Feedback Release 145

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Mar 3, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesertKoala

DesertKoala Forum Pro

Well, my 'theory' is that they will make the Achievement system a gating factor in your character progression. Follow along with my reasoning for a minute. Much like the economy is fractured with Draken, Glyphs, Andermant and Gold; your Toon's progression is fractured by the Knowledge, Experience and Fame trees. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on the way you build your Toon, those three trees are not locked with one another. That's part of how we ended up in this twink mess.

If the Achievement system matures a bit more, it could be used to unify the three trees. For example, you wouldn't be allowed to progress to new brackets of any of the trees until your Achievement points reached a threshold. And since the achievements cover a wide variety of normal, pw, pvp, pve, and gear tasks; you will be forced to progress all three trees.

Another reason I think this 'theory' holds water is that they have muddled PVP and PVE achievements into the same system. If they kept them separate, I would have thought it just another title specific for PVE.

So you see, the achievements may never be about giving you rewards. They may in fact be about putting up a speed bump so we don't blast through the content expansion.

Or, they are just throwing spaghetti at the refrigerator and seeing what sticks.

We shall see.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  2. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Interesting theory, but if they actually wanted you to accomplish something beyond mindless grinding, they would have to provide a reason to do so.

Look at the specific gear requirements.. Anyone who has played for any length of time knows how lousy the gear drops are, so it is an endless grind looking for gear you WOULD NOT use anyway. So my incentive for searching countless hours for useless gear is ????????? Oh yeah, a title.

I am not sure that it is even possible that I could care less about a useless (self edit) title...

The last handful of "updates" have had 1 purpose, to increase the grind with zero reward.

Just consider what players have asked (begged) for versus what we've actually gotten.

I've seen plenty of threads on improving gear stats, adding new and better gear, new pets, new mounts, bug fixes, a reason to visit Gnob, better events, better crafting system, more useful drops, increase in coin drops, adding higher end drops on end maps, bosses that might drop something worth the reason to beat them...

You know, things that would give players a reason to play and may encourage them to pay.

What did we get?

Jesters. Paid crafting. Gear comparison. Lower gear stats. Higher level gems. A premium NPC that no end user could use. The original grimm taken away. A redo on the early maps. The newest currency (clovers). The main currency switched to gold so we are forced to decide between selling/melting. Useless titles. Achievements with no purpose.

So in the end all we really got was grinding, more grinding and even more grinding for less and less rewards with each update.... If I wanted to kill a game, I couldn't think of a better way to do it...

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  3. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

After. I still see the incorrect numbers on this gun.
    But seems most of the other items are fine.

For more information, this is a level 20 green gun with 7.2% attack speed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.