence (this goes back to a personal axiom of mine, "I used to be disgusted now I am just amused.")

Patch => New Bugs => Hotfix (or wait for later patch) This has always been true.

StableBuild (the test server) has never been configured to exactly replicate conditions on the live severs. (I believe there are valid reasons for this but that is topic for another discussion.) With this type of precondition it is impossible to anticipate every bug than may occur with whatever testing is done.

So a very long time ago I set some personal playing conditions following a new release. First I do not play for 12 to 18 hrs after a patch release. This gives me time to review the feedback from the real testers... the players, on what went wrong. Thanks again to y'all :)

Second if the problems are serious (as in this case) I will do nothing but crafting DQ's via low level farming until the hotfix (my apologies up to the level appropriate players in Swerfield for my higher level characters being there but they took away Grimmagstone :rolleyes:)

Fortunately my days of obsessive playing until my eyes bled are way behind me. I still enjoy the game overall but I am not in hurry to get anything done.

Is there a way to avoid or at least minimize this never-ending cycle. Of course there is but again I'll just say that is a topic for another discussion.

My feelings about the content changes in this release have been adequately stated by the majority of previous posters in this thread.

Status Quo

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

Multi-Sev likes this.
  6. Exzir

Exzir Forum Apprentice

I think I was lucky due to the fact I keep my items in my locker. It does seem like I have extra room in my inventory but honestly can not figure if anything is missing. If I lost a coin for mortis because it was in my inventory and not locker then fine with me to get another is so simple. If I lost my 701 and 150 items for end of time weapon then upset would I be. Some people have to be patient bigpoint will help you. If it is at the very least you lost a days worth of work. I am sure they have backups of the user db.

7. Teleportist

Teleportist Advanced

Well said!
    Just enjoy the game for the experience.

The main bug ruining my experience of the game is when my player appears to be somewhere on the map, when they are actually somewhere else, taking damage. Some times this can be fixed by teleporting. If not I die and have to waste anderment to respawn. This mostly happens when I am riding through an area and passing through mobs. (usually m1 to get to m2).

If nothing else FIX THIS ONE THING!

Regarding the loot compare. I think/hope that this is just the first stage. The BP Devs have provided the initial implementation and will 'improve' this feature (hopefully based on our feedback) over the next few months.

--MERGED--

After accidentlay deleting the 'Weapons at the end of time' quest a couple of months ago I was told by BP support that there is no way they can reinstate the quest and items. I kept pressing the point over 4 more emails and eventually gave up asking.
    I'm now halfway through doing this quest again. If anything happened a second time...

So I'm not sure what BP will be able to do for these players, even though the issue is clearly of their making.

Last edited by moderator: Sep 11, 2014
    VMmage and Idiocracy like this.
  8. crimsonfang

crimsonfang Forum Apprentice

like many other old players i am a occasional player now but this new r134 has given me more reasons to stop even that i am getting that rubber banding effect like never before seen and now thr is this new thing when i start the game through browser it says client data does not match sever version error 35 EDIT is that? may be i should leave this game entirely

Last edited by moderator: Sep 11, 2014
  9. NightWalker

NightWalker Board Analyst

items sold for coins turned way too cheap. Change that back and change the looks of the item back please. Ugly gems :( I know you guys tried to fix the position bug, but the patch before the position bug occurred is better. This way of fixing makes the jump back of the screen weird.

10. qe222

qe222 Forum Apprentice

The Equipment sold too little money:(

Idiocracy likes this.
  11. galadriale

galadriale Junior Expert

Yea, probably next time they will lower the glyph values of items, increase the repair cost to make you buy the repair tool, increase the cots required for identifications, much more of these may come when look at the trends in release....

VMmage, Bearer-of-Death and Idiocracy like this.
  12. LuckyOne

LuckyOne Forum Apprentice

the prices of unopened items are wayyyy to low...
    i found an extraordinary belt yesterday. sell value unopened: almost 4 silver...
    this way it is impossible to get 1000 gold for nonpayers.

13. XZarnak

XZarnak Junior Expert

Actually, I did find a Repair Kit from a Shabby Chest yesterday. Better than finding 10 copper coins.

The position bug was back with a vengeance this morning before hotfix... Never seen it this bad. I survived (with difficulty, when all I was doing was farming well below my level).

