Feedback Release 155 (Rise of Balor)

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Aug 26, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. bonjourvietnam

bonjourvietnam Someday Author

DK is a melee class, that means we should stand on the front line to hit and get hit and our main skill is depend on rage created when hit or get hit. But now, you guys the Devs nerf "Passive Rage Generation" so bad.
    PvE now harder.
    PvP now is so unbalance, DK can't generate enough rage to attack, Mages now rule the world with very high crit rate using book (they just stand far away and bam bam and teleport and bam bam...same as ranger with very high attack speed)

crazyelli likes this.
  2. xmageeq

xmageeq Forum Apprentice

From what I've seen so far:
    1. Destruction skill point 3 upgrade bugged ( over 5 mobs hit resets the skill completely )
    2. 70 % +/- of community negative about critical chance nerf, 30 % +/- switching to 2 handed weapon
    3. Some translations aren't done yet, I hope with release 156 everything would be smooth and cleared of buggy quests also
    4. Defense calculator bugged, the damage reduction on block formula doesn't work properly
    5. Exp reward from quests kinda low on 45-46 maps ( dunno for higher ones ), I know it's not supposed to be 5 days and 50 level but still
    6. Wisdom tree 140 points with only 50 available
    7. Enchantment of items unbalanced from higher and lower to max

What I think can be improved:
    1. Destruction 3 point upgrade - restores 3 mana per hit - not 5
    2. Lowering the cap of 9k max crit to 8k - more worth looking for critical chance and damage items
    5. Exp can be doubled in 45-46 maps, my opinion
    6. 20 points per usable talent ( att speed, hp, dmg, movement speed ) - not 25
    Rest ( 3./4. and 7. ) are going to be fixed :) I HOPE

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  3. ]Luzzien[

]Luzzien[ Forum Greenhorn

2 handed weapons should get their old attack speed, it's soooo boring playing with that now... :( .. otherwise you should keep the wisdom/knowledge branch opened without cap, so we can keep going and recover the attack speed we had slowly... pleaaase :)

4. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Kind of amusing how the monsters in Lortac are actually harder to fight than what I remember in PWs pre-r155. XD Truth be told, when I'm wandering Lortac I feel more like I'm constantly in PvP with fast moving monsters attacking me out of the blue. Darned buggers keep backing up so fast my lightning strike misses hitting them. There simply aren't enough talent points for me to put into making my meteor fall faster now since this talent got shoved into the xp tree. In other words, this skill is virtually useless against these fast moving things. I am wondering if it's time to revisit the impact time needed for these heavy hitting skills if all monsters in the future are going to be hurtling along that fast. Otherwise it might be time to join the mindless masses and get a superspeed wand and just shoot chain lightning till it stops twitching.

In any case, Singularity should not cost ess by default now, since the default damage was removed. It should only cost ess if the talent for damage is selected.

Since the talent trees are so customizable now, I am wondering why there aren't the Setup 1 and 2 options for the Wisdom and Honor Trees as well. Indeed, why not sell the ability to have more than just those few setups if people want it.

Overall... mixed feelings about this update. There's a certain amount of "Yay, something new to do at last!" that makes me happy. But there's a lot of broken features that need to be fixed, and a lot of recuperating to do from all the nerfing. (Don't think I didn't notice that natural mana regen nerf! >:v)

5. Arechia

Arechia Someday Author

What can I say about r155? It's one hell of a bug. Every day I face technical difficulties. If my quests won't get reset by changing the maps, I'll get a bug where all the textures just won't show up, causing "the cat NPC" to hang onto my screen. The client will stop working and when I try to log in again, I get an error 23 - my character is already in the game. When I finally get to the game, the moment I try to go anywhere, I get a black screen and the game stops working for good. It happened yesterday, it happened today and it'll probably happen tomorrow. Luckly, my premium had end right before r155 and I didn't buy another one (and I won't do it, probably ever again). Not to mention, groups, friend lists and guilds are working on/off.

