Feedback Release 185 - Feedback

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Sunlight, Feb 27, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

Sorry.
    I'm a bit confused about those new items skill "% damage on item "( rings , belt ... )
    Can I put some damage runes or % damage on items only affect base stat ( like +15 damage on items )
    So a "+50% damage on item" skill on +15 base stat item, will confer a +7 damage ?
    Is it a bug ? or a bad joke ?

2. GoddessofWar1000

GoddessofWar1000 Someday Author

Greetings,
    I like the new lvl 51-55 maps., so far - so good, however....hee hee. We have guild member that are not at lvl 50, and with the tremendous increase in difficulty in killing "End Bosses" in PW it is near impossible to move ahead. I fear that most players will give up on
    moving up to higher levels. Please review this and take action to correct this. I won't run pw until it is fixed. It is really not worth the
    effort and not fun at all.

3. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

alchimista,

Here is an epic fail that might help you understand. Friday (yesterday) I got:
    =================
    Golden Crown Boots
    Legendary item
    (Feet,Boots)
    Item level: 50 206 CV
    -----------------------------------
    + 89 Armor Value
    O O
    5.48% faster travel speed (2.9, 2.6)
    20.23% more Heath Points on this item (8.9, 11.3)

O O
    -----------------------------------

Now you'll notice the "20.23% increase "on this item" give absolutely nothing because this item doesn't give any health points. Now if you put some Amethysts into the boots it might be useful. As for me, in boots I put Diamonds (right side top to bottom: Ameth, Ameth, Cyan, Diam, Diam. Belt is Cyan.)

With stat's like these, however, I may have to rethink how I sort my gems.

4. CreeperS4

CreeperS4 Someday Author

I would like to give my thoughts on the new PW as i got to lvl 55 today. I'm a war who likes to play on 2H who could farm fatal solo relatively easy before r185, and these are my conclusions after some hours testing:

1- I have huge difficulties killing any boss at MODE 1 (tested grimmag, heredur, osoroc and sigri so far)
    2- Going on a tank build (arround 44k HP), fatal is utterly ridiculous, I even die on normal maps when im surrounded in 10+ enemies (Q3m1 near the windmill is a complete hell)
    3- I don't want to even think what infernal will be like :rolleyes:

Before someone says it, I know, I just got to lvl 55 and i can't do everything on the first day, but my point is the completely new degree of dificulty of the PW. I remember the change from lvl 45 to 50 and it wasn't that bad. I feel sorry for new players who have to complete their quests to unlock further Qs, must be nice to die in 1-2 hits constantly.

PD: What's with the new Heredur ability? He can even shoot u if u are behind him, and on fatal it usually means death, even if you have 40k HP

Universeea and Novadude like this.
  5. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I just noticed the heredur ability. Trick is to start running sideways when heredur goes into the wind up. Easiest to do if you are a mech.

6. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Most of what they did to the bosses has nothing to do with leveling up. They increased them across the board, both damage and health. The attacks are different and much more powerful.

When I decided to check out the new expansion someone was talking about the bosses, so I did a quick check.

Before 185, I could solo all the bosses in painful easily. Now (DK still at level 50) it has become worse than what excruciating was. No more using greens and sort of paying attention.

Before 185, I could solo excruciating bosses (except Khaylis) with blues and mainly had to pay attention to keep from dying. Now, I'm very lucky if I don't die at least once.

Before 185 I could solo a few of the bosses in fatal using red, but that isn't even close to possible now.

I couldn't imagine what it will be like if I bothered to play long enough to level up and begin losing crit, armor and resist.

There will be a lot of people who used to do fatal runs that will now be doing painful for a while.

I did find some interesting gear drops though, including amulets that have % crit rate for item. A gold base line and a percentage line can have an amazing effect on getting the crit rate back up to something useful.

I do like the new base line possibilities. That is a feature in some other games and works well if you find and carry over the enchantments that boost it.

It will be possible to make some sick speed boots and gloves. A gold armor base line on a torso with 4 % damage lines will be an awesome sight and will certainly frustrate a ton of pvp players.

Like other releases those who were over powered will once again make a huge leap quickly while everyone else struggles for a while to somewhat catch up. Same with the heavy payers, this release is a dream for them.

I do think it is cute that some at DSO believe or at least say that this release will have some form of negative effect on twinks. Maybe they have never played this game before or maybe they hope that if they say it enough times someone else might believe it. Everyone else knows better.