Teleport freeze (new) screen: instead of kicking in at the end of the Tport timer, there is a whiteout effect. Sigh. Not enough time sinks in this game already???

I fully agree with Marhun... Somebody needs to seriously look at gamer age demographics: I shouldn't have to purchase a larger screen to play this game. And yes, as we age, eyesight dwindles.

Still want my XP to accumulate and fill my XP bar while adventuring at level 45... Get clamoring for this. Do we REALLY want to ONLY get XP when level 46 finally becomes attainable??? As in other games, only ONE level of XP above the level at which we play, but in the end, it will make a difference.

VMmage and MikeyMetro like this.
  14. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

Sorry, but hope isn't going to cut it anymore. The position bug is over two months old now and they are adding more bugs in every release. If this is "working hard on bug fixing" I'd hate to see what not working on it looks like. On second thought, they would probably do better if they just didn't try. The bugs may accidentally fix themselves ;)

The comparison tool for items is not only unwanted and nearly useless, it's broken even the way it's supposed to work. If I look at a white helmet vs my Dark Helmet, it says I would lose 92 armor. The real number is more like 500 armor. Total garbage programming.

VMmage and Bearer-of-Death like this.
  15. Hartvig

Hartvig Forum Inhabitant

Well, i think it will soon get better.
    Very very very... soon we will reach the point where it CAN´T GET EVEN WORSE!
    And when it can´t get worse, either there won´t happen anything, or it will get better.

It´s also very funny with the event-time...
    Monday they said it would start thursdag 1.00 pm, then it would start 15.00 pm, and now it´s postponed by who knows how long?
    I really hope something GOOD will happen in near future... Can´t stand the DSO team for much longer as they are now...

BTW, can a Mod tell us this, how do the Dev´s themselves think about their insane ideas, bad efforts, and non-stop failures? Are they really serius about what they are doing? Don´t they ever play the game themselves? And do they have any kind of clue, of how we as paying customers react to their pathetic development of this game?

Im 99,99% sure that the above WON`T be answered by a Mod...

VMmage, Bearer-of-Death and Multi-Sev like this.
  16. Multi-Sev

I think they just think of a bunch of bad ideas and put them on a dartboard, then toss a dart and say... "that's next month's project". But they aren't allowed to start working on it until they take at least 15 hammer-hits each to the head. Wouldn't want to be too logical or coherent when working on this game. That might set a high standard.

17. Bearer-of-Death

Bearer-of-Death Exceptional Talent

I said that i wouldn't post in any official thread again, but.....Multi-Sev, you made it impossible for me:D:D:D:Dyour posts simply get better and better.

And in case a Mod feels like to delete my post, because its of topic...i will say this..
    On Topic...
    The compare loot system has other flaw, if you compare rings from your inventory against your equipped ones it only shows the top one and never compares the bottom one, WHY???

This only shows, how much effort the dev team really does to improve this game.
    The dev team doesn't even test their own "so called improvements".
    And what about the GT or QT from the TS, do they test anything???
    With so many "bugs" being released into the game, I doubt that anyone tests anything anymore.

Ever since the managing team changed in 03/2013, this game is getting worse and worse....bring back the old team, they know what to do and how to fix it + they listened to our complains + ideas.

This new generations only know one thing, money...where is my money...give me a raise or i won't fix bugs!!!

BP's DSO is nothing more than a bad joke told by a person without humor.

VMmage, Multi-Sev and Apolon80 like this.
  18. Multi-Sev

You can change your mind. No problem there. Changing and evolving are the constants in life :)

As usual, what you said makes sense. I totally agree, the team they used to have before the transition listened, was logical and competent. The current team...

[​IMG]

BTW, you can ignore this. I see now how it's working. It's not even giving a difference (subtracting), it's just saying "this is lower". I discovered this when I moused over my secondary ring of death in my inventory. It's not even doing the subtraction. It's just putting a red arrow next to the damage number on the ring.

Do the devs really think I can't tell that 47 dmg is lower than 53 dmg? On top of that (as already mentioned by someone), if some enchantment on your current item isn't on the item you're examining... there's no mention of a difference. It just gets worse and worse, doesn't it?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  19. Voldemort

Voldemort Junior Expert

20. Silaber

Silaber Forum Apprentice

Um just one thing I like the patch but I would like more that repair kit tool doesn't dismount :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.