Feedback Release 148

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Apr 23, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fab

fab Advanced

Why the rubberbanding is always there and i have been sending many tickets to support until my mails is consider spam LOL.
    My internet speed is good and connection is alway at tip top condition, simply too hard to play when it just suddenly log you out for no good reason and rubberbanding is another major issue, let alone the teleport sends you back to the same old spot again and again.
    And skills disappearing, total failure

tinyboom likes this.
  2. yiannis_l

yiannis_l Forum Apprentice

I really think that, sounds since R148 was launched, are more muted and by far not as crystal as before...:confused:

Imho, they must revert to the old sound system, OR majorly upgrade this one fast! :(

3. DesertKoala

DesertKoala Forum Pro

No Event lag here at all. If your lag persists, may I recommend that you switch to a SW were death explosion is useful?

In all seriousness, the only time I see any lag is if I'm in a 5v5 with multiple opposing spellweavers throwing down singularity. That soup does seem to create some computational problems but I don't know if that is client or server side. I'm not talking about the slowdown intended by singularity. I'm referring to my toon's inability to activate any skills. I don't mind crawling hand and knee through the soup but it would be nice to launch some barbs or bird. For example, running through two or more overlapping singularities seems to create problems. Of course I can't test this in a way consistent enough to write a support ticket so it is purely observational.

4. pydragons

pydragons Padavan

I cant say the game is that much laggy, sometimes is but I can blame only the poor dev's.
    I think fab is talking about smoothnes of the game, this is not necceserily network lag but might be graphical lag. In fact, to create a smooth gameplay you need to top-notch both aspects.
    DSO is not a smooth and never was, I follow the game since the beggining and I'm 100% sure of my statement.
    Just look at all the other hack and slash games, DSO cant achive that level of their game running so smooth.
    Coding smooth gameplay needs professionalism.

5. Master0fpuppets

Master0fpuppets Forum Baron

Things wrong with R148:
    - Huge load on hard drive and game load 2x slower compared to R147 and consumes more RAM memory
    - Screen freeze, sometime (on Inter Core i3 - no comment)
    So where ever you where trying to fix with R148 you did fix but you also created more realy annoying problems, poor job boys.
    Here is a sugestion, test new versions for 1 full month then update regular server that we play on, and do some more work to optimize hardware not use more of it like in R148.

tinyboom likes this.
  6. draco994

draco994 Active Author

after the new release and it s patch download, using client preload, i experience no sound in some matches and after some time getting sounds with lot of noises and then it comes back to normal but taking lot of time .. at the same time every patch makes it 1.1 gb preload download is just hard to find especially every week patch update, well, more than 6 gb or 7 gb download only for patch and release to play a month is just abnormal .. well the patch should be in seperate blocks and should update only that like we do in antivirus not the whole thing,

Darwarren likes this.
  7. Trailboss1

Trailboss1 Forum Mogul

My stun skills are hit and miss. Sometimes they activate, but fail to stun. And sometimes I have to hit the hotkey several times in order to activate it...and hope it works properly.

Not sure (with all the explosions and singularity and every other effect) but sometimes I think my mouse jumps to different locations.

draco994 likes this.
  8. draco994

draco994 Active Author

for a dk, the charge skill at most of the time fail to stun all the mobs that are hit even though the last one targeted was stunned or some times missed , eventhough the skill says so

9. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Lately I've found that skills engage late or don't cause an effect on the mobs. For example, my SW is trying to teleport away from a Technikus Engineer's screw and nothing happens until after I've been hit (or even later) and then I teleport to wherever my mouse is now, even though I clicked a long time ago. Alternately I'll cast a Nova and the ice comes up but the mobs keep moving. Maybe it is lag but I haven't experienced that kind of lag prior to this update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.