MikeyMetro likes this.
  7. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

Yep, I already mentioned this earlier, and a bunch of players just griped about it above me, but seriously, should I quit the game again because of PW boss changes?

I actually did ok with Heredur the other day, but twice now Grimmag kicked my rear. Using the same gear as at Level 50 on my noob Ranger (I just now leveled up to Level 52 while in Q1M2) in defensive mode (65% block rate … hmmm, I could have sworn I was at 80% … did I lose block rate while leveling????; 61% block strength), Grimmag one-shot me with his flame circle explosion attack when I got too close to him while trying to avoid the new mobs he spawns. Yes, in the past he hurt me with that blast, but not instant death.

Prior to R185, I was soloing him on Painful using blues ... again, I tried him on purple essence today ... danced, used all of my attacks, used my tree to block him (who never used to die from Grimmag attacks ... now the tree lasts about 1/2 of his normally allotted life-span before Grimmag hews him down) ... and I still had only reduced his health by about 20% before he killed me the 2nd time (yeah, I paid the 120 andermant once to respawn).

This is unacceptable.

Grimmag will most likely be in my Daily Quests rotation frequently, which means I'll not be earning as many gem refiners as I should (yes, of course I can pay andermant to change the quest option, but that adds up ... in the past, I frequently dropped literally 0 andermant in a PW run on Painful ... and I need every unit I can glom onto as I still have 7 locked rows in my backpack).

Just when I thought I was making some tiny bit of progress in the game, you've set me back. I'm not worried about Infernal mode like the end-gamers, I just wanted to survive Painful. What's the point of playing the game if I can't run even the lowest level of PW, with little hope, therefore, of gearing up?

Oh, yeah, I could pay you a few hundred or thousand dollars a month to artificially build my toon?

The checks in the mail. ;)

UPDATE: Yeah, I leveled up to 52, which didn't mean I got significantly stronger (only one piece of new gear since R185, but it was a mild improvement ... I'm still using my level 50 gear from before R185), but the mobs and end-bosses did. Heredur took 20 minutes to kill. Started on blue essence, because he had been doable for a couple months that way, but pulled in my purple after he killed me once. Ran out of purple, but was close enough to the end that I finished him off with blue.

Oh, and, now that we get gem refiners as a reward for dailies, we no longer get purple essence. So, more gambling? But with less money, as the value of the rings & amulets have plummeted.

Middle-tier / noob Level 50 players are pretty much sc***ed by this release.

EDIT: Oh, and after the community constantly complaining about lack of storage space, you introduce PW cores & portal fragments, as well as resurrecting bone coins. Are there different PW cores for each end-boss?

Please, please make innovative storage solutions a priority for next release (I had to ask :D) ... yes, gem stacking is a good start, but even that needs to be improved, with a separate pack with slots for every possible gem so we can let them accumulate until we're ready to craft up.

ADDENDUM: The new gem designs, I'm talking about the visual format, is a step back. When looking at an item I'm wearing or in my backpack, for those middle levels I can't distinguish between them: They all look like the same triangle to me. I have to actually pull the item into the Jeweler's window in town to figure out what I've got. Minor inconvenience, but still a visual design flaw.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    Universeea, rjrichards and MikeyMetro like this.
  8. Dewesh

Dewesh Someday Author

i have a good tank build before r185. with 30k hp, 78% armor, 80% block rate and 76% block strength with 51% resis, i can tank any bosses in any difficulties but after leveling into 55 i cant even tank nrmal boss. is that what you want dso to die often?

9. jayr3d

jayr3d Regular

before only pvp was unbalanced, now seems pve as well

10. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

I'm thinking their goal was to have us do the leveling up to 55 slower than most are doing it. So if you are out of quests, then yes, it is a grind. Just my thoughts!

11. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

If all they have is full polished gems, (10 offensive and 40 defensive), that only costs 720 refiners to upgrade all of them. The refiners were/are not as significant of an emotional event for newer players as it is for older players. For example, it will cost over 11500 refiners for just my offensive gems, not to mention another 7500 for my defensive gems. That is nearly 20k refiners which is a price tag of nearly 1.4M. He's just lucky in his own way.

TwiliShadow likes this.
  12. SupremeBeing

SupremeBeing Forum Apprentice

My teleport stone does not work in temple of agony must run there allways

13. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

What about "ghost items" from Q6 ?!
    Why do you removed from drop ?

