Feedback Release 152

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Jun 17, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makaveli25

Makaveli25 Forum Greenhorn

This update is pretty useless in my opinion, you get 1 good drop for the first time you kill then after that nothing really changes, except u dont see much white items drop any more from these bosses. Was hoping they increase the looting where it matter the most in pw bosses. Take a good team to kill khaly and mortis, plus u gotta wasted essence to kill them which is not cheap for 1 pink most of the time.Pretty boring for endless grinding and the reward is not even great.Especially mortis take tons of red ess to kill it and you will get only 1 pink lucky if u get leg. And when a unique drop it alway the necklace, got over 100 of them :(:(.

2. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I don't think its useless - the first time killing a boss should be a relatively special event. This might not be a good update for end gamers but its a good update for new people trying to play the game....

Morinphen and _Baragain_ like this.
  3. Makaveli25

Makaveli25 Forum Greenhorn

Yup ur right is pretty useless update for endgame player, but look around most are endgame players. So im glad they are doing something good for new player like you :).

4. Wiggles

Wiggles Active Author

End Gamers, New Gamers... You guise do realize that what they have done is taken away unique and legendary drops from us all from now on right?

One time and that's it. BUY premium now! Buy essence now! You'll get legendaries if you hit hard enough to get lots of cubes.

5. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

Some of the bosses people will only kill one time. Makeing it rememorable is a good thing. Why do enhancements have to suit endgamers. Can they not enhance the game for new comers?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    Morinphen likes this.
  6. Mindship

Mindship Forum Inhabitant

Redid most unique bosses. The leg and unique drops were nothing to write home about. Either they weren't as good as the gear I already have (which, in all fairness, is pretty good), or, I already had the item.

Again, I wonder: does the game software keep track of what gear we already have and "gears" the drops towards that end? Well, one good thing about deserts of inferior/redundant gear: I don't spend glyphs, andermant nor $$$ to keep playing.

7. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

So, here is the list of "Rewarding Bosses"
    Gorga, Herald, Sigris, Khalys, Arachna, Bearach, Heradur, and Medusa.

I also checked a couple of other minor dugon bosses and they were normal. Those included the head councel witch in Grotto, Yackach in caves, the tree in Rootrock.

Here is the 8 drops (In the order that the bosses are listed above) that I got from the rewarding bosses.
    [​IMG]
    The Atlantis shield is nice becaus I've been meaning to start working on that achievement, and it gives me a nice start. The only other half way decent item was the shield I got from Khalys... it is the best shield I've seen since the nerfing of nice shields.
    [​IMG]
    If only that damage line had been another reduction line of 40% or more, would have beat my current legendary 80%/80%.

I'll echo what Nova said. It is a nice release for those still leveling. Makes their first boss run special... I just hope that they understand that the drop is because it is their first run and they don't expect those drops regularly. Otherwise, the bosses might feel like a bait and switch scam to an unaware player. Now, one simple thing that they can do to make all the end game players happy, improve the drops from all the mini bosses in PWs to an exo drop minimum, just like the knights of map2.

Morinphen likes this.
  8. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

Goto R139 and look for the bold print
    Adjustments To The Power Ranges Of Enchanted Items

This is about as much info as there has ever been released that pertains to your question.

Anyone try the small tomb?

9. Mindship

Mindship Forum Inhabitant

It makes it sound positive. That certainly hasn't been my experience. Allow me to rephrase: I wonder how much the drop quality is programmed to frustrate players into spending more. For me, it's having the opposite effect. I just dial up more patience.

10. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

You just called Novadude a new player? LOL.
    That's the usual "here's a taste" method that could make some people buy stuff from BP. However, Premium won't affect the boss drops, and the rewards from the cubes are more often than not, not that great. Anyway, how is this update taking drops "from us all" ?
    I suppose the uniques you have don't affect what you might get. It certainly doesn't remember and give you different stuff. And I hope it's not the other way around either... that'd be very blamable, misleading and kind of a fraud... also unprofessional on their part. But it's probably not.
    This is what I was saying in one other thread around here... offensive enchantments on defensive offhands... it's beyond silly, to put it mildly.

I redid the bosses as well. Yep, only for the first time. That's good for people who won't bother with most bosses more than once (which is like 90% of us, because 90% of the normal bosses won't be actively farmed), and it is very helpful to new players, as it's been already said. All of the bosses gave me one legendary item (out of which only one was better... because I had kind of a crappy crystal, but this new one is also ruined by a line of 6% critical damage - excuse the divagation, but didn't they say they made it so these lines are at least 10%? yeah, right... - ... at least the other 3 lines are better and I'm almost done with the "Handsome Man" achievement) and two uniques (from Bearach and Heredur :(... damn, and I wanted at least one of the remaining Deep Sea items I don't own... oh, well).

