Feedback Release 164

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, May 2, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Forum Ambassador

Greetings Heroes,

release_164_dro_facebook.JPG

Please post in this thread your comments regarding Release 164.

Positive or negative, constructive criticism and ideas for improvements are, as always, welcomed. Please keep discussions on topic.​

Best regards,
    Your Drakensang Online Team

2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Not to thrilled that Crafting 2.0 has been put off again, but I'll take what I can get. I'm glad to see the essence toggle now too. I'm curious to test it with a low ess and high ess and switching back and forth based on what attacks I'm using. Use green ess on normal attacks to generate rage, and then switch to the higher ess to let rip a series of smashes or spins.

Regarding the Quest UI... meh. All this does it make the game look even more like a clone of another well known MMORPG. The only thing useful about this is that it will allow you to go back and check what you might have missed without having to go to every NPC in the game.

lol9696 and SGK|GaminG|HD2000 like this.
  3. EvelynJ

EvelynJ Forum Apprentice

It would have been nice if they had fixed the bug with Wildherz Caverns map 2 where it doesn't tell you where the bosses are when you use the Quest Guidance.. I feel like there time could have been better spent fixing the recent surge in Nebula 3 audio errors that keep costing me hundreds of materi fragments (and realm fragments during the last event). Whilst a pretty quest book is nice, it doesn't benefit older players and for most newer players they just enjoy killing the monsters and leveling up rather than snooping through a quest log.

Essence toggle is nice. Now just to balance the essence costs of abilities (SM use far less red ess to PvE than the other classes).

Troneck86 likes this.
  4. goof

goof Forum Apprentice

I like the new quest organization. Not being much of a quester (in any game), I often ignore quests I have until I finish them without realizing I was doing them. When I started playing this game and saw a list of quests without any indication of what each type was, I completely ignored it. The new organization means I might actually the quest log once in a while.

I like the Compendium tab. For those of us who play sporadically or those of us who can't remember quests an hour after we finish them, this tab will come in handy.

I was excited when I saw the image mentioning an essence toggle as I thought I'd finally be able to keep essences out of that slot. Then I saw it was a toggle for 2 stacks. :( If someone could sneak in a toggle to block any use of essences before the update, that'd be great, and no other devs would have to know you did it.

I look forward to seeing all the changes.

5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Positive:
    - Essence toggle.
    Finally implemented. Players can now switch essences with a single button press.
    Furthermore ... we don't have to keep essence slot occupied anymore ... because the essences are not auto-mount anymore.
    - Quest types and UI overhaul.
    Finally we can take more than 10 quests. This should have been done before the Lor'Tac expansion.

Negative:
    -Kingshill redesigned.
    This design creates bottleneck in many aspects.
    - Introducing "Shemale" NPC
    Shame on you ... such a low move from classless mutilate brain.

Neutral:
    - Compendium tab.
    Sure the players wanted this kind of feature ... but not in the game itself. Make better use of the DSO Website ... like it used to be the case.
    - Introducing Acts and Chapters.
    Yet again another useless content oriented towards the new players.

mokranje, BitMaster and Troneck86 like this.
  6. ImmortalDeath

ImmortalDeath Junior Expert

I like the new stuff, but really, why don't they add new (actually new) events now, instead of redoing the older events. And I mean good events, not like that stellar gold stuff.
    Especially some PvP oriented event.

And what about inventive quests for all players (middle to endgame), instead of the endless usual farming for everything.

Overall I am satisfied for now, but a little bit disappointed: :(:mad:o_O

Also, guilds need a revamp: I suggest competitive guilds with atleast a leaderboard based on xp (starting from a point in time, not total xp of all players) and maybe PvP position and Achievement points. And guild wars, ofcourse.

BitMaster likes this.
  7. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

1) They would need to fix pvp if they want to pull off a pvp event.

2) Toggle is a good idea.

3) That new area with all the quests is a good idea but the northeastern placement might get tiring after a while due to the distance from the portal.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  8. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

The ess slot is a long overdue addition.
    The quest overhaul is a long overdue addition, pointless to those of us at endgame but still needed.

The rest seems to be mostly cosmetic, which I guess is okay. The new kingshill design is a bit odd to me, but it might work. Certainly not the worst thing you've done to us.

I'm mostly interested in seeing what if any bugs actually get fixed and what new ones we'll be dealing with.

9. BitMaster

BitMaster Someday Author

Essence Toggle: Nice feature, positive thing.
    Quest UI Overhaul, Acts and Chapters, Quest types: I think this is ok for new players.
    Kingshill change: I like the changes that happen now and then to Kingshill because every capital city needs to develop it self :p.
    About the rest, don't have anything to point out. Looking forward to Crafting 2.0 in the next release.

Highly desired things: (these option can be easily fit in Game setting card of the Setting menu)
    • ON/OFF option for all loot auto collect (e.g. event elements, because it is time consuming and boring clicking on every element)
    • ON/OFF option to show/hide cloak when wearing costumes
    • (it would be nice) button (in inventory) to sell all loot from selected inventory bag

Troneck86 likes this.
  10. Red_Jaeger

Red_Jaeger Junior Expert

I like the new essence slot and the new quest UI, even though I have no quests at all to complete.