It was said the items won't change, but they did. My weapon gained almost 2x dmg because of the bonus it had, but I didn't feel it tbh. I've still got over 100 dmg reduced, exactly the same amont as a friend of mine so... no idea what happened. I've also got 2% less def, over 700 less HP and more than 100% less crit and about 15% less block. Our characters were supposed to be weakened by about 10%, not as much as they did!

The prices for green and blue items got extremely reduced so earning gold is pretty hard now (I wonder how am I supposed to earn 1k gold for the last cloak now?). Mobs on new maps have far too big dmg, parallel worlds got destroyed (too difficult!) so what else can I do in this game? Oh, wait, right now I can't do anything, because I can't even log into the game so... yeah. Everything we were promised didn't happen so we were nicely lied about all the changes to make us optimistic, but the reality is much different. Although I do like the new skill system, but I need 70 points to get what I need to play without nerves. As for now, with all the issues, I'm seriously thinking about dropping this game for good.

Hannai and Xanlin like this.
  6. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Fwiw, i feellike I'm actually getting more gold for my green items, but thats probably because the gold price spread is wider and i only sell green items worth 15 silver or more, and melt everything else.

7. Xanlin

Xanlin Forum Greenhorn

I am dropping this game for good. It WAS fun. I built a DK because of it's uniqe abilities when fighting. You took that away, now DK's are useless, unless they are already super OP. I know many people who feel the same way. DSO doesnt care. As long as the new people come in and spend $$$ .. thats all that matters.
    I am pissed I spent sooooo many hours building my DK only to have it taken down to ashes, but at least I didnt waste money on this game.
    Goodbye everyone...it's been fun.

Hannai and m0m0revenge like this.
  8. AlexC

AlexC Forum Apprentice

"Fire Relics (2/2)" quest: Magic Flame Stone doesn't drop. Already did 5 runs killing all bosses and deleted and started quest again. I think it dropped once but it disapeared from my inventory, and after that no longer drops.

9. Drakensangterrier

Drakensangterrier Forum Greenhorn

Hello there.
    I am more lurker than anything else, but I feel compelled to give feedback as I will be leaving the game shortly for a number of reasons and all of them have to do with the R155. If this is the wrong section, please relocate accordingly.
    I played all 4 classes on both American servers and had levelled 4 to 45;2 to 44; and 2 to 43 before this patch. I do not PVP. Once the final skill bonus was acheived for the appropriate class was achieved, the whole game became signicantly easier as I rebalanced each class skill modifications for a more synergistic build.
    I started grouping a lot more as now I actually felt I could contribute and not feel like a burden to anyone. ( No individual ever made me feel that way, was just my outlook.) The recent desert event was actually playable this time around. most equipment was very acceptable for my modest playstyle. Quality of life changes the devs had provided also made a difference.
    Started going out of my way to make friends and was seriously considering accepting the guild offers that were being sent my way.
    The game had become fun. More fun than I thought I was having before.
    Enter R155.
    As other worthies in the forum indicated far better than I can - health, attack speed, and crit took a huge hit ; damage was improved on all. (Spellweavers by a huge margin in my case.)
    Old world fights were over very fast one way or another, but I adapted my playstyle and carried on. Lotac is adifferent critter, tho. Combat is also over very fast with me on the losing side way too often. Either the indigeonous mobs have too much damage, or more likely our defensive attributes have een over-nerfed, or both.
    We were told that nothing or at most a modest negative adjustment would be taken away via the levelling trees and gear. This is a complete falsehood. Intentional or not, we are all weaker in that we cannot compensate with the existing talent points for what was removed.
    With the status modifiers, we are forced to take from an already inadequate talent point pool to customize a skill to compensate, further removing the skill from what it used to be. Old sytem, we had a viable skill the level we aquired it with a useful mod for that or another right around the corner. New system, you have to wait at least two levels to modify it in some way to bring a part of it back to what it used to be. I can only imagine what a pain it would be for a veteran to begin from scratch now.
    Two easy solutions for Skills would be to: A - add additional 2 or 3 talent points on the level you aquire a new skill so you can at least make the skill close to what it used to be or at least take advantage of one of the nifty new options right away. Or B - reduce the number of talent points required for a mod by 1 for the weakest two modifications.
    Wisdom tree does not seem right for a level 45, but after acheiving epic mount, no idea the solution but maybe offering 1 point per level.
    No idea about the Fame tree as I do not PvP.
    There is still plently of room for customization so no two toons are exactly alike. If the trepidation against offering this is that we will receive too much, my thought is "Why would that matter to the devs?" Every player would be much happier and not feel punished by such sweeping changes that they did not ask for to begin with. Players still have to manage their toons more carefully than the past. And the devs still have a new sytem in place for future buillding efforts.
    If the new system is not significantly altered, the DK is all but completely borked. The ranged characters may find a place of tolerance.
    On the positive side - the new zones and critter graphics are interesting to look at. Visually a pleasnt addition overall. Enjoyed the storyline so far and hunting for non marked targets not that inconvenient. The new gem changes and strage spaces are very much a welcomed feature. The new creatures are interesting combatwise, but the boss mobs are so overpowered that even two in the same aggrofield are too mush for a non-optimized solo effort now that defence and health are compromised on our toons.
    The weapon revamp ended up making all of my toons better base damage wise, but the attack speed really hurt. That coupled with the overhaul on single handed axes, removed my speed bonus and replaced it with a now useless crit modifier and my DK on Agathon is unplayable when coupled with all the other sweeping changes.
    I would be happier if DSO would just revert back to the old sytem. I know that woun't happen as the whole reason for the changes seems to exist to facillitate the new stunning feature no one asked for.
    Anyway, my 2 copper pieces.
    Thank you for staying with me this far.
    And as this is my last time here, thank you very much to the whole community ingame and the forums. Way too many to list individually but you made my time here much more enjoyable. And really, thank you devs for what you have done up to this point and for what you tried to do with R155.
    Peace all.