All in all, nice update for once. After the last one made it so that the client remains in the language you last used it in, this was a nice little boost (well, we higher-level players did get some gold/glyphes, so it's alright), so keep going this way, BP!

I did notice two things, though: they haven't added temporary versions for Zahir's new emotes & costumes, and there's an annoying heartbeat sound whenever you enter the loading screen. That sound effect is the one that kicks in when you're low on health, so it's appearing where it shouldn't. I hope it doesn't, in return, skip the times it should appear :p.

11. Wiggles

Wiggles Active Author

If you can't get anything but a onetime good drop what would be the point of farming? Since farming is a part of MMO life. What replaces it? Are uniques outside of event items gonna be removed from the game? And I am saying if you can't get anything special from the bosses no more than once. Then you will have to rely on the cubes you get from premium that you get more of the harder and faster you take out MOBS.

And this affects new players as well as us old ones if you can only get a onetime only boss drop of something nice. That is, taking unique and legendary drops from us all.

========
    [​IMG]

12. Novadude

Seriously? As far as i can tell, the after the first time boss drops in R152 are the same as they were in R151. Only the first kill was tweaked.

The point is to encourage people to level up to endgame. The leveling from 1 to 40 portion of the game is doable solo, so with the 7 legs/uniques for each boss kill, new players will obtain something useable for a time as they level up thru the bosses. Additionally, as 2 of the bosses are level 40, new players could get 2 level 40 items that can used while leveling from 40 to 45 (which, by the way, is easier now after R151) until they get better level 43~45 items. All this shortens the time it takes to have a character able to survive endgame.

13. Wiggles

Wiggles Active Author

Seriously your are not changing the fact that from bosses dropped certain unique items and taking that away will affect the game play.

I have not just hit the bosses just once so far the first kill is the only unique or legendary drop. try a few days of runs and see if you can anything but white, green, and blue...

Leveling on bosses was always silly. You want to level do parallel worlds before 151 even, just saying.

14. Novadude

Are you twinking? Because the only benefit to making some of these low level bosses continually drop legs and uniques as you seem to be suggesting would be to provide melts for twinks. Level ~23 and up twinks would just speedfarm heredur for legendaries and uniques (heredurs buckler/offhanss gives 4400 glyphs) and melt everything to put into twink gear.

The bosses previously only gave greens and blues and only rarely pinks and legendaries and almost never gave uniques. During my entire time before this update I only got 1 unique (prismatic belt) in leveling from 1 to 40, and then at 40 I crafted my legendaries and then after level 45 was introduced I focused on getting event gear.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  15. Morinphen

Wiggles, you don't really make sense. They made it so you get a legendary item and/or a unique or extraordinary the first time each normal boss is killed, which is helpful while leveling up. I could've really used them when I was growing from 1 to 40. This doesn't affect the usual drop rates at all (plus, most of the normal bosses will not be actively farmed, as I've already said before). From the second time you beat them after R152 is the same as it was pre-R152. I think they did this because of the event. Why? Well, lower-level people have to grind immensely if they want to finish it... but it's not designed to be completed at, say, lv10. That's because the grand prizes are a cape (for which you need the talent) and an epic mount (for which, again, you need the talent), i.e. items that a regular low-level couldn't use. So, since they gave us higher-levels an event (yeah, boring... repetitive... but not everybody has managed to complete it, albeit at higher levels... I'm 44 and I never did it, and only seen it one other time since I've started, so I wouldn't mind the epic mount, since it'd be my first... the cape's kinda good too, since I only have the second cloak from the Cloak of Power questline), they also gave the lower-levels a present. Plus, as I've said before, we've got some extra gold/glyphes, so why complain?

16. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

R152 is a good starting point ... now make similar thing to the PW's so we can play other maps and not just m2.
    I got 6 unique and many legendary items ... and Wiggles 2 of those unique and few legendary items were after the "first" kill.
    Too bad Destructor has no normal mode.

17. Morinphen

If they implement it to PWs, I hope we get a longer lasting boost :p, since there it doesn't really make sense to boost only the first kill, as, unlike most of the normal bosses, those maps are played intensively.

18. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

What's not been mentioned is that this was a fix to our complaints about boss' dropping green and white items and HOD being the only reliable GOP farm location. All the bosses are dropping, at minimum, a blue item now with higher purple drop chances. I see the first time kill thing as a grand opening kind of deal.

I wanted to see what changes there were and ran gorga norm non-stop for an hour and walked out with 35k GOP. OK, not as good as HOD can be, but definitely easier. It's a step in the right direction and hope they continue the idea by making all PW minis drop a purple.

Morinphen likes this.
  19. loudmute

loudmute Someday Author

what about medusa?

20. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Read below (or above if you just scroll up). I'm pretty sure that is the exhaustive list of the special bosses with the improved drops.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.