Release 139 [Feedback]

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Nov 13, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babaroga

babaroga Someday Author

Identification is free but i still dont understand why items are unidentified if they are already been identified when players collects them into their inventory?!

I think the game designer tried to add free items identification like free identification of unique items from event boss monsters (unique item is identified while it's been collected into inventory) so in that case the 'UNIDENTIFIED' mark isnt necessary.

That is why
    this ring has higher selling price than
    this one.

It is because it is already identified when player collected it into his/her inventory.

edit

Correct me if I am wrong.

yellowfrog. likes this.
  2. cogix

cogix Regular

Identification for unique is free too. I got heredur's buckler and I could id like any other item

3. skillarea1

skillarea1 Active Author

ID equip is free but combine equip is pay, u can choose use gold or use andermant. but i dont know about how much pay for lv 45 and extraordinary equipment for combine. mybe lv 45 combine need gold (10 gold or maybe more) or andermant ( 100 or event more) (CMIW because i dont have lv 45 in TS)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  4. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

They answered that in one of the videos about R139. It's so you can tell what you've had from before, from what you recently got. Also, for the thrill of seeing what new item(s) you received/collected/won.

5. skillarea1

skillarea1 Active Author

i cant imagine how much to pay for combine dragan set for next event, super mega duper OMG :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

6. NightWalker

NightWalker Board Analyst

I think they might make an exception making that really cheap.

As long as the items sell for much more than they do now, I believe that the update is reasonable. However, the vip advantages are just terribly unfair.

moby31 likes this.
  7. soxx101

soxx101 Forum Connoisseur

Instead of farming for cots it will be now endless farming for coins....
    I take it the coin drop rate and amounts will be higher than what they are now to allow for the charges.....
    As for the npc trader 5000 gold for items a little too steep, was the dev team a little drunk when these ideas where concepted.....
    Mystical cubes wow... what are the odds of everyone getting usual crap and not many getting the unique items, just add more drops to the mobs rather than fart about.....

Always A Pleasure
    Soxx..... :)

Wyrwiflaka likes this.
  8. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Level 45 to craft legendary costs 158 gold or 6400 ander. That really isn't saving time when compared to farming 1535 cots. It will make the idea of upgrading gear (gop) a harder choice.

I've used the crafting for the daily bonus since day 1, and now that they have raised to price to take that decision away, it will change the way I play.

I've also been selling white rings/amulets for coins and melting all green/blue/purple for gops so that I could raise my gear, so now that gold has become a premium, I will have to rethink that part of it.

I was looking forward to the update as it had a lot of potential and I've hated farming cots since day 1. However the video said this was being done to take away a little bit of the mindless grinding. Exchanging farming for gold instead of cots is not really an improvement.

Of course, they could raise the prices of gear (sold) and raise the coin drops, but until the release is live, I won't know.

MikeyMetro likes this.
  9. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

It's obvious from the pictures posted over the last few pages that the value of items that are vendor and GOP trash have gone up significantly. The selling price of a level 8 item (without crit dmg or speed) is 20ish copper right now. It looks like the value of items post R139 is almost 10 times more than before. This means a level 45 white amulet will be worth nearly 2 gold. I think peeps are getting into panic mode over this unnecessarily.

What this will do is cause an interesting quandary as the decision to sell or melt an item becomes more competitive.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  10. Something

Something Forum Greenhorn

I just hope that the anders will be delivered in a bit larger packs, cuz it's real pain to open 100 of those 10-20 ander packs..

11. Slitrobo

Slitrobo Forum Connoisseur

I'm looking to get over 100k andermant from all the cot I've hoarded over all. I'm assuming it will have to come in one big lump sum or no more than 4 as packs from each character.

12. jayr3d

jayr3d Regular

all i want to know is when is this update going live please and thank you discussing all the pros n cons wont do much :) so stop arguing with each other and lets just get going to me its possitive for those who are worried about gold farming the drop rates n amount will be higher so hopefully its high enough for us to pay 158 gold for legs

13. bahhumbug

bahhumbug Forum Apprentice

Doesn't really matter, game is still eternal farming. Farm for CoT's now farm for gold. Farm for quest items, cloak frags, PW gear..it's all just farming lol.
    And if you think there will be a noticeable difference in legendary gear drop rates, it will be negligible at most. This patch just made play faster with automatic pick-up and over rewarded the Premium users with free honor. That's just incredibly stupid on the part of DSO lol.
    It won't entice more people to subscribe but will have the opposite effect.
    Once the game goes Pay to Win as it is heading now, the casual player base that play these games look for other games then to play.
    Not impressed with 139 personally. It's all to benefit the premium players and nothing else.
    Achievement tables are nothing but little boxes you get a check mark by. No rewards offered for completing a set of them, just more graphical fluff.
    Whatever.

soxx101 likes this.
  14. cogix

cogix Regular

the problem is not I change the game because here I have to pay to get better gear...
    all games are like that, from candy crush to ninjafruit to DSO to... whatever.
    Developers need to be paid to continue to develop.

If everybody doesn't want to spend any real money in the game, developers won't be payed, so they won't do their job, so you will not have anymore the game.
    Server too need to be checked.. hosting the game is expensive too... internet connection has cost...
    All those expenses are from real money that player pay to play.
    So it is good there are some people spending money for such game, otherwise "free players" will not play beceuse the game will be closed.

synje, Slotharingia and Coograth like this.
  15. jthames

jthames Advanced

@Allogeneous:

I cannot put into words my appreciation/admiration for/of such a sense of humor. It makes a gloom and doom world, such as ours, seem a bit brighter.
    @_G_R_A_M_P_S_[/USER] Your opinion is both coveted and very much respected but our experience w/DSO support is from two different worlds. I've been a 'gamer' since the days Pac-man ruled all the lands and never have I seen support as, well...as supportive as that found on DSO. By that, I don't mean to imply that I always agree with their response...but there is always a response!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  16. -LordZod-

-LordZod- Forum Apprentice

Who in their right mind BUYS CoTs just to put them in storage??? If you are gonna buy CoTs, it should be on something you are going to ID immediately.

17. Wyrwiflaka

Wyrwiflaka Exceptional Talent

Patch 139 is very BAD for premium players.
    BP should give them money back cos they bought other product, not without 90% options. Only new premium account, bought AFTER patch 139, can be change.
    This is against the customer's law in every country. In Germany too.

Yes, first it was look like good for ppl play for free but cost of items combinations is madness and unrealistic in game.
    CoT - gathering a week for id one legend. Gold for make one legend - weeks.
    It should be about 20-30 gold.

18. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

price of items is much higher post identification; afaik the new prices will be the same. If that's the case, a full day (say,4 to 8 hours) of running map 2 should be able to pay for one legendary craft. And any legendaries you find along the away will be identified for free.

Once your character is able to run map 2, you'll be crafting and id'ing legendaries faster than in the COTs world.

19. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

I just ran 4 hours of mini HOD runs (through 2nd boss) and sold everything. I picked up 95 in gold. So if prices don't go up, it's easy enough to get gold, the only issue will be the decision to melt versus sell for upgrades. It's certainly easier than farming for cots which was 1535 and took far longer than 4 hours to get.

20. cogix

cogix Regular

I tried release 139 on TS.
    one improved ring lvl 20 was more than 1 gold and so one improved weapon lvl 20.
    I think they rise up the value of items too.
    So if it is like that, it's not so difficult to farm gold.... unless that is a bug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.