gemon666, edrogers56, Arechia and 2 others like this.
  10. Shiladitya

Shiladitya Padavan

Ok. So I tried out the skills/knowledge/fame with live server proper gears, lvl45 Dk and this post is only as DK feedback.

1> I still find the new skill "battle frenzy" for DK's useless. Please remove it completely if you may consider. Put regen back on furious cry by replacing the 2 point or 5 point skill and dragon hide by replacing the 3 point skill. for lvl45 skill maybe give a "chain-hook" sort of skill which if you manage to hit oppnent with, would drag them to front of you. 2 points would keep the attention of the monster(s) dragged, on you for few secs, 3 points increase the "End-Width" of the hook which would increase the amount of monsters that can be dragged near you or players, on 5 points maybe add a direct increase in crit chance OR speed by maybe 10%CHR Or 20% speed for 3 secs pvp/ 6 seconds pve after the monster(s)/ player(s) have been dragged in front of you. The opponents would be able to avoid same way they avoid stuns by debuff(get out of being dragged)/immunity(not be dragged at all). NOTE: I am not a game dev, this is just a skill i thought up which could be useful both in pvp or pve which is as it should be. it might be OP or unbalanced or it might take the devs too much work to develop the needed things or it might just be a balanced skill that the DK's receive with all the nerfing that's been going on, but please give it a thought, but any skill on similar lines would be more useful and as @CM Greg had once said, more "flashy" as a lvl45 skill should be. In any case try to change the current new skill. You can gather more data on this and act.

2> The 5 point upgrade of ground breaker, splitting earth, has too low a damage impact reach. Either increase the radius of the fire damage or do the fire damage impact along the whole path ground breaker travels.

3>The skill tree, knowledge tree, fame tree needs atleast 10 more points so 60 points to distribute among the skills seems like a fair deal.

