Feedback Release 176

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Allogeneous, Oct 19, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greetings Heroes,

Please post in this thread your comments regarding Release 176

Positive or negative, constructive criticism and ideas for improvements are, as always, welcomed. Please keep discussions on topic.

If you are unsure what sort of feedback is being asked for, please read this thread.

Any off-topic posts/pointless rants will be deleted.

Best regards,

Your Drakensang Online Team

Yogo and crazyaussie364 like this.
  2. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

So, basically, compensation for MAC users' problems (nice), a meaningless button switch related to the as-meaningless PvE leaderboards, bugfixes tinier than a pen's point and the event at the end of the month... yeah.

When's R177? In two days, five? Why not make one every day? Screw content, we love waiting (same time as with any release, regardless of size) around to download heck-knows-what worth of 1GB+.

3. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

So the feedback (a rant) :)

6 items were specifically mentioned in the patchnotes.

1. Mac users - has nothing to do with me, cannot comment.
    2. Event - not started yet.
    3. Button swap - oh yeah, dream feature.

Bugs
    4. Crit display - you have broken it more than it used to be. It is now not being displayed at all :) how do you guys test? I just cannot believe it. Have at least a single tester looked into any weaponry item with crit? A book, 2handed? Guess what, its not there anymore :)))
    5,6. - no comments.

Guys, while I hope event will be great and it is clearly lots of work, please start working on defects that make sense and directly impact the gameplay. Not some useless tooltips. Fix the mage's skills, fix the maps with thr textures blocking skills. Please please

Morinphen, trakilaki and Gevilson like this.
  4. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Well, everyone else has pretty much said what I was going to except...
    Special abilities added to monsters in Atlantis but somehow this somewhat significant change was not worthy of making into the patchnotes. (To our illustrious admin :rolleyes: I understand you get what you are given. psst, btw, your link to the patchnotes in this thread actually links to the sync announcement ;))

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

Morinphen likes this.
  5. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

Yes, and added "Powerful" Jabbax Raiders (slightly turbocharged versions of those annoying miniature spear chuckers), and buffed the Priest Protectors around the several fixed mini-bosses. Oh, and at least one of the mini-bosses isn't always in its fixed place ... I'm in the middle of my first run, so this may only be an anomaly, but that first one you (used to) encounter wasn't there, just her 2 Priest Protectors.

These are what I would consider notable changes.

ADDENDUM: Not all AAW mini-bosses are counting towards the Daily Quests? I killed 3 of the fixed mini-bosses (again, the 4th mini-boss was missing), Edward the roving mini-boss, and one of the new random special ability (Leader) monsters, but have only been credited with 3 Champion/Leader kills for the DQ, not 5.

I'm not happy :-(

Please don't tell me you also nerfed the already crappy drop rate for the Cloak quest item from the giant beetles (Time-Traveling Jabbax Shaman). That's just me being paranoid, but ... sigh, how can we trust anything in this game?

ADDENDUM 2: The 1st fixed mini-boss was there in my second run, but it's now clear that those fixed mini-bosses no longer count toward Champion/Leader kills for DQ, only Edward and the random special ability monsters you may or may not encounter. Which means there's almost no reason to bother with them at all (yeah, they will drop a green or blue item, usually). So, you can no longer satisfy that 1st 5 Kill DQ with only a single AAW run.

Great. More randomness to slow us down.

ADD 3: Wussub (the special fixed giant beetle) does count towards DQ due to special random abilities. Edward also has random special abilities.

ADD 4: Killed a Greedy Jitterjelly with random special abilities in Abyss of Time, and it counted towards DQ kill goal. Cute thing? It was invisible (except for the special abilities circle on the ground beneath its location). Guess I have to figure out how to make a bug report ...

ADD 5: Killed my 2nd invisible (except for the circle) Greedy Jitterjelly --> counted towards daily. Oh, and non-special abilities Greedy Jitterjellies >are< visible.

ADD 6: They also buffed the HP of the Gorgon Priests (the random Gorgons with the basic red circle beneath them) in Temple Sector. Oh, and Priest O'Brien now has special abilities, so should count towards DQ (can't confirm as I've already finished those kills), and is subsequently no longer a cream-puff push-over.

New day :)

ADD 7: And gave Gordon Heretics in Temple Sector teleportation skills. And buffed (HP and speed) Jitterjelly Queen. All 5 mini-bosses no longer qualify for DQ, but Priest O'Brien is waaaaay buffed plus has special abilities so definitely >does< qualify for DQ.

In all, I found 3 special abilities mobs plus Priest O'Brien. And, because he's right outside of Gorga, just pop in and out and he's respawned. Tedious, but could be worse.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Before you go saying, "So what if they made the Atlantean realms like the newer maps in regard to Leader/Champion requirements?," recall that Temple Sector, Abyss of Time and Atlantis Above Water are all non-respawning dungeons. You have to physically exit and re-enter in order to get a chance at maybe another Leader monster or two. Most of the newer maps have constant respawn, so you can just cycle around the map and continue to nail Leaders in those newer realms.

They've made it so low-to mid-40's toons will be lagging ever farther behind when it comes to Wisdom points.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  6. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Fixed.

Cheers.

MikeyMetro likes this.
  7. bennfros

bennfros Someday Author

Strange that my feedback was deleted, can't understand what was wrong with it. It was normal negative feedback as like 90% from all others.

8. Kindly re-read the opening post. This is an official feedback thread for R176. What feedback is being sought is spelled out in detail in the link. This thread is not for complaining about a bug (Tech section), or for complaining about a pending event which is still only on the TS (TS section), or for detailing exploits (Support), or for complaining about lack of hand-outs given for past bugs/server issues (read the T&Cs of Use) - all of which were in the off-topic posts I have deleted in this thread.

9. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

It would seem this goes for the Norselands as well. My brother found some in Hailstone Mountains.

10. SillySword

SillySword Regular

Just to report a glitch of secondary essence slot. When the number of essence in the slot is not 9999, I double click a stack of same kind of essence in inventory. The number of this essence stack does not change. It will be right after closing and open inventory again. But the worst thing is if it's a stack of light essence (Ordinary Light Essence in my case), game crashes.

Thanks!

11. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

You don't double click the essences (for the secondary essence slot) ... you drag and drop them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.