Feedback Release 155 bugs

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by trakilaki, Aug 18, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Either it has swapped what should be the reduced damage with what should be the applied damage: or, when you block it is not counting any armor reduction. Lets say a mob hits you for 1k naked. IF you have 50% armor it would cause 500 dmg. If you had 65% block reduction( I know that's not the right term) you should take around 150-175 damage because of the armor reduction AND block. I never figured out the absolute formula in Pre-R155 for armor/block combo. But now you would take 350 dmg.

OK now multiply that by 10 for the new system and higher damage of mobs. 10k damage naked, 5k armor reduced damage nonblocked. Old-1500 when you block, new 3500 when you block.

No wonder we're dying with impunity.

I truly don't mind that they modified mobs to make thinks challenging and in many cases LOVE what they did with random enchants, speed of mobs, swarm mentality, etc etc. In fact it's what we asked for, make it fun, new and different.

But, this block thing is obviously not intentional. It cant be as it doesn't work the way the percentages present, nor as the mechanic logically should function. This is a game breaking flaw that most don't even realize is happening to them so they modify their gear, gems, skills and tactics based on the error. As a 50 I should feel like a stronger better toon that can do more than I did at 45. Quite the opposite is true so this part of the game is disappointing despite all the amazing things they added.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    Darwarren and Yogo like this.
  2. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

What is intentional or what is accidental? That is hard to discern. Just because I like the game, doesn't mean the companies are innocent. Responsible companies fix their problems and take care of their customers.
    No one can image an employee who uses poor workmanship to stick it to a boss, or who gets hammered on the job and screws up? Come on, now, really?
    There are numerous lousy companies that intentionally have poor quality and lousy customer service. They cut costs by not doing what is necessary to get the job done. What money they save is taken by the bosses and shareholders. Corruption estimates run as high as 40% + in some industries.
    All of these problems are on-going and never ending for BigPoint, since they changed structure, years ago. If it was accidental, good people wouldn't let it happen over and over. DSO is taking some steps to make it better, but the core is rotten.

IMHO, :p

3. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Knowing that this game just became one big mess ... are you still on your opinion that there was only one bug that was fixed really fast? :D

Now every single thing in this game is bugged ... because the devs think that WE the players are bunch of lunatics and our testing and feedback from the test server is not relevant. One admin on TS said: relax the devs were attending universities for a long time .. they are trained ... they know what they are doing. :D
    So do WE!
    We are university educated as well ... and maybe their time at universities was so long because they were unable to pass the exams. Who knows.
    The devs are having edge over us only when it comes to finesses ... because they know more details about secret info in these game than we do .... but overall ... we have a HUGE advantage over them ... because WE are educated gamers. Gamers are playing the game and the devs are using only assumptions and techniques that they were told at university ... but they are lacking the most valuable thing ... and that is real life experience!

BigPapa when it comes to that blocking bug and the shields ... we were discussing with a friend of mine how much the blocking is bugged and the devs have made one big mess ... and he said to me :
    "Yeah ... you don't have a 4-year degree in shields ... they do ... so what the hell would you know? " :D

Yeah ... I am finishing my rant :D

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  4. tassadar1977

tassadar1977 Forum Expert

its obvious why it was done. the more people die, the more likely (in BP mind) people will buy premium to survive

5. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

The block bug confirms what you just said.
    They do dmg×reduction instead of dmg×(1-reduction). This one should have been covered by unit tests, I'm not even talking about TDD. It should have passed the peer code review. There should have been a QA test case. Looks like everything with their Dev process is broken.

cdeepal likes this.
  6. Guitarman

Guitarman Forum Master

My toons mana, steam and concentration talent get deselected every time enter into 1on1...... Please correct it as we are like practically fighting handicapped....

7. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Yup, college may be an entrance requirement for hiring, but grads know just enough to be dangerous. I've seen amateurs with degrees screw up major projects with the tiniest of oversights, because they and their bosses thought themselves immune to regret.
    What they don't know may hurt them, but it hurts us first. Here the players suffer the regret because of company policy, the rush to market, the urge to send it broken. When their plan fails, they push it out the door anyway, just good enough; otherwise they have nothing to warrant a paycheck. Adapting to make quality goals is not in the budget, or maybe, quality goals are special for gaming software.

Player charity may keep them in business for a while. Humor helps take the sting out of it.
    My rhetorical question of the day: Who said, "There's a sucker born every minute"? ;)

8. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

LMAO-There's a reason 2nd Leiutenants in the military find a good Senior NCO as a mentor. A degree provides you with general knowledge about a field to help you to GET some jobs, it rarely qualifies you to do them. Take that from a guy that has two MA's, a BA, 2 AA's and 2 AS's. It was the certifications that realy held value. The were proof I could actually do something. Looking at jobs advertisements? The line that says SALARY DOE, guess what the E stands for, it's not education. I have more degrees than a sane person should, but that doesn't mean much to a ranger with a broken shield. The 25 years of gaming experience, database development and coding however; is pretty valuable.

I will say something I've alluded to for years though. The Dev's don't always know what to fix. They get the reports and see the complaints on the forum, hear things from the CM's and Mod's. Most of it is just noise: anger, misunderstanding, misreading, personal error, random issues that are operator error, etc etc. Without knowing our qualifications and validity of our comments, they would make a snap judgement on wether to give credibility to our issue. If they hear the same thing a bunch of times or from multiple people it gives it credibility. So, a single, my shield is broken falls on deaf ears because they know they made changes to it and assume I just don't understand how it should work. But when they hear it over and over from dif people... well then it gets looked at. There's a reason they have some "friend" come into DSO's office play the game and say "I don't like..." and its changed within a few releases. Read that as "remove Crystals of Truth." As opossed to continued repeat for years to fix the mouse pointer and add quick slots they get from the forums. They can't see that we are well educated experienced gamers with valid input because the valid input is smothered by triviality. We're all just one of the bees in the hive making noise.

Dragonnns likes this.
  9. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Which brings us to another point: Why should the developers rely so much on support tickets and the forum for reports of flaws?
    One would expect minor or personal problems to go to support, and suggestions for improvement and feedback to appear on the forums. But major flaws should have been discovered and fixed before release, not when they fail for the players. Can you imagine an automaker shipping cars, that they couldn't drive out of the factory? Ludicrous.
    Even amateur programmers know to check their work. System checks and tests are Standard Operating Procedures for reputable manufacturers, even in the software industry. The supervisors and managers ought to know, but they send out the releases anyway. Token acknowledgements of errors, and promises to "look into it," or "forward it to the developers" should be unnecessary.

Some of us are still waiting for BigPoint to get its act together; some aren't.

cdeepal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.