4>Increase DK passiive hp on defensive item enchantments by 30%. This can be done for all other classes, i don't care, but atleast then (as the devs love saying) people would have a choice to farm hp specific objects to increase their hp. (Without Nerfing Armour Enchantments.) (invalid point since change in hp knowledge system)

5> As the Devs are adamant that new crit rate system is quite fantastic and "50% up Crit rate can be easily achieved without losing efficiency" (I would love to see one of the Devs doing mortis solo on blues even on royal gems and lvl55 items or mortis solo on red with flawless gems and lvl52-53 items, tell them to make a video pls? and show those balanced and efficient stats?) so I think its useless now to try to convince them otherwise (doesn't mean the new crit rate system doesn't suk) . Give standard range of 250-400 and Consistent 4 lines on crit giving items like necklace, belt, adornment, rings. If we had spent time and money before to be able to do mortis solo or mortis with even newer players who might not receive help easily in pro groups, then make it so that it is still possible, a little trickier maybe but not the current scenario where its pathetically apparent that we wont be able to help ourselves too many times, much less anyone else. And for all players who think its good to nerf DK ego so that they help more in groups, well all i can say is that, you are wrong, you will eventually understand why.

Well this post is not to argue with other classes, you can also ask for whatever you wish, like i agree to the ranger damage on deadly blow being restored and SW lvl50 skill should be more useful for them than it is currently. But please don't start arguing with me on the validity of those changes I suggested. As I said I am not a developer, just a gamer, so I wont know half about balancing, but as a player who loves his DK and has dedicated time and money to make it I would like changes similar to the ones I suggested. This is my input into the data @CM Greg and @CM Haruki might be collecting to make this game a high quality experience for every player.

Update: This feedback is regarding pvp from a dk both 1h and 2h.

1> Please do a separate knowledge tab for premium/all players to switch knowledge configurations for pve and pvp so that we dont have to change knowledge everytime.

2> Either armour doesnt count anymore in dso or 2h weapon damage for sw's and steam mechs have been raised so much that the melee class is dead. 2h dk's who did pvp with 2h will take the biggest hit because they have to run in close and i was almost getting 1 shotted by a lvl45 2h koto SW and also a lvl45 akoto steammech even with +25% on less damage from opponent players in fame tree, 5k armour on 2h and 1450 resistance(all) . and i am higher level than him too. now so imagine when he would be lvl50 with lvl40+ fame. I have been shouting abt skills but in that scenario we wont even get to use skills before we die. If ppl say 2h dks also did such damage before 155, then i would say i never had a match with another 2h dk where we were one shotting each other with both of us having near 3k damage. if people with lesser armour got one shotted, we also had to get close to them. We werent one shotting them by staying at base and firing a skill 1-2 times. If DSO wanted balance then 2h dks are not even on the scale right now. I am against asking to nerf other classes, I dont know how to address this, maybe increase latent resistance and armour(more than 10%) of a dk, i dont know but please fix it so that 2h dks can survive as a class of its own. Please consider making 2h class separate and giving separate set of skills and survival skills for 2h players.

2> As reported by many block amount seems to be broken, as well as armour damage reduction, people are dying too soon and frequently. something is very wrong, please fix it.( Invalid point since hotfix #2, I still feel armour isnt working as it should although thats just my instinct shouting)

3> As I said earlier with a bit of modification in the numbers, we need more points atleast 10 points extra for skill, knowledge and fame (with existing number of talents/skills)

4> We need an extra skill slot desperately, if you want players to be truly diverse in using skills.

5> The lvl45 skill for dk, battle frenzy, as stated above is useless(and this is worth stating over and over again). please modify it as stated above.

6> Sometimes in duels the cooldown's carry over to the second round, this used to happen before 155 too but now seems to have gotten more frequent, specially the dk regen skill, it started when a player got my hp down and i killed him that time and when the second round started my regen was still going on and then had a cooldown, the dragonhide skill cooldown is also carrying over to next round. please fix this.

7> Our rage, I was forgetting every time. Since damage on all classes have been increased now, before dks can even do anything their regen skill gets activated because hp is already below 33% but rage? rage is not even 60 yet , dks have to use up stun debuffs ( jump and furious cry) on building enuf rage. then what happens after we build rage and get close to player to do something? we get stunned and die....

Actually just everything about a DK is wrong and not working in so many many ways now.

This is all for now. @CM Greg ,Please make sure you collect as much data as you can and make appropriate changes soon. Right now DSO seems broken beyond repair.