14. SUPERDOUPER

SUPERDOUPER Junior Expert

now with this r185 game is even more unbalanced , for spellweavers and rangers is mission imposible to find a group now , region chat is high demand of dwarfs and tanks, i play sw and before i could easily do any q fatal solo and now i cant even do mode 2 solo. so you have did nothiong to try and balanced this game , this is only to drain more money from players and you dont care about anything else

15. Mesala

Mesala Advanced

There are bugs with crafting where it displays one value, but after accepting it gives the real value. I had 4 items with 1200+ HP on them, and afer clicking craft the final item showed 836 HP. After clicking Accept it came out as 1200+ HP as it was suppost to be.

Leaderboards are bugged, points are counted while being in group, not for all, but for some. You should just take them off because there is no point in competing in a rigged system.

Another thing, the cores from bosses, omg that is so confusing, need better tooltip info on them.

Portal system for going to Parallel world bosses, nightmare, all the icons are the same, and the system is crap, I have to do calculations in my head if I want to go 10-15-20 times on fatal boss map. That needs to be changed to simple 1 port xyz amount of materi fragment.

There are so many items with good lines in this new content expansion that the current space inventory system can't handle after some time, additional tab, two three should be implemented.

And finally, crafting, what are Tier 2, Tier3 items, how do they work when you craft between them, what is the difference, what about t4 items. Instead of waiting forever for official guide, or community to do their work, how about you actually make a guide, a txt, infotip, whatever, inside the game.

And some additional questions, increased damage versus damage on this item? Why CV value of increased damage is so much greater now?

Why blockrate of new shields is crap compared to "old" shields?

Is it possible to craft legendary items with unique items like darkness set, dragan set (old, new) in the future?

What is a draken core lol?

What is the purpose of having increased % dmg on boots when the damage is laughable 15-25?

Universeea likes this.
  16. HurrDurr

HurrDurr Forum Apprentice

just wanna point out that every crit-based build got scr***d up doubly by this expansion. Not only went all difficulty scaling through the roof, you basically do LESS damage by every lvl-up.
    I had around 80% crit chance on 50lvl, each lvl i lose 8% chance. So on lvl 55 i do 35% less damage output than on lvl50. This is not a joke! The "fun" part is that i can't see any improvement on the gear that i'm dropping. Maibe you can achieve what you had by crafting 4/4 goldiline op leg. How should i know? You'd have to farm fatals for that.
    Meanwhile there's that skill-less class that not only doesn't feel lack of crit by lvl-ling up. They get even easier chance of getting %dmg on other leg items. Talk about playing on baby mode (pun intended). Other classes ofcourse cannot go for pure dmg builds, not that much dmg output. "Everything" is alright

/edit
    this is what grinds my gears, clearly put

sample crit based lvl 50
    dmg: 4000
    crit: 75% for x 4.0
    avg per 100% dmg: 13000

sample skill-less lvl 50
    dmg: 7000
    crit: 5% for x 2.2
    avg per 100% dmg: 7420

sample crit based lvl 55
    dmg: 4400 (+400 due lvl up)
    crit: 37,5% for x 4.0
    avg per 100% dmg: 9350 (-28.1%)

sample skill-less lvl 55
    dmg: 7400 (+400 due lvl up)
    crit: 2.5% for x 2.2%
    avg per 100% dmg: 7622 (+2.7%)

in order just to keep our current dmg out we have to double our critical rating. Meanwhile all flat crit lines are removed from legendaries...

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    Universeea likes this.
  17. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

I'm pretty sure I got some of those lately.

18. Universeea

Universeea Advanced

100% agree with hurrdurr.
    Steams can dance along happily and easier than ever before now with % damage on helmet and belts not too mention when they level up they are getting MORE dps and all other classes are getting LESS dps because max critical value is what now-14k for 80%?
    ...what a load of crap.
    And also whats the point in having increased damage on boots when it gives 15-25 damage seriously... Some new stats need reworking.
    And crafting needs to be fixed ASAP. I'm seeing a bug that shows after I craft together my ingredients it shows it picked 2 of the base stats from 2 different items...and the base line that shows on the weapon is off as well. And weapons need there DPS and Damage shown again.

HurrDurr, Zed and jayr3d like this.
  19. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

I'm a Level 50 Spellweaver playing in Lor'Tac. I don't normally group alot, but yesterday I grouped 3 times. Each time a DK approached me. I followed him (each) and gave massive support, and he (each) gave me massive clearance to do massive damage (means I wasn't running away 1/3 of the time).

Maybe what your missing is that the tank should be the leader?

20. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Just go in on normal. It is bugged. Normal will unlock it and then you can teleport there, but only to normal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.