Release 139 [Feedback]

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Nov 13, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nasowas

nasowas Junior Expert

Which just shows it's a rip off. If he/she spent andermant buying them and now gets no where near the andermant back in return, then DSO has stolen andermant from that player then.

Slotharingia and stasis like this.
  2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I agree. The price now is: 1CoT = 5 andermants
    If buying 1000 then the price is 4 andermants.

Slotharingia likes this.
  3. VMmage

VMmage Someday Author

I'll give credit where it's due -- I think most of these changes are positive steps in the game. I realized that the Crystals of Truth acted as a choke point on character/game advancement the first day I played, so I suppose it's reasonable that it took the Lead Designer of the game a little over 3 years to come to that same conclusion (yes, I'm being snarky again, I understand that for the past 3+ years the game designers have hoped that the rarity of CoTs would drive in-game purchases -- but really, it took you over 3 YEARS to realize that plan wasn't working out?!?)

Ah, well... it will soon all be in the past. Now, if you can fix some of the issues to balance internet lag/game lag, I might start playing the game again for more than a few minutes each day.

4. guinsoo

guinsoo Forum Apprentice

very good patch,i ve been playing this release for half a month in taiwan server.It is no doubt the most awesome release of all time!

5. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Since you've been playing the patch maybe you can answer some of the questions people are asking.

How much does it cost to craft?
    Is Travel still free for Premium?
    Are the enchantments the same on items?
    Did the value of items change for sell to vendor?
    Did the drop rate of gold increase, did the amounts go up?

6. thanhthanh89

thanhthanh89 Forum Apprentice

i want you remove pot,buff,ess in pvp

Slotharingia and jeffzrx like this.
  7. cgusa

cgusa Forum Apprentice

I was not able to see when this patch will be applied. also what about uniques? how much or how will we identify them? will that be free also or will it cost 1k gold :)

8. kraken

kraken Forum Apprentice

Hello,

I rarely gave an opinion on releases so far, just because aside from complaining about bugs and non-iteresting/necessary features, there wasn't much to talk about. And there were planty of people already complaining on that and no improvement from DSO team on the game, even though so much feedback was received from comunity.
    But now, i finally see some light at the end of the tunnel:

- free id of legendary items - big plus
    - chance to get unique item from mystic cube - well, it might mean the same chance i have from getting this by farming some boss, but it is still double :)
    - a merchant, even if it comes only with premium feature, there are some interesting things she brings, so i'm looking forward to this

There maybe negative aspects, i assume nothing good comes with no expense, but for that we have to wait for the patch to go live.

Now, don't get mad on me, but I really don't see the point of all debates going forth and back in regards to the f2p-p2p. Guys, any sort of entertainment cost. Get used to that.

PS: sry for my bad english, it is not my native language.

Slotharingia likes this.
  9. Idiocracy

Idiocracy Exceptional Talent

Workbench, Loot & Drop Rate Changes : what does it mean increased drop by 100% ?
    From where to where, Dracaty told a good example ( first minute of the last video ), so may I say if the drop was set at - 99% like it was, now it will be 1% chance to get a legendary item ( this is only an example and not the exact drop rate at all and so on ).
    So it goes for the overall procent of legendary items 200% from where :confused: ( shall we say from - 199 % )cause I didn't see legendary items from entire months.
    This is to be more exact, they should have told us they increased drop rate to + 1 or + 2 procents at legendary items and gemstones overall from - infinite like it is now, but it's hard to say something like " we have came to the conclusion that we don't have anymore players in the game, and we want players back but not like so ..."
    I expect ( this will never happen so it's a joke ) a new patch with increased drop rate at unique items from - 400% to shall we say + 50 %, so a increased drop rate of + 450%, cause when I go to a boss it's written above his head "unique" but it don't drops nothing. :(
    Shame on you BP.
    Removal of the COT's its the only positive thing on one side, and on the other side i'm sure we will have a tini drop rate at items and so on.
    Personally I don't have anymore expectations from this game :(

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  10. moby31

moby31 Regular

hmmmm :eek: shocked and curious really Im !!!!
    Few things sounds good like removal of cot but listen to this one giving a 25% more honor points to premium users is bad and it should be scrapped i'm premium user and personally don't like this idea also buying knowledge with game currency by this u making a gap between f2p and p2p even bigger .​
    Making arena wee bit fairer for new players who have money but how about old players who don't have premium ????
    If this is a part of a plan making arena more balanced ...i'm not sure what balance we gonna get at the end .

DemotioN, SweetRanger and multitoonz like this.
  11. multitoonz

multitoonz Forum Great Master

Seriously think PvP balancing is now a distant priority for the DSO dev team. 139 proves that it will sink further into a frustrating mess for the true F2P in PvP, but then maybe they are trying to force the F2P to start spending to get the extra perks. But then maybe the elitist mentality from BP is holding to the mantra that if a person can't afford to pay $13 a month for farmville, then they don't really need to play their game. 139 will be a nice change for many players, well the premium anyway but it really doesn't do anything for anyone else. It is going to get very game coin expensive now to play this very soon.

12. p€rRµ$h

p€rRµ$h Active Author

+1

13. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

You just have to pvp 25% more to keep pace. The reality is that P2p directly pays for the game; F2P contributes by devoting some of their efforts essentially by filling up the game for P2P.

As I am more of an farming junkie than pvp arena junkie, and just pvp to get that level 40 dk health bonus, I can actually see myself playing more but spending less. But pvp ladder junkies will probably want that premium bonus for arena.

Slotharingia likes this.
  14. Swadhinata21

Swadhinata21 Forum Greenhorn

I have one simple idea about picking items, can you make us drop items we pick from inventory and pick again. That would be a great step .
    Also for pvp, the steam mechanics talent Iron dwarf Giant is quite immune in 5v5, so may be this talent's duration lowered a little.

15. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

Since uniques have no random stats they can be identified when you pick them up. This has been the case in several events now nothing new.

16. SweetRanger

SweetRanger Forum Apprentice

Thrilled for the update but only thing i'm not too fond about is the additional 25% honor for the premium users... whats up wit that?!? The honor system should be fair to all players on the server in my opinion, as each player puts their fair share of time into working towards the top of the leaderboards, I agree with moby, this feature should be scrapped.

--MERGED--

Free

Last edited by moderator: Nov 15, 2014
  17. BigBoppo

BigBoppo Forum Greenhorn

How about make pvp matching for p2p vs p2p and f2p vs f2p?

18. ApolloXrated

ApolloXrated Forum Greenhorn

When will this update begin???? I really need to know I have legendary items for my lvl 39 ranger I have legendary everything XD I've just been savin it XD

19. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Who knows, but i have started blind crafting and stashing level 45 legendaries in anticipation of a big identification orgy the day it takes effect. Right now I've got 4 items waiting for the update, hope to run map 2 enough to get a whole tab of legendaries that i can get 3 or 4 useful pieces on the first day.

ross001 likes this.
  20. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

@Novadude

That's the spirit. BTW I used to get almost 1000 Cot in an all nighter at map 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.