Feedback Release 152

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Jun 17, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

M'Edusa works the same way. In my case, she dropped a legendary after the first kill.

2. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

M'Edusa did not give me a legendary drop on the first run, but the other 7 gave me a legendary or a unique. She gave me a purple, generous for her.
    In fact, M'Edusa hasn't given me a legendary in the last year. Once before I got a purple, but its almost always a blue or a green on the top of the drop. Maybe my profile is bugged in that respect. I'm still searching for the Crystal Pearl of the Deep. LOL

3. sirsquishy

sirsquishy Junior Expert

Completely agree. For those who can pretty easily kill gorga but can't quite breeze through hod in a timely manner, this improvement helps in gaining gops.

While I was leveling up and forced to grind gorga over and over, the majority of drops were green with an occasional gem dropped. Now the vast majority are blue with the occasional purple thrown in.

This may not be a game changer for stronger characters, but for the intermediate character it can help quite a bit.

Hopefully this is just a first step and we'll see some improvements on other maps so everyone isn't forced to only have hod to grind.

DesertKoala and Novadude like this.
  4. loudmute

loudmute Someday Author

Deep sea set didn't use to drop on gorga normal or hard on wiki page. Now gorga normal has a chance of dropping almost 11 uniques (keen set, deep sea set, tegan armour, legend and most likely tiamat also). what is the point of farming other region for deep sea when one can gorga normal over and over for highest chance of uniques. that's almost exploit and makes deep sea set less valueable because it is so easy to complete.

5. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

Wanted to say Thank-you for this update. I needed gear for my mech level 32 and doing Herald 10 times provided me with quite a few items. I was able to combine with the workbench for extro item and sell off the other 5 items to help me pay. I always got a blue item no greens unless I get a blue and a green. A very very welcomed update indeed.

6. Morinphen

Gorga IS in the Atlantis region :rolleyes:. Thus, I'm pretty sure she could and has dropped Deep Sea pieces in the past. Also, you CAN'T farm her over and over with a higher chance for uniques; this is just a first-kill bonus, after which she returns to her normal drop rate & content. Outside of it, Gorga's just as stingy as anything else. And trust me, no set is easily completed... there's no exploit that makes stuff less valuable (plus, Deep Sea is not the best set ever anyway).

Darwarren likes this.
  7. Wiggles

Wiggles Active Author

Wanted to say Thank-you for this update 152.6 But I think put it back to wrecked with 152.8 though.

[​IMG]

8. Morinphen

Despite two hotfixes, trouble's still there. Actually, I've had more connectivity issues and lag with every update, rather than less.

9. loudmute

loudmute Someday Author

Theory and reality is different. Deep sea drops outside atlantis region (helios) if you check the Wikipedia or know from experience. Its not an exploit in the sense that it can be obtained quickly but in the sense that there is no point farming other atlantis region because most of us had to farm gorga from lvl 38-42 for xp which means it makes deep sea set less unqiue. Deep sea is certainly not the strongest, powerful or most useful set but it is certainly one of the nicest set because of the artwork and the high quality bonus.

10. Morinphen

It's not theory and reality. The uniques are set into the drop table of the whole region of Helios & Atlantis, and they drop when they drop... depending on your luck. You've said it yourself, Gorga was one of the hotter places in these regions to be farmed since people did it for the XP, but that doesn't mean the other maps will have lower general drop rate (Temple Sector has more confirmed drops, yes, but that's because it has so many mini-bosses, which should trigger better chances, but they don't guarantee that). A player could do non-stop Gorga Normal or Temple Sector and find no piece, then randomly go to Mystra, kill the first mob and get one, THEORETICALLY. Bottom line: one map (and possible alterations on it) won't affect the others in drops, it's just perception. Players frequenting some maps rather than others due to whatever reasons is another thing. You can't say that one map doesn't drop while another one does and call it a problem if 90% of people visit place B while place A is only visited by 10%. Technically, it's equal chances everywhere, but then in come some factors that change our perspective on the matter.

As for the set itself, yeah, I like it too for the overall looks around the element of water, and the bonuses are rather nice for defense. The last bonus is a killer if you can come up with enough crit. rate to make it useful (best combos would be the Dark Set or the Witch Set, coupled with a good belt and ring with crit. rate). Not the best/most popular way to go, but it could be handy enough if used properly.

UNRELATED EDIT:

OK, I've just about had it, BUGpoint! Since your last hot"fix", I got MORE & MORE connectivity issues that forced me to have to re-login, sometimes with 2 tries. Now I got another one, and this time I can't go back online. I managed to enter the forums, but I got this:

Error message

Technical error occurred while retrieving the game data. Please contact Support.

Really? Why is it my fault that the game failed to retrieve game data (the same way it had done so many times so far? WTH?). Like, hell no, am I gonna have to send a ticket and wait for the event to time out on me (in which I was doing fine enough to be able to finish it today and tomorrow) while Support eventually replies and/or eventually gives me a proper fix? Forget it. You don't wanna know what thoughts I have my mind full of right now... due to regulations, I cannot post them here :mad:, but you get the bloody point! Thanks a lot! You should probably look the word "fix" up in the dictionary... OK, coding is complicated, I get it, but so damn complicated that 90% of updates comes with more bugs & errors? Come on!

Sorry for the rant, but I've had something pretty bad happen a couple of days ago... and this just makes me fly off the handle.

I managed to log in now... but there better not be any more. Come on... I've had a limited play time for this event already due to RL, and I want to complete an event for once (haven't played them enough so far... after all, I haven't been playing for that long, despite being lv44) and get that dragon for my first epic mount.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.