Feedback Release 167

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Jun 10, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Troneck86

Troneck86 Forum Great Master

Probably killing our hard drives as well if the game is writing things to a log file so much that it delays gameplay by 30 seconds to two minutes.

As far as the event goes, just doesn't seem like much incentive to run Dragan at all which is sad since said event is focused on him.

2. tassadar1977

tassadar1977 Forum Expert

and seriously, 4 days for hotfix when they said they have fix already but want to test it more?? it cant get much worse imo

Morinphen and _Baragain_ like this.
  3. MANOJ

MANOJ Forum Pro

The inventory sorting is stupid.
    There has to be some sort of lock option or hide that sorting button.
    I really don't want my inventory messed up accidentally. That would kill 30 minutes of my game time sorting things back to way I want it from what DSO sorts out for my inventory.

Morinphen and Novadude like this.
  4. Avarawks

Avarawks Forum Apprentice

Not sure how yours sorts or what you need to get to in a hurry but anything I need to get to in a hurry sorts to the 1st inventory page at the top. Learning that took me less time than the agony of loading a room :D

I like the new sort inventory. Sure, it's a change but I can get used to it and it's already saved me the time of sorting stuff myself several times over.

5. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Kill the inventory sort button. Kill it until it is dead, then kill it again.

Morinphen, rjrichards, Zed and 4 others like this.
  6. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

The sorting button should have been placed in the lower right corner, under the last column.
    The button should have brought up a menu with 1) Sort this tab, 2) Sort tabs ... (with selections), 3) Sort all tabs.

I program industrial systems. Logic controllers, Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), SCADA systems. What I'm saying is from experience, makes sense, and makes customers happy... which brings repeat business and free advertising for new business.

Update: Reading back through the posts, disabling the sort button outside of urban areas is also an excellent idea. I keep my bombs on the first line, 4th tab (only one line there), and usually shift to that tab when first entering a map. That way I have quick access to them. Before the potion slots, this was where they were. Quick access in battle. Last thing I need at that point is to accidentally press the "sort" button and then not have my bomb (or would have been health potion) at the mouse pointer when absolutely needed.

Come to thought, there is another good suggestion. When you open the inventory, always go to the last tab selected, even after changing maps. Even better, make this behavior a setting so that those who always want the first tab to show up would have that instead.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  7. Avarawks

I still think the sort was done fairly well and merely requires becoming used to. I haven't used it a lot because I'm not playing a lot because of the room rendering delay, and I'm sure others (based on the empty urban centres) haven't really had an opportunity to give it the old college try yet, either.

Give it a week, at least, of normal play. Hopefully starting Monday at the latest because that room delay makes me want to burn things :D

8. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Well I'm glad that is over. I accidentally clicked the sort button... a little action that took a fraction of a second. I then spent the next 18 min cleaning up the mess that BigPoint made of my inventory.

[​IMG]

Kiwigal1244, -Skygazer- and Morinphen like this.
  9. Avarawks

18 minutes?! There's your problem. You don't have an inventory, you have a hoard.

I've been using the sort option when I can stand to play with the delay. I love it but if I didn't, it would take me less than 2 minutes to recover from an accidental click.

10. Ergooooooo

Ergooooooo Forum Apprentice

yeah they also reduced the amount of slots before implementing crafting 2.0 so actually not much changed :)
    and yeah items in dragan event still have the normal slots but yeah they didnt put much effort in it, mostly copy paste + extra issues :)

11. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I've been playing for over 4 years and between my locker and inventory pages, I have over 290 items stored. Some of them are collected uniques, useful legendaries, items for crafting 2.0 emotes, costumes, pets, gem holders, event consumables... Long story short, when you've been playing as long as I have, you accumulate stuff. And you categorize it in your own special way. Without a way to lock certain pages, it very user un-friendly because the same minds that brought us the CV system think they know how we want our stuff organized.

12. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

Avarawks, it's almost like someone paid you to be an advocate of the sort button. NO, it is no good for the majority of us who run our inventories by own own rules, not just randomly and NO, it is not just something to get used to. It is a poorly-placed, chaotically-sorting, unnecessary feature that can only result in frustration if clicked by mistake. If you like and use it, good for you... but as you can see from the general feedback, it's yet another example of wasted dev-time.

EDIT - more feedback for R167: the achievement related to the regular Vargulf set has been moved from "Heroic Deeds" to "Event".

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    _Baragain_, -Skygazer- and EhtovK like this.
  13. Wild

Wild Forum Apprentice

Guys pleas make "Inventory Sorting button" invisible for people who don't need it! Maiby a turn off option? Now is 2-nd time i miss-klciked it and my intevnotry is mess again:/

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    -Skygazer- likes this.
  14. MANOJ

MANOJ Forum Pro

There are seven bags. 28 tabs. 196 inventory slots.
    Then there are collections. Costumes, pets, mounts, emotes, dyes, event items, etc.
    And we have weapons and items. Few are our esteemed collection. Few of them are gem holders. Recently there are tabs full of items stored as ingredients for crafts.
    And empty slots for collecting items that we farm.
    Few of them have the first bag reserved for important items that you would like to have a quick access while farming.
    Most of these items are in our inventories for years. Players know what's in their inventory like back of their hands.
    Players like things how they are in inventory and clumping them together in a clumsy order by a single click is disastrous.

Repairing it would mean that you have to place each item to their respective slot where it was before. That is moving 100+ items to different slots one by one.
    That would take more or less 18 minutes for sure (most of which I will be cursing DSO than sorting stuff back:D)

Morinphen and Zed like this.
  15. Avarawks

No, I'm not being paid but I'm starting to think I don't have enough stuff or possibly my organizational methods were close to how the sort is working. Maybe I turf too much stuff, I have a strong dislike of clutter. Like right now, I have a "miss-tronsity" costume from the event. Is it useful for anything but eye candy? If it's not, it's not allowed to take up space!

16. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

That is because you and I (with my main character) are playing wrong.
    The devs are giving us example how should our inventory/locker look like ... and here ... take a look

[​IMG]

That means that this "sorting button" is useful when you don't have more than just the default lines open. It is working very good ... and in case you don't like the sorting ... there are few items that you can switch positions. :D

[​IMG]

So people ... learn from our mistakes ... don't open more inventory/locker space if you are using the "sorting button". :)

Morinphen likes this.
  17. Zed

Zed Forum Pro

So cool. I'm going to sell all my opened tabs. Discount price, who needs 'em ?

18. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

Well, at least the CV can be completely ignored and is no source of frustration due to accidental misclicks, I'm very cautious, but, the button is indeed at a very inconvenient location, it only might be useful for new players, just as Trakilaki said, but as everyone progresses and opens more inventory/locker pages, all find their particular order of inventory that suits their liking/needs.

In my humble opinion, what this sorting feature needs to be "safe" and for us to be able to cope with it is a revert option, one click: sort, another click: restore. It might be somewhat useful to group the same item types for a bit just to have an overview of our resources every now and then, but being able to revert to our desired order later.

And I couldn't agree more on this:

Morinphen and Zed like this.
  19. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

I had some time on my hands so I clicked just to see how it sorted.. and really? Emotes on page 1? Like I need those in a hurry when battling monsters. Do you think blowing a kiss or waving will make the monster keel over and die? :eek:

Definitely need to fix the sort to sort by page, or item, or set something so my essences and spirit stones are always where I want them and sort the rest, or something. What it is now is a real pain.

Morinphen and _Baragain_ like this.
  20. Avarawks

Thanks for fixing the room rendering delay! The game has flow again and I swear less :)

Morinphen likes this.