Feedback Release 144

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Feb 10, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vale17

Vale17 Forum Apprentice

As above. Dwarf has lost 1/3 or more of its old firepower on an essential skill.
    As a player, I expect official info: is this an intended change in class skills, or a bug?

IF this is is an intentional change,
    why wasn't it put in release 144 info, and in skill in-game description?

If this is a bug, when will be it noticed by the devs and fixed?

As it stands now, seems like nobody cares about dwarves and the few players who still play one.

MegaNuker, Hellcat54 and Piipero like this.
  2. -HARRA81-

-HARRA81- Forum Mogul

Removing the essence from the arena was great! However, it does big favor for DK. Removing HP pots, at least the universal ones would be good start. I do think that the timer in death matches favors now more DK than any other class ( it has always favored DK's but now even more xD ). Colored loot, what a great idea! Last patches the game is really getting better. Keep up the good work

3. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Following up on what everyone is saying about HP potions, Take out the Universal ones as they are percent based (like the blue-red ess), but leave the regular potions in there. At the same time, make them available from the vendors for silver as opposed to ander (just like the green ess). That way, no one can complain about not having potions as they would be easily available and then it simply becomes a minor/normal part of PvP, just like the Green Ess is.

MegaNuker likes this.
  4. lewcar

lewcar Padavan

That'd be a simple effective solution to a lot of negativity in the arena regarding potion-use.
    Please consider, DSO!

MegaNuker likes this.
  5. Master0fpuppets

Master0fpuppets Forum Baron

Hello,
    Maybe you should turn off feature that 1 person can make-up a group, it's creating one big mess when someone search for a specific group and player are realy lazy to dissmantle a group, instead they just go off.

MegaNuker and _Baragain_ like this.
  6. Grimwood

Grimwood Forum Greenhorn

The new Group system is a good start but needs refinement - quickly!
    Groups with no members online should be deleted after 10 minutes (to allow for disconnections to be recovered)
    Perhaps also remove groups from the list that are full - why do we need to see them?

I think the most important factor in a group is WHERE THE GROUP IS GOING, not the name of the group, where they are or who is running it. So, I would like to see a list of groups that are going to the Map I am interested in, so I can quickly find them and apply to join. It should always be clear where they are going from the list of groups on display. We are not all in Guilds nor do we have friends online at the same time, so the names are not important.

Still saddens me that the single worst problem with the game: The Mouse Pointer has not been addressed yet. Surely you could give us a selection of more visible mouse pointers to use? Even doubling the thickness of the border of the current one would be an improvement!
    It is soo easy to lose sight of it on screen!

Finally, I agree the Dwarf Heavy Shot problem does need to be addressed.

7. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

Can tell you that groups do drop off. I think the timer is 15 mins. I have made a group with my alt toon and after getting back to Kingshill the group wag gone from the sever list. The elapse time was 21 mins.

Grimwood likes this.
  8. DesertKoala

DesertKoala Forum Pro

Overall, I do like this release. A lot has already been said, so I'll keep it just to a simple list of 'wish list' refinements for groups.
    1. Remove groups from search catalog if all members are DC/Offline
    2. Add drop down list of all map destinations so that the Group also shows the intended PVE or PVP. For example, "PVP Storm the Fortress" or "PVE Destructor".
    3. Allow Group checkbox to be 'hidden' from catalog. In other words, some groups want to be left alone. An example would be a group chatting.
    4. Allow all Groups that are not 'hidden' to appear in a world catalog and not just region
    5. Make the catalog searchable even when grouped. Currently, if you are grouped, the catalog is not visible.
    6. If you are within the group, show damage dealt while in group. Make this non visible to non group members. If within group, it would be good to see who is dealing damage and who is painting their toe nails. We know this can be done because it is already tracked when you see your PVP battle results. Just extend it to the PVE world.

OK, great release. Thank you BP.

9. maancrust

maancrust Junior Expert

I don't think it's a good idea to show how much damage an individual person is dealing in PVE within a group. Some people don't do as much damage as they may have only recently reached lvl 45 and just don't do as much damage as someone who has farming PW maps for 2 years. This would discriminate against those who do less damage as others in the group may leave because of it or they might even get kicked from the group.

10. MegaNuker

How would you know who did what damage?

11. maancrust

maancrust Junior Expert

Well in PVP you can see overall damage dealt by an individual.

12. MegaNuker

Where would you see this total at? People come and go in maps pvp has a score board where as pve does not...

13. Grimwood

Grimwood Forum Greenhorn

Hmm, were you in the same region as the original group?

I have done my own test. I was in a group in Andrakasch that was for Stalgard. There were only 2 players in it. The other player logged off but did not leave the group. I left the group and his name was set to group leader. I checked back 45mins later and the group was still there! I went to PW and checked groups and the group was not there. I went back to Andrakasch and it was there.
    So, it looks like groups are by Region and they are not deleted if players are offline. (Maybe the promotion to group leader prevents deletion?)

I hope this helps. Perhaps others can try more tests to see how it works? Maybe we can help the developers fix the problem :)

14. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

I like this release. Now I can afk or forget that I logged in and not come back to a huge stack of invites. I also can do my solos whenever I feel like it without getting interrupted. :D

Group names are a nice touch and definitely a source of giggles. I usually log in and skim the list of groups to see what funnies I can spot.

BigPapa likes this.
  15. 9ndrei

9ndrei Forum Expert

Decent release, but the group finder... man... it's like giving your kid a new bike and see him running beside it. People need to learn to use that. And it isn't that hard.

Among other things I would like fixed.. would be the way the group-list scrolls down. If I wanna find a KHB group.. the game loads just a few groups and there isn't an easy way to scroll down the the letter K. Clicking the arrow is slow and you can't grab the scrolling bar because it constantly loads groups and you need to grab it again and again.

16. MegaNuker

That may be or I might have changed regions while in group and that also made it delete. Also wonder if it was because it was my alternate toon. Will test and thanks for looking and testing.

17. rjrichards

rjrichards Forum Pro

Hmmm seems like my fireball in pvp has slowed up at times and magically returned to it's level 30 fame tree form. Is this lag or some other bug?

On another note it seems Heredur is no longer dropping his unique for me or some others in my guild. Has this drop rate chnaged there? If so, I'm rather peeved about it as I farm him for glyphs daily.

18. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Yes he is dropping the unique shield ... but there is a problem ... there is an glitch ... Heredur's unique item is not glowing yellow instead it is displayed white. That makes some people not to notice it if don't use ctrl key.

rjrichards likes this.
  19. rjrichards

rjrichards Forum Pro

Thanks for the reply and the tip on it not glowing like other items do now after the update. I'm old school and never relied upon the control key to survey the bounty. Up until this eveningI had a long streak without the shield but I'm happy to report in 17 runs I have received it twice. The glow issue appears to have been resolved to match the glow of other items now. Thanks again for your reply.

20. Hellcat54

Hellcat54 Forum Greenhorn

Well Vale17, your right, no one does seem to care about the dwarf class. They have shown this bye not doing the simplest of things and replying to our questions. What a joke! It's why I will not be playing my dwarf until this is fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.