@CM Haruki , Since @CM Greg is not here, please make sure this post is forwarded or viewed by the devs/designers. Except the point of HP which has been taken care of through Knowledge tree all other points are relevant. Please Please make sure the Devs/designers/decisionmakers see this post. @Allogeneous Please help forwarding this post to the CM's if they miss it. I am desperate because this post is a bit old and I am not sure if the CMs and the devs have time to read up the forums in detail.

Thank You to the Forum Moderators for the wonderful job they are doing diligently and even bearing with our tantrums on the forums after we get upset. Good Luck !!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  11. crazyelli

crazyelli Junior Expert

well of course as a spellweaver you like the DK to be nerfed but how you feel if you spent a year farming to get strong enough to tank Mortis for your guild and now there is no way because the DK cant tank now,,, fair i think not,,,i have spent many hours working on my DK and now it is weaker now than what it was at lvl 25-30 ,, but oh thats ok cause you the spellweavers are strong,,, but in my eyes they always have been...

12. Aragorn018

Aragorn018 Forum Apprentice

Apart from all the technical issues and bugs that have been released along with r155, I have two main concerns, pvp-related:

1- Now players can reach an exaggerated amount of damages, of course sacrificing health points and armour, but I doubt that Dragonknights will be able to even get close a Spellweaver or Ranger that has over 5K damages (and I'm not talking about arena top 100 players, many high-medium players are reaching those kind of damages). So, Dragonknights won't be able to get in range in arena without getting killed almost instantly, someone seriously thinks that the 10% more armour dragonknights have is gonna make any difference? When it comes to spellweavers and rangers, pvp fight will become a "who-oneshots-first game", they'll shoot from the maximum distance they can, barely aiming, hoping to hit the opponent ranged player, knowing that in the worst case scenario, two hits will get the job done.

2-Removing the old "Determination" talent ("after you've been stunned, you will be immune from all enemy stunning buffs for 4,0 seconds.") , means that in fights with more than one opponent (3v3, 5v5, 6v6), you can get stun-locked, even if you invest heavily in "Defiance" talent, aka "you will stand there taking damages without being able to move" (you'll tell me "but I can use my pve talents to get free from all negative effects", sure you can, but after you'll use it, you're gonna get stunned 0,00000001 seconds later, since you have no immunity at all). I mean, i got stun locked by f....reaking scoropitls, and yes, against a pve monster liberation-like talents are ok, but against another player, they won't be as useful.

So, consider rebalancing damages, dragonknights defences (which is now pointless to play, I'll stick to my mage for the moment) and reintroducing the old Determination talent.

EDIT:
    Forgot to mention about Dragonknights, that now, without the old "Addicted to Revenge" talent, it is extremely hard to build rage in both PvE and PvP, and the talents that now offer to half rage prices are way too expensive (and I doubt I would take them even if they were cheaper), considering that every point now must be spent wisely. Make Dragonknights build more rage when hit by default.
    Along with that, the new talent "Berserker Rage" is really pointless, 25% more rage and double rage when hitting? I mean seriously? It's like those stones or uniques that gives +% rage, useless for Dragonknights, consider the idea to change it completely.

EDIT II:
    Consider the idea to give the talent "Invigorating Anger" to Furious Battle Cry and not to Battle Frenzy. If the idea behind it was that two regeneration skills were too much, just give Dragonknights one, but with a skill they would actually use. Dragonknights (and tanks in general theory) need some passive regeneration skills and since Superhuman Regeneration got nerfed so bad, I would give the Invigorating Anger talent to a skill that is useful to Dragonknights.
    And by the way Battle Frenzy skill makes no sense to me: without talents it is a skill that can only be used against a large pack of monsters, but when you read the first talent "Condemn", you think that to take aggro against normal mobs you just need to stand closer to them than your party members, while that may be useful against a single target boss if players in your group have way more damages than you (which is likely considering the buff to damage of ranged class); reading the second and third talent, once again I imagine they would be more useful against a single target boss, than a large pack of monsters (considering both the ridicolous range of this skill and the fact that in a large pack of mobs the skill Mighty Wild Swing is way more efficient to regenerate health points). So my point is, if its three talents point towards the direction of a skill useful against a single target, why its base mechanic is only "useful" against a large pack of monster? My suggestion is to completely rework this skill or start from scratch with another one.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  13. Arechia