I also like that new the essences that we pick up do not "auto-equip" like before. However, I also noticed a side effect. If your inventory is full and try to pick up essences of the same type as those that you are already using, you just cannot pick them up at all, even though they do fit alongside the essences that you already have. For example, if you have your inventory full and are using green essence, say a 5K stack, you cannot pick up any green essence stacks, even though they can fit alongside the 5K essence that are already equipped. I do not find this a critical issue, but it would be nice for the essences that we pick up to be added with the essences that we are already using if they are of the same type.

11. Reinier

Reinier Someday Author

First thing that I noticed about the compedium on my main toon: I often have more quests completed than the maximum allowed for a given chapter. For this reason ACT 4 is 0/3 even if the quest list for each Chapter has been completed.

I would like a clarification on release notes:
    I quite don't understand what the first sentence means. AFAIK, it was always like this.
    About the second one, will the "automatic stacking" work on both primary and secondary essence slot? I assume that in this case the "auto-equip" feature that we had until release 164 will return back.

Minor issue: there is a wrong popup text on mouse-over for the secondary essence slot. It prints some kind of internal message.

12. Knifefromjack

Knifefromjack Someday Author

I as a newish player who sometimes gets over his head (PVE) absalutly loves the new essence slot!

13. .Baraba.

.Baraba. Advanced

Ess toggle is ok but there is a bug... when you have green and blue ess in toggle and you pick one from drop its end up in your inv insted in ess count.

Rest is not so interesting. Except new quest sistem is little confusing with all that red, yellow, blue marks in cicle or without.

14. chiuseer

chiuseer Advanced

I like the new essence slot and "auto-equip" feature. I do feel DSO is getting better and better:)

15. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Ess auto pickup is still available, you just have to click on settings and decide if you want auto pick up or not.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2016
    Morinphen and Hetsunien like this.
  16. bilybob

bilybob Junior Expert

Essence bug when equipped and same type is dropped it goes in to the inventory. Also if inventory is full and the same essence you are using is dropped you cannot pick it up and add to existing total.

17. Ash

Ash Advanced

3 Werian quests are bugged for me.
    Save their Souls - can't complete the northern statue.
    Lair Affairs 2/2 - took me 2 tries to recover the tome. First try when I returned to sanctuary the checkmark near the quest part had gone.
    The Wild Hunt - where to put the sword and body?

Big thumbs up for essence toggle.

--MERGED--

Anyone know which npc holds the "brand new quest between the Atlantis and Myrdosch areas"?

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  18. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Patch was a bit weird. First time since I came back that after a patch I had to manually clear cache to get rid of some graphics funkiness.

I am still happy with Quest UI as I outlined in the preview feedback thread. But I have to ask if the Compendium somehow missed the QA step? I have quest progress in many areas that exceed the number of quests available. The most glaring one in my brief look was Act 2, Chap 2. Quest progress is 51/43 and the progress bar actually extends past the right edge of the journal window.

Ess toggle... well took a while but worth the wait. That fact that equipping ess also frees up an inventory slot is a bonus. As far the problem of pick up ess with a full inventory... well if my inventory is that full I am probably back in town anyway. If not I'm sure I have probably picked up some junk I can toss. So while it would be better if ess stacked in the quick slots I'm going to get ahead of the devs in dropping this down on the priority list.

The fairground: first thought the came to mind was, "if it ain't broke don't fix it." On top of that most of the stuff there is fluff, window dressing that servers no useful purpose. As far the travel there from spawning point I hopped on an epic dragon with fairy wand active to get their quickly. By the time I emerged from the alley I felt like I had been thru a pinball machine.

For the misc. stuff putting more Ice minions in Iron Forest gets a big thumbs up from me I have done this so many times with many more left to go that I really appreciate the agony reduction. Was almost not doable before if there was multiple groups in the are doing the same thing.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

19. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

1. Save Their Souls (updated)
    3/3 is half bugged ... al you need to do is change another instance ... if you don't change the instance you can't click on the statues. Avoid grouping.
    2. Lair Affairs 2/2 (updated)
    Nothing is wrong with this quest ... i was playing them few days ago just to update Wiki
    3. The Wild Hunt (updated)
    Scroll down to 2/3
    4. Expedition Leader Maximilian Cragwolf

20. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

As noted above, the Complendium is bugged in regards to the completed/possible counts on some chapters show me completing more than possible.

In general, I find it useless. Rather than show what I've completed, it should show what I have to look forward to / missed and need to go back to finish a chapter.

For existing toons that have moved way past an existing Act / Chapter, is there a mechanism to wipe out the tasks we'll never be able to complete because we're too high level? I will edit this once I go back through the urban areas, hoping that will refresh the lists for dead-to-me tasks.

cdeepal likes this.