Arechia Someday Author

Every time I try to go to Twilight Downs I'm getting LS:error.ids_ForkResultForkDenied. I was able to enter Twilight Downs once, but when I got back to town to end one of the quests, I've got this error again when I wanted to go back to that map and now... well, I can't even login to my character because every time I try to do that, I'm getting exactly the same error. So... every evening I'm getting "hanging cat NPC" and "code 23" errors and today, I've got a brand new problem, "fork", which is blocking the game for me too. How am I supposed to play like this? How is it even possible for you to upload such full of bugs release? I've heard hotfix is planned to be released next week, what until then? Will we even get any valuable recompensation? And I'm not talking about 3-day premium (because the current one will go off probably before I hit lvl 46, thanks to all those bugs) or 999 essence. R155 shouldn't happen until all of the bugs got fixed. Why are you always forcing updates before you make sure they won't destroy the game system? Is it really so hard to make updates once or twice a year, well polished and without any issues?

14. fourtwenty68

fourtwenty68 Board Analyst

free 3 day premium=1 mystic cube drop in 3 hours so far.
    :mad:

15. hedwig70

hedwig70 Someday Author

I really find these monsters of lortac really high damage monsters , I even thought their attacks are ignoring armor stats... Even i have 59% armor and 1.5k resistance one long range mummy still deals 1k damage per hit ... Lower the attack damage please its really hard to play with dragonknights with other classes its alright especially with rangers , which I think it might be even stronger than my main spellweaver...

16. rjrichards

rjrichards Forum Pro

This morning I entered Agathon's Alliance Hall and defeated The Nefertari Temptress or whatever her name is only to be rewarded with 2 Green items and coins. In the info I found online it states:

When you first kill there is always legendary items or Uniques.
    The first kill of Nefertari one must, as with the other bosses (destructor, Gorga, Balor, ...) also looking forward to a more significant drop in the form of iconic objects or Uniques.

Ahould I file a ticket to support? Will they do anything? Also for those entering this beware that your travel speed should be at least 15%.

17. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I dont think that boss counts

18. crazyelli

crazyelli Junior Expert

they dont care about us Dks only the sw/rangers,,,

19. Tilwin90

Tilwin90 Padavan

Easy, crazyelli! I never said I am glad the DKs are nerfed close to unplayability. As I said, I have a low-tier DK so I cannot measure the impact myself and from what I see people write here the DKs have been ridiculously downpowered. This I would not know, and I specified it from the beginning!
    Indeed I did point out that DKs required some nerfing. Why is the DK absolutely crucial in taking down Mortis for example now that you brought this up? SWs can be substituted with damage-based Rangers, and what I am surprised is I don't hear the Dwarves complaining. You hear more often DKs solo-ing Mortis than any other class (unless we are talking about heavy payers). DKs are usually the first to brag they can solo this, solo that. And frankly I said I felt this on my young DK already - she could easy breezy get through all unique bosses no problem, while for the SW it was quite a challenge - though admittedly the difficulty might have changed since then.
    Again, I am not supporting a heavy nerf that makes DKs from a heavy class to near-unplayable. I believe in balance, and the kind of balance where each class can be substituted in a group with another - where the game is challenging for everyone equally, and where one class will never be seen as "indispensable" while another one is "filler". I don't believe the SW should be the best class, just like I don't believe the DK should be the worst. Balance is key, though of course it is difficult to achieve and patches will appear here and there. Hang in there, I am sure after so many people complaining here something will be done about your DK! I don't want to see my DK friends leaving Drakensang after all - they are really nice chaps after all.

20. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

[​IMG]
    FEEDBACK: Sorry this is redundant but not sure which threads the CM's are actually looking at and this too important to get lost in the noise.

Block Rate and Block Chance are broken
    . Blocked damage is not being reduced by the correct % and is causing toons to take significantly more damage than they should. It is not functioning as intended, shown in skill description, or even logically. This effects every class and every build utilizing a blocking offhand or other item and is a source problem for a lot of the "nerf" talk.